Iam Fleet Service topic 5/21- merged topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bagchucker,

I dont know what station your at but MW was asked today in the PHX breakroom why he has never been to PHX and helped the committee and he came up with some BS answer about how he was based in PIT, and has too many other things going on to spend time in PHX. Bag if your in PIT he must only spend his time there, i understand you only have about 100 people there, so i would hope he does a great job with only 100 in that station. His second station is PHX and has never been here til now, he must want our vote.

Sounds just like a certain former DL President, who only showed up in LAS before voting the other year. Your Reps need to show up at LEAST a few times a year for the membership to see. That doesn't mean showing up at a LL meeting or to meet with Management. They need to get out into the work areas, talk to the employees, see what they aren't hearing.

Bagchucker,

I dont know what station your at but MW was asked today in the PHX breakroom why he has never been to PHX and helped the committee and he came up with some BS answer about how he was based in PIT, and has too many other things going on to spend time in PHX. Bag if your in PIT he must only spend his time there, i understand you only have about 100 people there, so i would hope he does a great job with only 100 in that station. His second station is PHX and has never been here til now, he must want our vote.
I am actually at a West Coast station... I will ask this again, Is MW the ONLY AGC in the IAM who is assigned to PHX? Unfortunately, I do not have a list in front of me detailing which stations the AGC's are supposed to represent, but I will check on a couple things next time I have access. I can't imagine that he is the only AGC for PHX and has never been there until yesterday?

I am actually at a West Coast station... I will ask this again, Is MW the ONLY AGC in the IAM who is assigned to PHX? Unfortunately, I do not have a list in front of me detailing which stations the AGC's are supposed to represent, but I will check on a couple things next time I have access. I can't imagine that he is the only AGC for PHX and has never been there until yesterday?

It would have been very simple to ask him when he was in your station........

It would have been very simple to ask him when he was in your station........
Well, yes, you are right, but in my defense, it really does not matter to me whether or not MW is the AGC for PHX, as I do not work at that station. I really don't care which stations he reps and which ones he doesn't... the only reason I spoke up in the first place was to add an opinion against the bashing of him by a few on this thread. Will say it again, he has had a presence in the stations I know that he reps, and has helped the membership there, that is why I find it strange that he has been a ghost in PHX, if that is truly one of his stations to rep.... that's all folks. I'm done with this particular topic.

Well, yes, you are right, but in my defense, it really does not matter to me whether or not MW is the AGC for PHX, as I do not work at that station. I really don't care which stations he reps and which ones he doesn't... the only reason I spoke up in the first place was to add an opinion against the bashing of him by a few on this thread. Will say it again, he has had a presence in the stations I know that he reps, and has helped the membership there, that is why I find it strange that he has been a ghost in PHX, if that is truly one of his stations to rep.... that's all folks. I'm done with this particular topic.
MW is not a terrible person, he does indeed have PHX with NH and RR. He has only been to the ramp grievance office 1 time in 2 years and found his way to the breakrooms for his first time because he needs votes from members so he can continue to collect a pay with doing very little, of course except for your station. He also schedules all US arbitrations and has forgot to schedule any for PHX and DCA as well as other cities? Ask him Why! iam141.org look up officers and email him. I am!!

Reactions: 1 person
I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Delaney today. There was an informal meeting between him, the shop stewards, the grievance committee, an AGC, the communication officer and the safety chairman. It was very informative and as far as I'm concerned a very productive meeting. I had the chance to ask the question I told Jester I would ask next time I spoke with Mr. Delaney. There will be more to follow.

Reactions: 1 person
I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Delaney today. There was an informal meeting between him, the shop stewards, the grievance committee, an AGC, the communication officer and the safety chairman. It was very informative and as far as I'm concerned a very productive meeting. I had the chance to ask the question I told Jester I would ask next time I spoke with Mr. Delaney. There will be more to follow.

I would like to echo this observation. Mr. Delaney was very candid in his remarks regarding impending negotiations, communications issues, and the future direction of the IAM.

As we approach these negotiations, several channels of communications will become available to the membership for the submission of proposals. These proposals will be intended to improve our status in regards to contract structure.

Shop stewards will provide input regarding language improvements to issues that have negatively affected past grievances. The goal here is to use the collective intelligence of the membership, as well as that of the stewards to augment the effectiveness of our leadership.

Reactions: 2 people
FLEET SERVICE UPDATE----- FLEET SERVICE UPDATE----
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte Local 1725 held the District Officer Elections toady. The membership once again showed their commitment to maintaining, and preserving the hard work that took place two years ago with the ND08 initiative, as ND10 prevailed by a large margin.

A special thanks to all of those who voted. Regardless of your preferences, your participation is invaluable to sustaining the democratic principals that unionism is built upon.

And a very special thanks to our guest from PHX... who took the time to fly all the way to CLT to support the ND.

A special thanks to DF fer cookin’ them dawgs... ‘n TN for drivin’ that short bus!

May Collective Intelligence prevail...

BroBilly!

how about RR for drivin people to the polls for ND10, thanks RR i appreciate it, and all the positive things about them you and CLT rock, thanks

I would like to echo this observation. Mr. Delaney was very candid in his remarks regarding impending negotiations, communications issues, and the future direction of the IAM.

As we approach these negotiations, several channels of communications will become available to the membership for the submission of proposals. These proposals will be intended to improve our status in regards to contract structure.

Shop stewards will provide input regarding language improvements to issues that have negatively affected past grievances. The goal here is to use the collective intelligence of the membership, as well as that of the stewards to augment the effectiveness of our leadership.

My Dearest Mr. Roabillly!

Might you provide an update to "Team Jester" in the elections results... I promised nothing and delivered nothing, so honesty should count for something, don't you think? Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed.

Speak of honesty (or a lack thereof), when you concurred with Joe Dirt's assessment regarding the chat with Mr. Delaney, I had the impression of something historical, but less than honorable. I could not decide if it was Joseph McCarthy's "list" of spies for which was never revealed or if it was Nixon's pre-election "secret plan" to bring peace in Vietnam. I could almost hear the ND 10's campaign, "We have a secret list which plans for the up-coming contract negotiations, but we can't tell you the details. However, vote for us anyway, even though we haven't done much in the last two years."

If honesty counted for something, I would have been elected President (assuming I placed my name on the ballot). I guess I just happened to catch Mr. Delaney in a moment of weakness when the stated objective would be to keep scope over raises in the negotiations. But hey, with projections of sizable company profits in the financial forecast, you might just find a fat hog at the bargaining table... but leave the Carolina BBQ sauce at home as it just ruins the meat.

So Slathers Jester.

How does it that US Airways can get away with anything that they want? I use my sick time (THAT US AIRWAYS GIVES TO EVERYONE) and when you use it you get a write up. NOW does this MAKE any sence is there a way I cant fight this? I just cant plan to be sick. I am only human when your sick YOUR sick no if and or buts about it.

BTW I am a IAM member does that help i guess not. I am paying $20 a check for what it seams like nothing I rather not be in the union and save myself that money that I can use for food.

How does it that US Airways can get away with anything that they want? I use my sick time (THAT US AIRWAYS GIVES TO EVERYONE) and when you use it you get a write up.

They shouldn't. In fact, US has created a policy (that is being fought by the Union) that spells out exactly when you get written up for attendance. You need at least 5 points, which means ate least three occurrences. Either US if violating their own policy or you're not giving us the whole story.

Sorry guys I haven't been monitoring the site so I didn't know about any of this until today. First off I never told anyone in the district that "we got your back," JK, the other committeeman might have, I told them I would try. I was asked by NH to help get out the vote for the nominations and I have on many occasions told him that there is little interest. I asked the District to provide information on the candidates, which they did, hoping that this would help, it did not.

PHX is very apathetic for a variety of reasons. One, Arizona is a right-wing state and most of the membership leans that way. Unions have such a bad image in this state that many of the workers here do not want anything to do with the union. Case in point, the Pension people came to phx, and I had many people tell me that they wanted nothing to do with the pension because of the union. Two, we have only been a unionized for 10 years, our average seniority right before the merger was 5 years. Three, PHX never had to suffer under RC or the two bankrupt contracts, they don't know anything about the previous leadership. Four, many of the ND08 candidates were against the contract, which PHX voted strong for. And before anyone claims it was because it was at the airport, I guarantee it would have been the same if it was held at the holiday inn. PHX cared at that point because the people were making so little that they had no choice but to vote yes and given the economic meltdown shortly thereafter, it probably was the right decision. Add all these together and it is very hard to get people motivated to come to the meetings and vote. I recently asked my LL president if she experiences the same thing at SWA and she said that it is similar.

I personally have a hard time giving a person a slate card and telling them to vote for all the candidates, when I can only vouch for some of them. The other candidates I know nothing about. When I asked an AGC, he couldn't tell me much about them either. The District bylaws need to be changed so that US Air votes for our own AGC and United votes for theirs.

I have never said the AGC's are against us, where did that come from?
Sorry, I'm not drinking your kool aid about right to work states and right leaning antiunion states. Right to work laws and even right to work states really haven't had any impact on the railway or airline industry. Aren't all the WN employees from Texas, NV, AZ all 100% union yet from right to work states?
LAS, CLT, PHX are all right leaning right to work states with a negative perception of unions, yet their local leadership has built much more solidarity than the leadership of PHX has. No wonder with your negative perception of those you represent, and unfortunately your negative perception of those who represent you. If that's the perception of your own members then I can certainly understand why PHX is PHX. Sheesh!

On a separate note, I would think that the District would respond by giving PHX a District officer it can work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.