Iam Fleet Service topic 5/21- merged topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm not drinking your kool aid about right to work states and right leaning antiunion states. Right to work laws and even right to work states really haven't had any impact on the railway or airline industry. Aren't all the WN employees from Texas, NV, AZ all 100% union yet from right to work states?
LAS, CLT, PHX are all right leaning right to work states with a negative perception of unions, yet their local leadership has built much more solidarity than the leadership of PHX has. No wonder with your negative perception of those you represent, and unfortunately your negative perception of those who represent you. If that's the perception of your own members then I can certainly understand why PHX is PHX. Sheesh!

On a separate note, I would think that the District would respond by giving PHX a District officer it can work with. Prez said he liked MW, and I heard PHX supported MW. Also, RR has alot of respect in PHX.
NH has alot of respect here and practically everywhere else so no need to have him and the Local committee locking horns. Should be win win. PHX should be able to have RR or MW. And NH can be reassigned to a station that respects him. That's exactly what the District should do, give PHX who its local membership supports.

That's provided MW wins in the election. I personally hope that he loses by a landslide, and goes the way of PF, and JR.

That's provided MW wins in the election. I personally hope that he loses by a landslide, and goes the way of PF, and JR.
Not sure who's winning or losing. But Prez said he didn't prefer NH so I would think that PHX would get someone it's comfortable with. Forget FO, we aren't going to allow PHX to have our AGC.

Just received word that CMH ramp is to be outsourced. Last day of work August 16. Any other stations announced?

Just received word that CMH ramp is to be outsourced. Last day of work August 16. Any other stations announced?

Another one bites the dust, huh? I guess with only 2-3 mainline flights from PHX and the rest EXPRESS, it was bound to happen. This company is strategically and surgically removing the ranks of Fleet Service piece meal. Another reason why we need to protect our jobs. Pretty soon, the hubs will be the only place that Fleet has jobs. BOOOOO, US Airways! We need to make sure that we protect what will be left when we negotiate the next contract!

Pretty soon, the hubs will be the only place that Fleet has jobs.

Who get’s the ground service contract to do the work?
http://piedmont-airlines.com/careers.shtml
http://www.fsspeople.com/employment/locations.htm
https://www3.ultirecruit.com/air1002/jobBoard/Listjobs.aspx?_vt=extcan
http://www.jetstreamgs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=23
http://www.jetstreamgs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=38
http://www.dalgs.com/Aviation/Pages/LocationsTemp.htm
Express carriers/ground service contract providers are hiring at an unusual pace for the airlines business. Wonder why? They’re coming .No one is immune
Put it out to the lowest bidder

A special thanks to District 141 communicators for their recent story on one of our

fallen employees. Also like the new links off 141 to other US sites . I have to say in the last 12 mths

our web page has become very effective and UPDATED.. Something that the US stepchildren of

old would have NEVER of gotten without the current Leadership in place.

http://iam141.org/news/usa.html

A little something from airliners.net regarding the outsourcing of CMH ramp. Note how the schedule was fudged with the obvious intent of contracting out that work.

Not so good news at CMH today.

USAirways informed its 50 rampers here that they will be terminated as of August 15. The reason is because CMH fell under their 14 weekly daily mainline flights over the course of the year. In order to do this, USAirways reduced CMH-PHX to 1x daily for several weeks early in the year. That gave CMH an average of 13.8 weekly mainline flights, so US was free to outsource the jobs. This is regardless of the fact that USAirways and their Express operation operate 24 daily flights from CMH, the majority of them on 86-seat ERJ-175s.

Though probably the most disheartening thing about this is the calibur and quality of the people being lost in this downsizing. Many on the USAirways ramp herald back to the days of Piedmont and Alleghany, as well as USAir's former Dayton hub. Other workers being laid off worked at America West's CMH hub since its inception. They are a quality group, and it is USAirways' loss that they are leaving. All the best to them in their new endeavors in life and that they get back on their feet soon.

A little something from airliners.net regarding the outsourcing of CMH ramp. Note how the schedule was fudged with the obvious intent of contracting out that work.

Not so good news at CMH today.

USAirways informed its 50 rampers here that they will be terminated as of August 15. The reason is because CMH fell under their 14 weekly daily mainline flights over the course of the year. In order to do this, USAirways reduced CMH-PHX to 1x daily for several weeks early in the year. That gave CMH an average of 13.8 weekly mainline flights, so US was free to outsource the jobs. This is regardless of the fact that USAirways and their Express operation operate 24 daily flights from CMH, the majority of them on 86-seat ERJ-175s.

Though probably the most disheartening thing about this is the calibur and quality of the people being lost in this downsizing. Many on the USAirways ramp herald back to the days of Piedmont and Alleghany, as well as USAir's former Dayton hub. Other workers being laid off worked at America West's CMH hub since its inception. They are a quality group, and it is USAirways' loss that they are leaving. All the best to them in their new endeavors in life and that they get back on their feet soon.
although it's certainly unethical, it isn't unfair since fleet service shook and agreed on this. Fleet service needs to start taking responsibility for a contract that it approved that will eventually throw away another 20 stations instead of pointing fingers toward management. Can't blame the company for doing something that fleet service actually agreed to as acceptable.

They are not being terminated, they will have options on moving to keep their job per the CBA.

although it's certainly unethical, it isn't unfair since fleet service shook and agreed on this. Fleet service needs to start taking responsibility for a contract that it approved that will eventually throw away another 20 stations instead of pointing fingers toward management. Can't blame the company for doing something that fleet service actually agreed to as acceptable.
Janitor
I agree with you 100%. Its time everyone in fleet wakes up before the next contract and realize that unless you have job protection in your contract, then you have nothing!!! Dosent matter about anything else in the contract (money, vacation, sick time, etc...), without job protection, we wont be there for the other things to matter. We have to stop trusting managment will take care of us, and take care of ourselfs. Most of us know this. However some of us let the money do the talking. Thats why a lot will do the walking !!!!

Janitor
I agree with you 100%. Its time everyone in fleet wakes up before the next contract and realize that unless you have job protection in your contract, then you have nothing!!! Dosent matter about anything else in the contract (money, vacation, sick time, etc...), without job protection, we wont be there for the other things to matter. We have to stop trusting managment will take care of us, and take care of ourselfs. Most of us know this. However some of us let the money do the talking. Thats why a lot will do the walking !!!!

Janitor
only slightly less repelling is when a LC comes on here and puts the blame on his entire state for being right of center instead of looking in the mirror.

Janitor

Charlie...

Your post should be words of wisdom for the upcoming agreement talks. The EAST was chastised for our hard line approach to outsourcing. That was the biggest reason we voted NO, and were willing to hold out for another tentative.

It is time to put the past behind us, and get everyone on the same page for the next round of negotiations. Things to consider besides outsourcing protection should be...

A~ Definitive Merger and Acquisition Language that protects jobs, and seniority in the (likely) event of another merger.

B~ Straight Date of Hire seniority that is based on time in the classification. No grandfathered adjustments that penalize for part-time service within the classification.

C~ Improved Scope Language that eliminates the contractual ambiguities that are currently being exploited by the company.

Add more to this list if you want....

I’m sure my favorite medieval entertainer will have a tremendous amount of positive feedback regarding suggestions that will help to cement Fleet Jobs into a career oriented occupation with longevity!

So abrades...

BroBilly

Reactions: 1 person
I’m sure my favorite medieval entertainer will have a tremendous amount of positive feedback regarding suggestions that will help to cement Fleet Jobs into a career oriented occupations with longevity!

Mister Roabilly!

Why! Did someone invoke my name? Let's start with some positive feedback, it would appear Mr. Delaney was on the right track in protecting stations... it isn't a popular idea if the trade-off is less pay raises for others, but neither is a shrinking dues paying base for the IAM.

I am never quite sure why you think this is a "career orientated" position... one thing to just happen to be here for 30 years, but quite another thing if this is a "career" for which you can make lateral moves between firms without serious paycuts. I willl remind everyone to look introspectively and think that if US was to close tomorrow, what would be your income/"career orientaged" expectations as an individual with more than a decade to retirement? This firm does not need to close, but just be a victim of a Level 4 or just leave a mark on a plane or being "Swissported" from CMH, and where might you be?

I might need to defer to my furloughed LAS buddy, Cream Horn Pastry, if he thought taking the pay raise along with the subsequent increase in unemployment benefits was worth the so-called "job security" when he would have been furloughed from LAS regardless. Neither the TWU or IAM CBA's protected anyone's job due to the reduction in the flight schedule from LAS and CMH nearly a decade ago. You throw around the TWU's CBA as if it was bulletproof to job cuts, but avoid discussing what happened to CMH several years ago. Sincerely, I believe you are being more than a little iintellectually dishonest trying to use the "job protection" clause as an argument to the "fools" that decided to take a huge payraise in lieu of something of marginal value. For all the Easties who thought the TWU job security was so great, you should have offered to swap paychecks with one of the West rampers in exchange to vote against the T.A. being offered. After 5 years of a meager wage, I am sure you would have had a change of heart (or found a new "career orientated" position).

Maybe Cream Horn Pastry might stagger his way into an internet cafe and while signing in for his unemployment benefits, offer his views as to the trade-off for the job that he would have never been able to keep or a pay raise which gave him a 40% pay raise over a year? Tell me, honestly, Mr. Roabilly (and this goes for the all Easties who thinks the West were being fools to support that T.A.), if you were the one making $10/hour after 7 years with the TWU contract, and were presented a 50% raise in exchange for "job protections" which did not prevent furloughs, would you have voted against the T.A., knowing it might another 5 years or longer before you get the IAM payscale?

So Implores Jester.

Status
Not open for further replies.