Fll Announcement On Monday At 10:30

WTG......great news. It is nice to see something new coming out of CCY besides the same old message of employee concessions. This should do wonders for us in FL and with the Caribbean / Latin American Population in South FL. Now.....market it, market it, market it!

It is encouraging to see some of the changes that we have heard so much about.

MarkMyWords said:
WTG......great news. It is nice to see something new coming out of CCY besides the same old message of employee concessions. This should do wonders for us in FL and with the Caribbean / Latin American Population in South FL. Now.....market it, market it, market it!

It is encouraging to see some of the changes that we have heard so much about.
[post="171336"][/post]​
Yeah, this is actaulyl quite exciting to be hearing. I think in the next year youll see the addition of service to FLL from BUF/CMH/IND/SDF/MCI/LAX/YYZ/YUL and im really hoping MAN and LGW. UK to Florida traffic is a real biggie. I work MAN-PHL all the time and maybe 60% of the passengers are connecting to FLL and MCO.

It will be interesting to see how the International arrivals at FLL are handled as Customs is in a different Terminal than US ? For example when I flew AA FLL-SDQ in Feb the aircraft and crew arrived from PAP. It arrived at the Terminal where customs is located, then the aircraft was towed to the AA gates (same terminal as US but the other concourse). After the crew cleared customs they made there way over to the AA gate. Keep in mind AA only has flights from CCS,PAP,SDQ, and NAS. This may not be that popular with the connecting passengers. as they will have to walk from one terminal to the other, especially if during a FLL Thunderstorm ! To try and put customs in our terminal could take years if it is even feasible, and I doubt US could move to the other Terminal where customs is located. Perhaps a ramp side bus operation like at C-16 in PHL ? This will limit the size of the FLL operation for sure. I welcome comments from anyone familiar with the FLL operation on this ! LGA777

LGA777 said:
It will be interesting to see how the International arrivals at FLL are handled as Customs is in a different Terminal than US ? For example when I flew AA FLL-SDQ in Feb the aircraft and crew arrived from PAP. It arrived at the Terminal where customs is located, then the aircraft was towed to the AA gates (same terminal as US but the other concourse). After the crew cleared customs they made there way over to the AA gate. Keep in mind AA only has flights from CCS,PAP,SDQ, and NAS. This may not be that popular with the connecting passengers. as they will have to walk from one terminal to the other, especially if during a FLL Thunderstorm ! To try and put customs in our terminal could take years if it is even feasible, and I doubt US could move to the other Terminal where customs is located. Perhaps a ramp side bus operation like at C-16 in PHL ? This will limit the size of the FLL operation for sure. I welcome comments from anyone familiar with the FLL operation on this ! LGA777
[post="171346"][/post]​

This is correct. International arrivals have to go to T4, and then be towed to T3. AA's flights are based solely on O&D and they do not sell connecting tickets (well, they do, but the price is significantly higher than connecting in DFW or MIA). On a side note, since flights to Nassau pre-clear in Nassau, they do not have to arrive in an international gate.

Maybee like how they do it in boston. Lost of carriers unload passengers in different terminals and the move the plane to load the next departure. EI does this in Boston as well.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Jesus,Mary and Joseph! Enough already. Its getting sooooooooo old listening to this. Spare us all your negative BS!
[post="171334"][/post]​

This is my opinion just like the captain has his opinions, or any other poster, so don’t dare tell me anything! You simply have no right in the least telling me what to post. I am not breaking any rules, there are no rulers that say: only post happy feely and fuzzy posts for sensitive eyes only. My opinion is this company will go away, if it doesn’t then I was wrong along with one million other people that follow it.

I suggest you take some happy pills if reading these boards makes you ill or simply put my posts on ignore and go on living in your fantasy world of fuzzy stuff animals floating in a flower garden along the seaside.

In other words…Hit the road pal.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Jesus,Mary and Joseph! Enough already. Its getting sooooooooo old listening to this. Spare us all your negative BS!
[post="171334"][/post]​
:up: :up: :up: Thank Goodness, AMEN>>> SOme of US employess just cant ever see anything good, even when its looking them straight in the eye!!!

cavalier said:
This is my opinion just like the captain has his opinions, or any other poster, so don’t dare tell me anything! You simply have no right in the least telling me what to post. I am not breaking any rules, there are no rulers that say: only post happy feely and fuzzy posts for sensitive eyes only. My opinion is this company will go away, if it doesn’t then I was wrong along with one million other people that follow it.

I suggest you take some happy pills if reading these boards makes you ill or simply put my posts on ignore and go on living in your fantasy world of fuzzy stuff animals floating in a flower garden along the seaside.

In other words…Hit the road pal.
[post="171355"][/post]​
ID LUV to know where ur based/work, and where ur from. That good SIR will tell it all!!!!!! Read between the lines -- two guesses where ur from... :down:

NAPAUS said:
:up: :up: :up: Thank Goodness, AMEN>>> SOme of US employess just cant ever see anything good, even when its looking them straight in the eye!!!
[post="171364"][/post]​

List them smart A-Z-Z...LIST THE POINTS

List all the positive points that clearly shows U has a bright and firm future, a place where employees can enjoy a long and bright future. Put on your happy face and explain to me and everyone why thinking U is doomed is illogical.

Come on smart fellow make me look the fool, here I am, I’m calling you out.

I take it that about everybody that is all "excited" are crew members, with the hopes of keeping mainlilne jobs and flying to these places. The reality of it is, everybody in my station (and many other too) are still going to still be facing Mainline Express. If we make it to retirement, will this change things, or are they still going to cut benefits, etc? So....Whoope-e-e-e to the good news. Think I'm negative too? I think I'm a realist. :( I find it hard to get "excited."

cavalier said:
List them smart A-Z-Z...LIST THE POINTS

List all the positive points that clearly shows U has a bright and firm future, a place where employees can enjoy a long and bright future. Put on your happy face and explain to me and everyone why thinking U is doomed is illogical.

Come on smart fellow make me look the fool, here I am, I’m calling you out.
[post="171367"][/post]​

ah..... cool it francis.....and consider getting back on topic.....

before most folks consider putting you on their ignore list.....im calling you out? .....jeeze!

Actually I think the competition is directly with AA as US is tapping on the mia feed from AA toall of these destinations. It is also in direct competiton with JBLU's feed to FLL and their enevitible expansion into the Caribbean from JFK and or FLL. It is clearly an attempt to fill airport capacity before the threat of JBLUS espansion takes hold.

Secondly beware customs in FLL is usually nightmarish especially if yu increase the already limited gate use and small customs area. One advantage AA has especially when the new terminal is complete in MIA is the ability to handle large amonts of pax clearing customs all at once. Timing will be everything. FLL is a small airport with only one runway, significant Parking is alomst nonexistant because it is so limited, Probably will be alleviated when new parking garage is complete.

Be careful what you ask for you just might get it. AA's advantage at mia is that they can pretty much connect to everywhere most of those travelers want to go in MIA. Many pax dont entirely go only to miami from these destinations, they head deep south or to Europe. Hence the success of the Mia hub.

Good to see competition, AA ran Liberia out too so I believe there will be a fight. If AA responds I believe it will be to add congestion and take up custom gate space.

us0004us said:
ah..... cool it francis.....and consider getting back on topic.....

before most folks consider putting you on their ignore list.....im caling you out? jeeze!
[post="171375"][/post]​

What you need to understand is I really don't care what they do, read my posts, don't read my posts...it really won't have a bearing on my life one way or the other.

I see so far even after taking a break to watch the game, no one wanted to step up to the plate and explain all the many positives virtues U has going for it.

Go ahead and keep smiling because it takes less muscles, but U is not go to be a desirable place to be whether you frown or smile, it simply doesn't matter what you do, or what I say.

U’s fates has already been determined and it wasn’t decided on US Aviation.

Anyone is free to take front and center stage dispelling my opinions, after all, this is what this forum is all about, nothing more, nothing less. They even provided the ignore button for the weak at heart, nice touch.

Latest posts