Flight Cuts

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I heard this from a manager in PHL today , first all management personnell will be given a 10 % paycut.Next the cities with the heaviest flight cuts will be MCO and LAS.PIT will lose all direct service to all Florida cities.This is supposed to be announced at the shareholders meeting this week.We know something is coming the question is where and how much.

The company already screwed the FF, so when the "Kettles" start shopping around and go somewhere else, who else do you have?

The Kettles will simply stop flying in droves. Leisure travelers are almost without exception discretionary travelers. Tempe is about to learn that lesson the hard way, and again everyone but those who made the stupid decisions will suffer the consequences. The employees and stockholders will be left holding the bag while top management takes their millions and run.

Haven't the LAS flight cuts already been announced? The big cut is early September, I believe. Now, I have also heard a rumor that another 20 flights will be cut in LAS, on top of those already announced. These are absolutely crazy times in the aviation industry and I pray for every one involved. :down: Except the execs that are making money hand-over-fist. :angry: just my thoughts...........

Tempe is about to learn that lesson the hard way, and again everyone but those who made the stupid decisions will suffer the consequences. The employees and stockholders will be left holding the bag while top management takes their millions and run.

What are you talking about? Anytime a business leader at US makes a "tough" decision, people cry fowl. Yet, if they had continued to operate PIT as a major hub, you'd be losing more than you are today ... and crying fowl about that.

Also, any VFF worth their salary should know that operating an airline is a business like any other. No VFF would continue operating in a money losing market. If they did, I question their quality as a leader. Continuing the same thing over and over again that fails over and over again is pretty much the definition of insanity.

Well that then is how rumors are, just heard some Techs say that as I walked in this morning. I new you guys would know the deal.