Fll

The old EA terminal is the concourse US uses now. However, as orginally built, FLL was single leveled, and it was built as a stand alone terminal like DL's. Major renovations have occurred making it almost unrecognizable from what it was.

Is there any evidence of the company spending more than a couple thousand in legal fees for route authority in support of FLL?

Who knows. The applications are done in-house, so there is no real extra expense.

Its not as if US Airways has hired Shaw Pittman, Aronld & Porter, or Wilmer Cutler & Pickering to do the jobs. Associates at firms like this charge anywhere from $175 - $350 an hour to draft an application. A standard application would probably take a minimum of 5 hours to complete. Toss in two hours of paralegal time at $100 an hour, one hour of partner review at $350 - $550 an hour, and you're running close to $2000 an application - for the application alone.

My other half was at a pet expo the other day and met a F/A from CLT who was moving to FLL as part of the base, she was an instructor - she was selling fish tanks that hang on your wall at the pet expo. Also she said that the person in charge of South America was moving to FLL too. I don't think I had a dream about this!

tadjr said:
Does anyone know which terminal in FLL EA used? Where was their Ionisphere Club located? Thanks.
[post="188355"][/post]​

Back in the good old days in FLL, you would get off the EAL Whisperliner, walk down the airstairs onto the ramp, through the chain linked gate, and into the parking lot. Those were the days. Going to these monstrosity airports is no fun at all.

DENVER, CO

Piedmont's gates at the old PBI were like that. PeopleExpress also used those gates. The old terminal and Delta's terminal, which is still standing, were perpendicular to each other, and the gates of which I speak were located between the Delta terminal, and the Northern end of the old terminal. When AL first started service to PBI, they used the gate at the north end of the old terminal that was on the ground floor. It had no jetway. I think the 737's were the first AL/US craft to use the jetways at PBI.

Every now and then when cable shows Police Academy 5, you can see the old PBI terminal.

usacrew3 said:
My other half was at a pet expo the other day and met a F/A from CLT who was moving to FLL as part of the base, she was an instructor - she was selling fish tanks that hang on your wall at the pet expo. Also she said that the person in charge of South America was moving to FLL too. I don't think I had a dream about this!
[post="188913"][/post]​

Is there going to be a crew base in FLL? There's going to be more mainline flights there than in some of the current crew bases.

I notice the sole MDA flight never seems to come into FLL from anywhere, it just goes to Providenciales. Will they base one airplane there or position it every day?

Latest posts

Back