Flight Attendents

I’ll take that as a yes
Can I board early?
Again I'm still trying to understand your linking my participating in possible CHAOS to a flight attendant upset about pay treating passenges in a rude fashion day in and day out? I'll wait for your explanation with breathless antici............pation. :rolleyes: And here I thought I wasn't thinking clearly on headcold medication. :blink:

"Remember you work for the customers, you are there for their safety and service."
actually we are required by the Feds. 1 F/A per 50 people. If the requirement were not there you would find vending machines where there are galleys

Gabby--
"And why does it take 35 min for you to answer the f/a call button?"
--Perhaps it could not be heard...some aircraft have faint sounding bell systems.

"..Then another 15 to get the cup of coffee.."
--because other customers who did not ring their call button will stop you in the aisle for . their requests
"..then another 15 for the cream?"
--probably because you only asked for COFFEE and failed to say what you wanted with it!

Again I'm still trying to understand your linking my participating in possible CHAOS to a flight attendant upset about pay treating passenges in a rude fashion day in and day out? I'll wait for your explanation with breathless antici............pation. :rolleyes: And here I thought I wasn't thinking clearly on headcold medication. :blink:
very easy to be high and mighty behind a computer ...Some "one" does not always give 100% their entire career. I sugest "one" should not down their fellow co-workers on a public forum and not give lessons on how to be, act, commute ect. ect.

very easy to be high and mighty behind a computer ...Some "one" does not always give 100% their entire career. I sugest "one" should not down their fellow co-workers on a public forum and not give lessons on how to be, act, commute ect. ect.
[/quote

High and mighty? You are an absolute joke. As for downing fellow co-workers on a public forum I guess it's better than treating a customer like a piece of garbage IN PERSON. Keep em comin' and protect the bad apples. :rolleyes: NEXT IN LINE PLEASE! ! ! !

Gabby--
"And why does it take 35 min for you to answer the f/a call button?"
--Perhaps it could not be heard...some aircraft have faint sounding bell systems.

"..Then another 15 to get the cup of coffee.."
--because other customers who did not ring their call button will stop you in the aisle for . their requests
"..then another 15 for the cream?"
--probably because you only asked for COFFEE and failed to say what you wanted with it!

Why is it always the customer that is wrong?
I pushed the buzzer and waited patiently. 35 min worth.
When the flight attendant asked what i would like i said. "A coffee please, with one cream and one sugar." Like i always have it.
Then she came back later with the coffee, but no cream. Is that my fault that the crabby old lady can't remember a single item?
And why is it that you would assume the customer is wrong? When i asked for some water later another f/a forgot and AGAIN it was my fault. WTF?
The problem i can see is that these people have been doing this job far too long. A f/a was never meant to be a career. So please do the company and the customers a favor and move on when you start to hate the job.

Why is it always the customer that is wrong?
I pushed the buzzer and waited patiently. 35 min worth.
When the flight attendant asked what i would like i said. "A coffee please, with one cream and one sugar." Like i always have it.
Then she came back later with the coffee, but no cream. Is that my fault that the crabby old lady can't remember a single item?
And why is it that you would assume the customer is wrong? When i asked for some water later another f/a forgot and AGAIN it was my fault. WTF?
The problem i can see is that these people have been doing this job far too long. A f/a was never meant to be a career. So please do the company and the customers a favor and move on when you start to hate the job.

Lord..lord..lord. I will try to be nice.

My first impression when you first posted was.....this is bogus. I still think so.

And how dare you make the stupid assumption that this isn't a career. We are not waitresses, missy.

So please, do the hard working employees of this company a favor and fly Delta.

And how dare you make the stupid assumption that this isn't a career. We are not waitresses, missy.

No, your right, the crew i was dealt with couldn't get a job at the waffle house waitressing.
Your job is to be nice to the customers and smile so they come back again. This crew failed.
More of this and you won't have a job to go to.

I stayed away from this thread because I thought it might turn into a trouble thread, but let me add a story to show how things can occur that the customers don't really know about and can cause crew distraction and service issues.

I was working a FLL - PHX flight. During climb out we had a 19 year old acting strangely. We kept a loose eye on her and started service. During the service we started smelling smoke from the aft of the aircraft and I left the aisle and went back there. There was smoke in the lav and it was marijuana smoke. We went through our procedures for smoking in the lav (ie-trying to find the butt, etrc.) and were directed to who had been in there, the same gal that had been acting weirdly. Well, this started us having to do a lot of things and service was less than stellar, but not because we didn't care, but because we had things that had to be done plus the fact that her behavior, signs and symptoms had raised medical questions.

About this time we were approaching Texas and the captain called to tell us we would be sitting the last 1:15 of the flight due to turbulence. We cleaned the cabin and got in our jumpseats for the long sit. During all of this an elderly couple had rang their call button and wanted napkins. America West had, for whatever reason, run out of napkins via their supply channels and I got them one or two paper towels. They weren't happy, but I had done what I had been able to and went back to my jumpseat.

We had made arrangements for paramedics and police to meet us in PHX because of the issues with the young lady. She was due to make a connection and we could not let her continue without evaluation. We had extra paperwork to do and medics/police to deal with.

Four weeks later I get called into my supervisors office and she hands me a complaint letter. I recognize the flight number/date immediately. I tell her the story and tell her that all the documentation she could ever want is already filed and available to her. She goes and finds it, reads all of it and says in an intended parting line "OK, but in the future try and be more attuned to customers." I stop and ask her what do you really mean there. She said look, I have to say something even though you provided a full and complete explanation...yada yada yada

My point to the OP is that generalizations about crew behavior, based only on your observations, could be incorrect. You should simply have discussed it with the crew and/or sent a letter to customer relations and let them figure it out. Griping about it here doesn't address the problem, if there was one, and is not productive for anyone.

I stayed away from this thread because I thought it might turn into a trouble thread, but let me add a story to show how things can occur that the customers don't really know about and can cause crew distraction and service issues.

I was working a FLL - PHX flight. During climb out we had a 19 year old acting strangely. We kept a loose eye on her and started service. During the service we started smelling smoke from the aft of the aircraft and I left the aisle and went back there. There was smoke in the lav and it was marijuana smoke. We went through our procedures for smoking in the lav (ie-trying to find the butt, etrc.) and were directed to who had been in there, the same gal that had been acting weirdly. Well, this started us having to do a lot of things and service was less than stellar, but not because we didn't care, but because we had things that had to be done plus the fact that her behavior, signs and symptoms had raised medical questions.

About this time we were approaching Texas and the captain called to tell us we would be sitting the last 1:15 of the flight due to turbulence. We cleaned the cabin and got in our jumpseats for the long sit. During all of this an elderly couple had rang their call button and wanted napkins. America West had, for whatever reason, run out of napkins via their supply channels and I got them one or two paper towels. They weren't happy, but I had done what I had been able to and went back to my jumpseat.

We had made arrangements for paramedics and police to meet us in PHX because of the issues with the young lady. She was due to make a connection and we could not let her continue without evaluation. We had extra paperwork to do and medics/police to deal with.

Four weeks later I get called into my supervisors office and she hands me a complaint letter. I recognize the flight number/date immediately. I tell her the story and tell her that all the documentation she could ever want is already filed and available to her. She goes and finds it, reads all of it and says in an intended parting line "OK, but in the future try and be more attuned to customers." I stop and ask her what do you really mean there. She said look, I have to say something even though you provided a full and complete explanation...yada yada yada

My point to the OP is that generalizations about crew behavior, based only on your observations, could be incorrect. You should simply have discussed it with the crew and/or sent a letter to customer relations and let them figure it out. Griping about it here doesn't address the problem, if there was one, and is not productive for anyone.
well said thank you !!!!!!

No, your right, the crew i was dealt with couldn't get a job at the waffle house waitressing.
Your job is to be nice to the customers and smile so they come back again. This crew failed.
More of this and you won't have a job to go to.
Well, the difference seems clear; the Waffle House employees realize that they make money thru tips and the flight attendant's bottom line does not depend on courtesy and good serive. They get payed anyway.