Fleet Service Goes from Bad to worse (MERGED TOPICS)

NETOSETONE

Sep 5, 2007
To all of you who work in a class 1 station and voted no, I'd like to ask you, if USAirway's new offer
was to top-off at $ 21.00 but outsource all class 2 stations....how would you vote?

To all of you who work in a class 1 station and voted no, I'd like to ask you, if USAirway's new offer
was to top-off at $ 21.00 but outsource all class 2 stations....how would you vote?

HELL NO!!

STOP THE BLEEDING

HELL NO!!

STOP THE BLEEDING

I think what everyone here needs to understand is that we in the class 1 stations and the ones who have been here for 20+ years are not your enemy----

This company has been making record profits of our a*sses for many quarteres now and it's time to give us our due----

Why should Parker/Canale and the boys all get big fat salaries and bonuses and we have to settle for a cost neutral contract that extends until 2012----

Wake up here it's time to stop these crooks in their tracks and stand up for what is right for yourself and your family------

There is a big problem with the American Worker-----and it all started when:

We the People became Me the People

The time is now is the time to stop the bleeding

Boss canale said,
"Separately, the West agreement is currently amendable and District 141 will continue negotiating to bring West employees under the East agreement and fairly integrate the two work groups. "

UNBELIEVALBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parker NEEDS a transition and you fleet service workers said NO to transition until you get a fair and equitable agreement. Now United Airline's own, Boss Canale said he will now work with your company in putting the west siders 'under' the bankrupt east agreement. He has indicated that it is best to put your transition card on a silver platter and deliver it to Parker without your vote next time.

This is screwing the west siders by agreeing to work on putting them under a bankrupt contract INSTEAD of forcing your company into section 6 negotiations with the west siders. Every west sider should now be pissed off bigtime. Every East sider should now be super pissed that Canale is working to bring the west 'under' the east sides bankrupt contract, instead of telling the company, "Screw transition until it gives fleet service workers everwhere a fair and equitable contract."

This latest missive from Boss Canale is the worst treason I have witnessed in 18 years of IAM representation on your property. Truly PHL, PIT, CLT, PHX, LAS must do something forceful towards the IAM. Hopefully the network can have more involvement from LAS, PHX now that the IAM has shown its position and is now going to place you folks under a bankrupt east side agreement.

[email protected]

Regards,

So they want to spank the west now? No section 6 negotiations. There will be no merger without integration, remember that! Canale wants the United merger that is right around the corner too bad now. West must step up to the plate and show them who is boss. There is still that big intimidation on the west side with the sandcastle.

Show them what you are made of. This time say NO and say it loud.

So they want to spank the west now? No section 6 negotiations. There will be no merger without integration, remember that! Canale wants the United merger that is right around the corner too bad now. West must step up to the plate and show them who is boss. There is still that big intimidation on the west side with the sandcastle.

Show them what you are made of. This time say NO and say it loud.
Canale is too close to United and it appears there will be no vote to say 'no' next time. His letter indicates that there will be no extension to the east contract and that Parker will get his transition without a vote from east siders or west siders. Fleet service will just be 'cut out' figures so there will be no vote to deal with. This mirrors what the Jeff hayden letter put out. Certainly, Treason against every member, both west and east.

Also, I am convinced that he has not served a section 6 notice to Parker even though the west siders have an ammendable contract for quite some time now. I would be willing to spend my time helping to organize the west siders against Boss Canale and to force a section 6 on Parker. Other west siders who believe they deserve a fair contract and want to get involved, contact our network and get your station involved. The alternative for west siders is to continue to sit and do nothing in return to be slotted 'under' the bankrupt east side agreement.

[email protected]

regards,

What recourse do the West employees have if Canale decides
to forgo the Section 6 and pull them into the current agreement
without a vote ? I do know that most if not all the East employees
would side with anything to keep the West from being forced into
an agreement they don't want or at least a chance to have a say
in it. Its' becoming more and more clear that the powers to be are
just not getting it. If Canale goes through with this smoke and mirrors
move, he should be ousted. The thing most don't like to do but at some
point must think about is decertification with the intent to seek new
representation after the 1 year imposed stay without a union. I would
believe there are many unions out there who would love to get thier hands
on a membership as large as this. Then WE would decide who should
represent our interests. Because the reality is our union heads know that
we as a membership are p#*!!#d and yet they still ignore the elephant
sitting in the room. I believe Tim Nelson is extending his inside knowledge
to the workings and thinkings of the IAM's current leadership to any West
employees and maybe it wouldn't hurt to talk. You need to be as informed
as you can be as to all if any recourse you may have....This is just an
opinion ....just an opinion......
Thanks

We can get an election on the property by getting the sufficient number of cards signed by the membership for the union of our choosing----

The real risk will be the election itself under the NMB and its crooked set of rules which of course favor the company-----

If the membership fails to get 50 % of the votes +1 of the total number of members on the property---we become non-union----

But rest assured, if Canale and company pull a fast one on this fired up fleet service group---there will be a very large movement in that direction----

We must all stand together----It's just too bad we have to fight the same people we pay to represent us----but fight we will

We can get an election on the property by getting the sufficient number of cards signed by the membership for the union of our choosing----

The real risk will be the election itself under the NMB and its crooked set of rules which of course favor the company-----

If the membership fails to get 50 % of the votes +1 of the total number of members on the property---we become non-union----

But rest assured, if Canale and company pull a fast one on this fired up fleet service group---there will be a very large movement in that direction----

We must all stand together----It's just too bad we have to fight the same people we pay to represent us----but fight we will

You all should start following the pilots threads on decertifying a union under the Railway Labor Act. BoeingBoy has posted some very good information. Since airlines fall under the act, you fall under the NMB rules. In affect, the votes to decertify are:

50% +1 of all eligible members in the craft and class need to submit a card. The NMB will conduct an investigation. If the cards are proven correct or lawful. Then the NMB will call for an election.

Here's the tricky part. 50%+1 of those eligible must vote. Then the winner is chosen by 50%+1 majority. If 50%+1 of those eligible fail to vote, you could end up with no union representation. However, you need to have an alternative available to replace the existing union.

In the pilots case, the alternative to ALPA is USAPA (US Airline Pilots Association) Check out the website http://www.usairlinepilots.org

Just some advice.

Time to put a foot up some of these fat asses. Look at the Pilots, they're not happy with ALPA, so they may vote them out. I can tell you how much the CWA is loathed by the membership. Maybe passing out some cards might give them a wake-up call. Fleet Service has always been in the back seat behind maintenance with the IAM. How about a Customer Service, Fleet Service alliance. I wouldn't worry about a 50% + 1 vote, nobody is foolish enough to trust the company anymore and go without representation.

This should have been done YEARS AGO. Your'e telling me that people are just now starting to get the "Big Picture" :blink:

Take Math Lessons timmy,

IAM represented fleet in 1995 at US.

2007-1995=12 years, not 18.

The TWU all ready had served a section 6 notice to HP when their CBA became amendable.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

TWU Negotiation Updates

Back