Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although silent over the past couple days, I have been very observant of the multitude of posts. Regarding this T.A. agreement, there seems to be a wealth of information, misinformation, and, sometimes, too much information. Some issues are crystal clear while others seem to be left in gray areas for one to interpret as they perceive it. I find it interesting that the Negotiating Committee has done little to properly disperse any beneficial information, which I find quite suspicious. Meanwhile, the Company and IAM, neither of which I find very trustworthy, are quite gung-ho about this T.A.

To me, it comes down to whose lies are more believable! Depending upon where you stand with the company and where you are geographically, you are damned if you vote yes, and damned if you vote no!!! It becomes a choice of voting for the lessor of two evils.

Good Luck fellow Fleet Service Agents....................

Just curious but what agreement is this from? It doesnt look familiar to me so help me here.

It's from the 2003 pay parity that is refered to by Joe Dirt adressed to Lith about the CIC. sorry I thought it was you Fuzz

It's from the 2003 pay parity that is refered to by Joe Dirt adressed to Lith about the CIC. sorry I thought it was you Fuzz
Ok thats what I thought and sorry but I dont see how this has anything to do with us now.
Our current agreement is from 2005 which means we have to look at where we are based on that agreement.
IMHO

Ok thats what I thought and sorry but I dont see how this has anything to do with us now.
Our current agreement is from 2005 which means we have to look at where we are based on that agreement.
IMHO

The COC is in the 2005 agreement. It directly reflects the "pay parity" language if we merge with another air carrier. Its called a snapback I believe. Read the Joe Dirt post 2 pages back.

I would like to issue a challenge to everyone on this board.

Reach out to your brothers and sisters. Send a few PMs. Those on the east make contact with someone in the west. Those in the west do

the same with someone in the east. Class I stations contact someone in a Class II. and so on. Tell each other how you feel through PMs.

I think you will find we all have a lot more in common than we realize. Lets face it we wouldn't be here if we didn't care about our future.

There are also a large number of people who come here and read these post. I encourage you to get yourself an ID and participate in this

forum.

I spoke to some friends of mine who work for NW on the ramp
and they are very concerned about thier jobs. Most have between
12-15 years and they told me they had no protection in the event of
a merge or takeover. They never have been big fans of the local
or IAM in general and are having a hard time getting answers from
Canale. I wish them the best.
bob

***Orioleman........in the words of Jimmy Cagney in ''Angels with Dirty Faces''
''Look Ma, Top of the World.'' :)'

I ask all my brothers if they were on a trial for their lives would they want one lawyer.
I made this comment 14 years ago. When we were deciding between IAM and Steel workers, where are the cleaners? The union is all about its name the International Association of Machinists that is not us.
It is time to not be a pawn for the Machinists and get our own voice. Are we next on the chopping block? The Cleaners had a union nothing could happen to them.

The time for me to be silent has now past.

I hear the argument that M & (Used to be) R gave up so much more than Fleet did in the last round of contracts. In actuality, Utility gave the most as they gave EVERYTHING for the vast majority of the memebers. I am not even sure there are still any Utility left in the company. Yes, the mechanics gave a lot, but they did not give up the ultimate. I commend the Mechanics for their contract. Is it perfect, no.
:ph34r:

Once again:

How many times do I have to explain this, there was less than 900 utility on the property, M&R gave up over $200 million in concessions.

Elimination of 850 Utility only saved the company $28,080,000 in wages, show me where the other $200+ milion came from?

More mechanics were laidoff then Utility in the final offer CBA with the closing of the shops.

And there are still 50 Utility on the property.

Please educate yourself on what really happened.

First off, I'm getting real sick and tired of people saying "The West employees are voting this TA down". This far from correct. I know many who are voting no, including mytself. I've also heard from a few Class 2 people that are also voting it down. Saying this like this is WRONG and INCORRECT!

No, Tim, I have a few "issues" with your TA comparison:

What West premiums aren’t in the East CBA? The TA comparison says they won't carry over, but what are they? I'm aware of none, which would eliminate the purpose of this change.

There was no change to Holidays in the September TA. That TA was as the CBA was written. The proposal from MArch did have 10 though.

On an issue not related to the TAs, you've said that Wewst employees will not be vested in the pension. West employees in LAS were told by the IAMNPF that we WERE vested once we had 5 years in ANY on property retirement plan. They also distinguished that West employees would be vested before East due to the West 401k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts