FLEET SERVICE NEGOTIATIONS

The NMB would never let two large groups at one airline strike at the same time.

:up: Time for fleet to sick together ,call a union meeting and get the the companys attention. Now is the time there is no judge now they can run to and cry.
they have to answer to the stock holders.

Actually the IAM at US has sanctioned strike language in their CBAs.

Also go ask the APA about how many millions of dollars it cost them for thier sickout when AA purchased Reno Air.

even if there were to be a strike wouldnt it be a yr or two away at earliest?
[/quote

Any strike talk would be premature until secton 6 negotiations were impassed. My understanding from 'key sources' is that the present negotiations are simply not in the context of section 6. I realize US West has an ammendable contract but I'll repeat, these negotiations are in the context of bringing the west and east into the same contract. This means that such things as pay and benefits are discussed because each 'westie' TWU contract article is distinctly different from the East' IAM contract articles. But it doesn't mean 'full blown' section 6, impasses, etc. Anything other than this is simply union rhetoric from IAM loyalist.

Robbed again, here's the facts.
Negotiations between the IAM and the company were done in a cordial manner in which the company presented a comprehensive proposal to the IAM. The IAM is now reviewing the proposal and will contact the company to further negotiations after the IAM has thoroughly reviewed the proposal and any future options.

regards,

wonder how the top shot idiots running the company would feel if the rampers took too long to park a plane or off load it with the wizards of tempe on it

I know at American when a 'Dallas Darling' is flying in or out, we have to basically do a deep clean on the aircraft,stock it in triplicate and there will be ten guys on the gate crew instead of the usual three and a half as well as half a dozen CSM's on the ramp and jetbridge.

Disgusting that the corporate types riding for free get better treatment than the full fare paying passengers do.

DONNA PALODINO STATED TODAY THAT THE IAM PLANS TO MEET WITH THE COMPANY ON TNE 14 OF FEB. SHE ALSO STATED THAT THE IAM WALKED AWAY AFTER THE LAST COMPANY PROPOSAL TO THE IAM, IM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT IT WAS

The companies proposal was a joke , they want to give a 2 % raise per year through 2012 and they want to give only 2 paid holidays back.

They also want to raise West pay in small increments. What I've also heard is that Al Heminway will throw a red herring into negotiations whenever it looks like any type of agreement is made. He will come up with something off-the-wall and throw it in knowing that it is completely unacceptable. For instance, he allegedly proposed paying for sick days only if a person was hospitalized.

COST NETURAL = EFFORT NETURAL ......

thats all i have to say about the negotiations , i'm going to buy a bunch of the cost netural effort netural stickers and hand them out to my brothers and sisters .