Fleet Service&cust.ast. Reps Full Time Clt

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
I do not know how to post links but this is part of what is on aol.careerbuilder
Open interviews for Fleet Service Agents & Customer Assistance Reps in CLT FULL TIME. Fleet Service agents $7.17 per hour, Customer Assistance Reps $ 7.52 per hour.
Open interviews Wed Jan 12 at 10A & 1P at the Sheraton Airport Hotel 3315 I 85 Service Road.
What is up with this ? Are these our replacements or what ?

It clearly states USAIRWAYS, just wish I was computer savy enough to post the link. This is the same hotel where US does all their "open houses"
If someone can find the actual link & post it it would be appericated.

not sure what the issue is. I am not in the industry but am in management in charge of operations for a technology company. Whether we have openings or not, we consistently recruit for future/new opps, turnover, terminations, etc.....

Customer Assistance Reps are those who drive the carts and assist passengers in wheelchairs, handicapped and unaccompanied minors. Those who work the gates and counter are a different classification. Dont be surprised to see openings soon for customer service. The new contract allows for a limited number of "ready reserve" or stand by/on call agents who work sick calls and uncovered lines. Ready reserve has no benefits except for free travel.

I heard the ramp recently had a class of new hires of about 14 new ramp agents and only 2 or 3 are still on the job.

Non Rev said:
Customer Assistance Reps are those who drive the carts and assist passengers in wheelchairs, handicapped and unaccompanied minors. Those who work the gates and counter are a different classification. Dont be surprised to see openings soon for customer service. The new contract allows for a limited number of "ready reserve" or stand by/on call agents who work sick calls and uncovered lines. Ready reserve has no benefits except for free travel.

I heard the ramp recently had a class of new hires of about 14 new ramp agents and only 2 or 3 are still on the job.
[post="237002"][/post]​
Fleet Service has all kinds of openings, also customer service (mainline) has openings in the system as well. We are getting to the point where recall rights are expiring or nobody wants the recall so they are forced to hire off the street.

They just upped the starting pay to 9.59 per hour. They were not getting any takers at what they were offering. Many of the positions are Mid Atlantic. Express in DCA will be furloughing in Feb and we believe many will cross over to M/L and MDA when that happens. DCA will be 70 outside agents short on the Feb schedule. We can barely cover the operation on a good night , when things go to crap we fall apart due to staffing shortages.

Maybe inside they upped the pay, but by the contract ( which will probably get voted in ) FSA starting pay is $9.00. Maybe MESA is hiring at $9.59 but not Mainline.

Latest posts