US IAM Fleet Service topic 3Aug-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Veteran
May 5, 2007
Watching your posts.
Visit site
In light of the other thread starting to go the wrong way between 2 posters I'm closing it & here is the new thread. This thread is about US Fleet Services issues ONLY. It is NOT about each other. No personal attacks or comments as they are going to get the whole post deleted & most likely a vacation to the poster. Thanks in advance.

US Airways

August 4, 2009— District representatives met with US airways management to discuss several pressing issues.

The number of grievances filed as a result of the company-imposed Attendance Control Policy (Point System) is alarming. We have agreed that cases involving the same or similar issues with this policy can be heard as a single grievance in Arbitration. This will speed up resolution of these issues and not require individual cases to be heard.

District 141 and the company talked about ways we could more efficiently address Members’ complaints and grievances and reduce the number of cases that are waiting to be schedule in Arbitration. We will continue to look for different options that will resolve grievances sooner and allow grievances that must be heard by an arbitrator to get there faster.

We also talked about the recent company announcement regarding stations closings. We notified the company of our concern that the protective language of our contract was being violated and that we intended to pursue cases of merit regarding these stations – especially AUS, BUR, ELP, OMA, and MKE. We also wanted to make sure that those affected employees have full use of their seniority when making decisions for themselves and their families to fill vacancies in other stations.

Finally, we talked about the need to have improved and continuing communication between the Union and the company. More in person conversations between the parties on a regular basis is the best place to start.
Outsourcing violates contract

Rich Delaney, July 23, 2009 — US Airways announced last week their intention to contract out the Fleet Service work in 8 stations across the system.

AUS, ELP, OMA, MKE, BUR, ICT, LGB, and COS will be turned over to a vendor in the fall.

District 141 Representatives will meet with the company this week to discuss this situation and to present our position that the company is violating our Agreement by contracting out stations that should be protected under current language.
us airways contract

The current contract will be posted to this web site after a review process by district AGC's.

The review is taking place now. The review has identified unacceptable errors in the printed version of the US Airways contract. A complete list of errors, and proposed remedy has been formally submitted to US Airways, E. Allen Hemenway, Vice President Labor Relations.

If you have immediate questions about your US Airways contract, contact a Shop Steward at your location. If you are unable to do so, and know the name of your Assistant General Chair, contact the AGC. If you need direction to an AGC, contact Barb Demes in the district office with your name, airline, location, and best way to contact you. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. (Central) until 4:00 p.m.

Use the menus below if you need to see past date “LOU’s†–Letters Of Understanding– between District 141 and US Airways. The lower menu has past date district updates.

Charlotte management is at it again. Word on the street is that the Charlotte committee guys are being put back on the ramp 2 days per week(Mo & Tu.) eff. this coming Monday. Another way management is attempting to keep you from being represented.

Charlotte management is at it again. Word on the street is that the Charlotte committee guys are being put back on the ramp 2 days per week(Mo & Tu.) eff. this coming Monday. Another way management is attempting to keep you from being represented.

that is a fact two are on the ramp today, I am curious how this is handled in other hub stations?

CLT was lucky to get the Committee off the ramp for grievance work several years back, then the company started playing games, remember how long it took them to get Fleet's Grievance Committee an office?

The Committee just has to keep filing requests for grievance work and keep jamming the company and when they deny it threaten them with charges with the DOL and NMB for not letting them have time for grievance work.

Kinda funny that the CBA review process has been finished for 7 months now and the contract still isn't posted.

Kinda funny that the CBA review process has been finished for 7 months now and the contract still isn't posted.

It's kind of easy to figure out.....Take the list of CBA differences listed on the IAM.ORG website and go thru the Articles that the company didn't print right or changed! It's all being grieved at this point and I suspect the union will demand a reprint once all is said and done.

that is a fact two are on the ramp today, I am curious how this is handled in other hub stations?

I believe that in PHX all committee members and shop stewards work their ramp shifts as scheduled. I see them doing paperwork on their down time and if they have union business to attend to their work gets covered. Maybe one of those gents that lurk here could confirm this.

Also I understand that the union was supposed to get an on-site office with a comp adjacent the B-side break room but I don't know if this ever happened...

It's kind of easy to figure out.....

It is easy to figure out, but that's not the point. If you say you're going to do something, you need to do it. There's also the fact that many people (at least here in LAS) don't have contracts, but that IS more their fault then the Unions.

Here is a good one... When ESON's became a tool for mgmt. to "remind" FSA's of improper/unsafe work habits, it was originally rolled out as non-disciplinary. I just saw a memo of how ESON's are to be used as disciplinary tools in accordance with performance "levels" and how recurring ESON's will result in progressive "level 1, level 2, level 3." Sounds like more grievances against the company will arise from this. Just like the attendance policy, it seems the company is arbitrarily dictating tweaks in the disciplinary implements without justification or agreement/LOU's.

Again? Or still? I remember rampers (dunno if they were leads) getting busted manipulating Workbrain items about a year or so ago in PHL.

US Airways

August 4, 2009— District representatives met with US airways management to discuss several pressing issues.

The number of grievances filed as a result of the company-imposed Attendance Control Policy (Point System) is alarming. We have agreed that cases involving the same or similar issues with this policy can be heard as a single grievance in Arbitration. This will speed up resolution of these issues and not require individual cases to be heard.
Glad SOMEONE is trying to do something about the ACP. The silence from the CWA has been deafening.

Seeing that the G/C is always putting themselves in front of management on behave of the membership

would be nice to see the MEMBERSHIP stand together for once to the company. But then again we talking

about CLT. Everyone is quick to b*tch about something but won't do anything other than that to resolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.