Flight Attendant's Authorize Strike!

OK, but I still don't understand how the threat of random strikes is supposed to HELP U's revenue picture. Or is this just a ploy to hasten the end of the airline, and put everyone out of their (apparent) misery?

Biztraveller29:

Your point is well taken. The AFA press release will cause customers to book on other airlines and US Airways to lose more revenue.

With the loss of revenue deeper cost cuts will be necessary to make the POR work. Thus, the company could argue that any union who publicly discusses a strike is hurting revenue and thus should take deepr cuts to offset the revenue loss.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

good luck to all of you and support from those of us at ual about to go through the same fire, and soon... someone had to stand up at some point

biztraveller29 said:
OK, but I still don't understand how the threat of random strikes is supposed to HELP U's revenue picture. Or is this just a ploy to hasten the end of the airline, and put everyone out of their (apparent) misery?
[post="228729"][/post]​

You got it!

So in order to protest low pay and poor working conditions, potential strikers are basically begging for NO pay and NO working conditions? The airline business seems to be a true "Into the Looking Glass" world.

Good luck in accomplishing your goal, whatever that may be.

biztraveller29 said:
[post="228729"][/post]​

Your exactly right. If you were paying for a family vacation and USAiways was the airline for the package, If you heard all the strike talk would you not be worried and even pay a little more to book another airline as insurance ? I talked to a DSO Sales manger friend whom commutes out of LGA and she said the agencys call 3,4,5 times a day when they get wind of even the most unfounded rumor ! She is not having an easy time getting agencies to commit due to all the negative rumors, news and talk! So good job CWA, keep up the strike talk and drive em away in DROVES!

Both the CWA and the AFA have contributed to passengers "booking away" from the airline and this will likely be used against them in court, if necessary.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I think that if the company had seriously sat down with CWA and AFA a long time ago (I know the flyboys contract was more important) and hadnt issued THEIR OWN LIQUIDATION threat, there would have been NO talk of a strike vote from anyone. It seems though that the current management team only understands doing business one way and since they like to throw the L word around, whats it matter if the S word is out there? Kind of like the little kid that hears mom and dad use the F word and thinks its ok and acceptable?

USA320Pilot said:
Biztraveller29:

Your point is well taken. The AFA press release will cause customers to book on other airlines and US Airways to lose more revenue.

With all the talk of liquidation in mid-January, do you not agree that this drives passengers away? What is the difference? Would you not agree that each time Bronner & Co mention liquidation more and more customers book away?

USA320Pilot said:
Both the CWA and the AFA have contributed to passengers "booking away" from the airline and this will likely be used against them in court, if necessary.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="228753"][/post]​

Proof please? And how can you differentiate the booking away by CWA/AFA strike votes vs the companys CEO CONSTANT liquidation threats? What percentage is accountable to what groups?

USA320Pilot said:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="228753"][/post]​

As did the pilots and that infamous scuffle. But we are talking about today, and today is all about the AFA.

Too bad that the company has treated it's employees so poorly that many wish to witness it's demise.

Both the CWA and the AFA have contributed to passengers "booking away" from the airline and this will likely be used against them in court, if necessary

Well, I know it will hurt 320's and fliboi's feelings since I am gonna diss management.....but I would say the PRIMARY reason I recently booked away is that it galls me to see management treat employees and customers the way yours do.

As mentioned in another post I recently had to go to Burlington, VT. Most of the connections that came up in our travel office's CRS had U in there someplace. For many reasons, I elected to fly into Albany and drive.

Did I really want to fight the Adirondacks and the ferry and 40 mph speed limit 2 lane blacktops in the snow? No, not really. Although I was lucky, the wx wasn;t too bad, and it was some different scenerey.

Your management has threatened liquidation...what do you think THAT does to bookings? Nope, it's much more convenient to blame employees for all the world's ills.

But the bottom line was I'll be damned if I contribute any revenue to a company that craps on its employees and customers the way this one does. Thanks, but I will join the huddled masses on WalMart of the skies.

You don't think USAirways craps on customers? What would you call X-fares (X for Ex-tortion...those are the opposite of go-fares...and Seth just hasn't gotten around to advertising them yet.) They exist in most markets without LCC competition. And slashing the number of employees hasn;t done marvelous things for customer service, either.

Some of us don't like discovering we are on board a "jungle jet" being operated as USAirwaysExpress by Mesa dba Name-on-request airways, ltd. (it's limited all right)

Even Helen Keller could see what this company has done to employees. Sheesh.

So have a nice evening, everyone, and remember....please remain seated, with your seat belt securely fastened, until the aircraft has come to a complete stop at the gate and the light burns out in the fasten seat belt sign......since with no gate agents left, it's gonna be a tough time to get someone to roll the jetway up.

Chaos is the dumbest concept imaginable. It's like strike lite at full price dues. Yes, let's most inconvience the paying passengers without commitment to your reason or cause... So then they just think its just more, dumb, lazy antics of an airline. Either strike or don't.

Back