Flight Attendant Threatened with Termination for Parody

It's all about perception. The original prohibition was the thought that employees were bound to congregate (just as co-workers from other companies are prone to do today in the clubs), and paying customers overhearing the conversation wouldn't know they were on paying tickets.

I didn't know that day passes were an option to employees, and that does muddy the water quite a bit. As crowded as the clubs lounges can be at times, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a cut-off on the number of day passes they'll sell, but a full member can't be denied access.

Reactions: 1 person
It's all about perception. The original prohibition was the thought that employees were bound to congregate (just as co-workers from other companies are prone to do today in the clubs), and paying customers overhearing the conversation wouldn't know they were on paying tickets.

I didn't know that day passes were an option to employees, and that does muddy the water quite a bit. As crowded as the clubs lounges can be at times, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a cut-off on the number of day passes they'll sell, but a full member can't be denied access.

According to this letterGailen David posted employees may receive access from one day passes but no memberships.

I assume senior management or the executives with pass privileges as part of their retirement package are permitted access. Interesting Mr. David has never called out union officials receive confirmed, positive space pass privileges.

Josh

What I do have a problem with people who think they're above the law when it comes to following Regs...
I guess it's fair to say, "I have a problem with companies like AA that fail to honor labor agreements, and pension contribution obligations".

Reactions: 1 person
A folk hero?? More like a lazy bum who deserved to be FIRED. I cannot believe he has not worked in YEARS and yet had all kinds of time and energy to be on Facebook all the time. He is right up there with the Jetblue idiot who popped the slide and ran out with a beer in his hand.