Take It To The Bank

all i have to say is this ... what about the field stations eh ? Yes getting a better contract would be in our best interest in the west , but it would also be in yours , and my point is valid , if we lose we will NOT get a better contract .Besides , you don't know this company like those of us in the west , they will do EVERYTHING possible to keep from paying out actual cash money ...

You have dreams of getting a 20,000 dollar pay check from this company , all i have to say is that it's unrealistic .. While it COULD happen , that's all , it's just a possiblity . We COULD also lose the arbitration , and then we would have even less to bargin with than we do now ... so i say , why not bargin with the strongest hand possible ? Don't you think giving up the arbitaration is worth

A . Securing our field stations from being liquidated
B . increased pay
C . Increased vaction
D . Increased sick days

just say it , i want to hear you say that giving up the arbitration is NOT worth securing our field stations and the jobs of our brothers and sisters .... just tell me that you want your money and your willing to fire your new brothers and sisters , if i'm not mistaken , didn't the east do something like that to their own in the last B/K ?

all i have to say is this ... what about the field stations eh ? Yes getting a better contract would be in our best interest in the west , but it would also be in yours , and my point is valid , if we lose we will NOT get a better contract .Besides , you don't know this company like those of us in the west , they will do EVERYTHING possible to keep from paying out actual cash money ...

You have dreams of getting a 20,000 dollar pay check from this company , all i have to say is that it's unrealistic .. While it COULD happen , that's all , it's just a possiblity . We COULD also lose the arbitration , and then we would have even less to bargin with than we do now ... so i say , why not bargin with the strongest hand possible ? Don't you think giving up the arbitaration is worth

B . increased pay
C . Increased vaction
D . Increased sick days
just say it , i want to hear you say that giving up the arbitration is NOT worth securing our field stations and the jobs of our brothers and sisters .... just tell me that you want your money and your willing to fire your new brothers and sisters , if i'm not mistaken , didn't the east do something like that to their own in the last B/K ?

Freedom, like I said, it is fair to give up the arbitration if it can be cashed in for a fair and equitable contract. Perhaps fairness can be spread about. I can picture what it would look like.
Nonetheless, the field stations have value for sure but no more value than the east sider field stations that were contracted out with the last contract.

Management does what management does, and it is asinine and bizarre to suggest that IAM "east" members are in effect firing IAM 'west' members because they believe in justice and are standing firm on a grievance to help resolve an injust violation. To suggest otherwise is to issue profanities against a fair grievance procedure.
In fact, in all due respect, such a statement is usually associated with management babbling. Unions fight for grievance procedures above all else because in such procedures justice stands a better chance of being found. Never can there be anything profane if the IAM intends to pursue the arbitration award. If justice can be found outside arbitration then great, otherwise the arbitration should move forward.

regards,

As of today-24 may- the company AWA, and the union IAM 142, are light years away from anything meaningful in negotiations, we are told to stay strong in solditarity, and yet our "negotiators" continue to do NOTHING, except to draw there $100,00.00 paychecks and pass on sporadic and BS information....yes AWA ias really the managing company, call it USAir, buts it still AWA, everyday....

As of today-24 may- the company AWA, and the union IAM 142, are light years away from anything meaningful in negotiations, we are told to stay strong in solditarity, and yet our "negotiators" continue to do NOTHING, except to draw there $100,00.00 paychecks and pass on sporadic and BS information....yes AWA ias really the managing company, call it USAir, buts it still AWA, everyday....
IAM dictionary:
E
Expeditiously
1. 4 months or more. Example: The IAM [I'll ask Management] will move expeditiously on the grievance.

2. BS. A stall tactic used by the IAM when it doesn't know what to do.

3. A word used by the IAM in its publications and magazines that is big on talk but small on action.

4. A quick process in delivering IAM Boss check$ in a quick and rushlike fashion.

I've heard of other definitions in the IAM dictionary but that's all I can remember.

regards,

well to be honest i just wanted to paint charlie tuna into a corner and try and force him to say one thing or another , you know , make a black and white situation , he would have either have had to say screw the field stations i want my money , or he would have had to take a postion closer to my own views on doing what ever is necessary to protect the field stations , hence trading away the arbitration ... Either way it would have been gratifying for me because if he had gone with option A i could have painted him out to be the bad guy , and if he had taken option B i could have claimed victory ...

I understand where the east is coming from , heck if i had money that i thought might be coming to me , i'd be out on the street corner screaming for the iam to not trade in the arbitration award for a new contract ....

But the east needs to understand where the west is at right now .... we are at the end of our rope , if we don't get put up to the new wages SOON and i mean in another 30 or 40 days , most of us will have had it , and by that time i will be praying that the east win the award so that this company gets screwed over and goes out of bussiness .

B . increased pay
C . Increased vaction
D . Increased sick days

Anything is a possible. What if the arbitration is won? Talk about bargaining with the STRONGEST possible hand to get the BEST possible contract. You don't know exactly how much worse the contract will be if the arbitration is lost but you know for a fact that Parker has said many times the company feels the change-of-control is virtually worthless in the eyes of the company.

Do you feel you have the right to bargain away someone elses rights for YOUR gain? Admit it. What is a dream? The decision is out of the companies hand. Any award including backpay and damages is in the hands arbitrator and is binding.

LOL You really have no clue how much the east knows how the company can and will use any means possible to steal money from the employees. Hell use the B/K's, you brought up, as an example

And what is wrong with wanting what is due you and not giving it up to someone that wants to lay a guilt trip on you saying brothers and sisters jobs hinge ONLY on you giving up what is yours.

hehe you know whats funny , read what i wrote before you posted , talk about timining huh ?

See the way i look at it is like this , if we won the arbitration , why would we then bother to negoatite it away ? All of the east workers would demand their checks , the IAM would be forced to comply , because there's no way in hell they could get away with negoatiting away the workers back pay , they would get lynched if they tired to do that .

But like i said , i care less and less each mintute that passes , if you win then we in the west will win as well , because it will screw over this company ...

well to be honest i just wanted to paint charlie tuna into a corner and try and force him to say one thing or another , you know , make a black and white situation , he would have either have had to say screw the field stations i want my money , or he would have had to take a postion closer to my own views on doing what ever is necessary to protect the field stations , hence trading away the arbitration ... Either way it would have been gratifying for me because if he had gone with option A i could have painted him out to be the bad guy , and if he had taken option B i could have claimed victory ...

I understand where the east is coming from , heck if i had money that i thought might be coming to me , i'd be out on the street corner screaming for the iam to not trade in the arbitration award for a new contract ....

But the east needs to understand where the west is at right now .... we are at the end of our rope , if we don't get put up to the new wages SOON and i mean in another 30 or 40 days , most of us will have had it , and by that time i will be praying that the east win the award so that this company gets screwed over and goes out of bussiness .

I knew what your agenda was and is and am glad to see you have the guts to admit it. Now don't be a hypocrite. Gosh your threats are as hollow and shallow as the East Pilots.

hehe you know whats funny , read what i wrote before you posted , talk about timining huh ?

See the way i look at it is like this , if we won the arbitration , why would we then bother to negoatite it away ? All of the east workers would demand their checks , the IAM would be forced to comply , because there's no way in hell they could get away with negoatiting away the workers back pay , they would get lynched if they tired to do that .

But like i said , i care less and less each mintute that passes , if you win then we in the west will win as well , because it will screw over this company ...
See how you show your ignorance? It isn't all about backpay which seems to be your big pet peeve. It about future pay AND yes even the Wests. Think man think

yeah i'm a hypocrite , i freely admit it .... but my threats on wanting to see this company liquidated unless we in the west are shown some respect are NOT hollow .... they are so not hollow .... just ask many of my fellow co workers .... and i'm not threating you my fellow iam brother , this really has little to do with your arbitration case and more to do with the company ...... i make such low wages that i can easily sit back and smile while this company goes down in flames , you know , that whole sit back and enjoy the ride kinda mentality , and i'm not the only one out here who shares this thinking ...

we were TWU , we were suppose to have had a new contract by now ... where is it ???? huh ??? come on company ??? what are you doing for us??? you think the east is bad??? you think THEY give the company a bad rep... just you wait and see what the WEST CAN DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also to the company , man you guys sure know how to burn bridges !!! because the one we are standing on is engulfed .

yeah i'm a hypocrite , i freely admit it .... but my threats on wanting to see this company liquidated unless we in the west are shown some respect are NOT hollow .... they are so not hollow .... just ask many of my fellow co workers .... and i'm not threating you my fellow iam brother , this really has little to do with your arbitration case and more to do with the company ...... i make such low wages that i can easily sit back and smile while this company goes down in flames , you know , that whole sit back and enjoy the ride kinda mentality , and i'm not the only one out here who shares this thinking ...
we were TWU , we were suppose to have had a new contract by now ... where is it ???? huh ??? come on company ??? what are you doing for us??? you think the east is bad??? you think THEY give the company a bad rep... just you wait and see what the WEST CAN DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also to the company , man you guys sure know how to burn bridges !!! because the one we are standing on is engulfed .

If you are so miserable why do you work at US Airways? Go back to school and make something of yourself. You don't need to resort to your silly threats and revenge on a internet message board. It sounds like it is eating away at you. It isn't healthy.

BS .,.end of your rope? LOL...what are you going to do? There isnt 1 group of labor, much less 1 station group that will stick together long enough to make any kind of a statement that might be seen as an action.....we (east) did prior too strike in '92, all the way out, if only for a week, and won a labor leading concessionary contract...still losing 15 yrs later...I for 1 would love to see labor get together on something and bring this compamy to its knees, but on the other hand,,,,,,I'm a realist and know NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

freedom,

AW and US survival was purchased, in large part, by outsourcing 30 east field stations in 2005 (while US was in BK and playing footsies with AW).

IAM fleet is the ONLY represented group on the property that had its recall language changed so that if an agent accepts recall after 90 days, they go to the bottom of the seniority list.

Since you favor protecting field stations, would you agree restoring east field stations and fleet recall language must be part of the deal?

Or do you want to throw those agents under the bus (again)?

If so, then are you willing for west field stations to live under the 2005 contractual language regarding furlough?

freedom,

AW and US survival was purchased, in large part, by outsourcing 30 east field stations in 2005 (while US was in BK and playing footsies with AW).

IAM fleet is the ONLY represented group on the property that had its recall language changed so that if an agent accepts recall after 90 days, they go to the bottom of the seniority list.

Since you favor protecting field stations, would you agree restoring east field stations and fleet recall language must be part of the deal?

If so, then are you willing for west field stations to live under the 2005 contractual language regarding furlough?

Eagerly awaiting the answer....but he already admitted he was a hypocrite. So I guess we know the answer

To answer both of you ... why am i still here ? because i am ,and yes when i think about it , it DOES eat away at me , thats why i have ANOTHER JOB ... but just because i have another job , DOESN'T mean i'm going to let this company get away with screwing me over ...this is nothing short of either justice for me and my people or REVENGE for us ....

To the second poster , you think we lack solitdarity out here in the west ???? HAHAHAH ah man , just WAIT till we have the oppurtinity to strike !!! no really , just wait , because i know i CAN'T wait .... really , we make so little out here it's not going to hurt me all that much to take some time off from the job i hate .... i mean it's mind boggling to anyone who thinks we won't strike given the chance , why WOULDN'T we strike ? almost any of the AWA workers can easily get another job and make about the same take home while on strike ...

Like i said before , my threats are NOT hollow , i may be a hypocrite , but i'm an honest one , and i'm telling you truly .. we are not going to just lay down anymore ... If i leave this company , its going to be because there ISN'T a company left , get it ?

freedom,

This one is VERY simple to answer , let me make sure i have this right , so your asking me if i want the 25 oursourced field stations back ? let me think about that for a second HELL YES!!!!!!!!!

alright and you asked me if i agree with the recall language ? well considering i know some of the guys here in PHX who were once furlouged and are now back at work and i've had a chance to talk to them , i agree that the 90 day thing is BULLSHIT .... i can be honest , and it doesn't bother me to tell you that some guy who had worked at us air for 15 years and got furlouged SHOULDN'T be at the bottom of the senority list ... Senority is senority and it should go by date of hire .... i don't think there's any question of that in the IAM . i think the question we should be asking is who put that stupid provision in the contract about going to the bottom of the list ?

Latest posts