Flight Attendant furlough (EAST)

OK---I know this says furlough for the East side but I want to ask any Westies that read this. What's your take on your new MECP Lisa Lacarre on that side. I just read her e-line where she states:

'AFA would like to acknowledge the cooperation and dedication of US Airways Director of Labor Relations, Cindi Simone, who, through patience and professionally acumen, kept AFA updated on VLOA results, answered a multitude of questions and provided information during the past two weeks.'

Why would she suck up to management in an e-line like that? Just curious.
Our Union 66 has always had a great relationship with Inflight and the Company over the years. The new leadership has had a hard time adjusting to the change, because there was a lack of communication and training on the old team's part for some unknown reason or other??? :rolleyes: I don't know the logistics, reason, validness, etc. But nothing was clear!!
They are back on track, and I think they will do a fantastic job! We haven't seen a substantial amount of fa's sign up for the VOLA leaves. I would guess 100 or less.

Our Union 66 has always had a great relationship with Inflight and the Company over the years. The new leadership has had a hard time adjusting to the change, because there was a lack of communication and training on the old team's part for some unknown reason or other??? :rolleyes: I don't know the logistics, reason, validness, etc. But nothing was clear!!
They are back on track, and I think they will do a fantastic job! We haven't seen a substantial amount of fa's sign up for the VOLA leaves. I would guess 100 or less.

That's part of the problem with 66. Their "too close" relationship with management and it goes against the FAs. Many keep forgetting that the Union WORKS FOR THE FAs not the other way around!! :shock:

And many can't sign up for the VOLA leaves out west, because they can't afford it!

They are back on track, and I think they will do a fantastic job!

Nothing is clear in these comments either.

The new leadership has had a hard time adjusting to what change? They are new, all of 19 days in office.

The old team did not compose the most recent written communications so they are not a factor in this at all.

The new leadership needed to get started on the right track so they didn't derail and have to get back on track, in 19 days.

Look. it is Ok to acknowledge good work, be it the flight attendants or management, but our present uneasiness is that first letter dissed some F/A's who work with management and then next one gushes over some one in management using grammatically painful prose.

So we are uneasy. The first impression is of more ambition and impulsiveness than balanced and mature thought.

Results were supposed to be posted by 1800.

Still waiting... waiting__waiting.gif

Results were supposed to be posted by 1800.

Still waiting...View attachment 7751

Typical.

Results will be posted no later than July 21st at Noon said the VF Form.

Of course everyone is waiting to see if they were fortunate enough to hold it. Let's go already! If someone gets the information please post here, I've been checking the hub all day... still waiting here also.

Typical.

Results will be posted no later than July 21st at Noon said the VF Form.

Of course everyone is waiting to see if they were fortunate enough to hold it. Let's go already! If someone gets the information please post here, I've been checking the hub all day... still waiting here also.
I'm exhausted from clicking back and forth between the hub, Catcrew, and AFA.

I called inflight at 0900 this morning and the secretary said that it should be posted by 1800 everywhere.

What's the hold-up? They already know the results. I can only think that they are trying to figure out the displacement numbers and locations before posting.

While I can't defend the grammatical errors in the most recent AFA66 hotline, I think people should cut the new MEC just a little slack. They have only been in office since July 1st and a week of that was spent at BOD. They are trying very hard to get up to speed on EVERYTHING. That means the whole gamut, from the monthly bills to negotiations. When the old MEC lost the election ALL cooperation ceased. They provided the new people with ABSOLUTELY ZERO TRANSITION. They simply packed up on June 30th and left the keys on the desk. Ask Mike Flores how up to speed they are, he'll tell you they aren't. Sad thing is the members suffer when elected representatives behave this way. So, I think Ms. Lecarre's most recent hotline was an attempt to sent the tone for a not so acrimonious relationship with management. This is somewhat important since it APPEARS that even though the VLOA's on the west were undersubscribed that we won't be seeing any INVOL. furloughs. It's not a bad thing to "thank" someone when folks aren't going to be laid off, don't ya think?

Maybe it's just me but I didn't read the hotline regarding the Focus groups and A La Carte as a slam to those working in the groups, but instead management's notion that if they hold Focus groups that doesn't mean they have fulfilled their contractual obligation to notify the union of changes. :unsure: