Frankfurt

UWCactus

Veteran
Oct 12, 2005
Tempe HQ
Visit site
I'm making a brief stop (1 night) in Frankfurt and wondering if any the US East people can offer information a great deal on a room near the airport, easy access, inexpensive for the night. This will simply be a "I can't make my connection" layover hotel...so nothing fancy needed, but safe is always good.

I'm making a brief stop (1 night) in Frankfurt and wondering if any the US East people can offer information a great deal on a room near the airport, easy access, inexpensive for the night. This will simply be a "I can't make my connection" layover hotel...so nothing fancy needed, but safe is always good.
UWCatcus....I have always had luck staying at the Sheraton Airport, which is right INSIDE the airport terminal. The last time I stayed it was about 120 Euros with the airline employee discount. Keep in mind that this is summer and that rate may have gotton higher.
Most major hotel chains have hotels in downtown Frankfurt worth checking into. The UBahn train system will take you from the airport to central Frankfurt in about 15-20 minutes.
Good luck!

Why is it that only East people can give information on Frankfurt hotels? I have lived in Frankfurt. I visit often. -_-

First of all, it is safe everywhere in Frankfurt. You can walk down dark streets at 3 am and you won't be bothered.

Hotels at the airport are expensive. You could stay at InterCity Hotel Frankfurt Airport. Pricey but it's at the airport near the Cargo Süd. It is cheaper if you reserve at the Deutsche Bahn (German Rail) hotel site. There you can reserve a European rate and not the Stupid American Tourist (SAT) rate. You can also go to one of the kiosks that will refer hotels. Just tell them what you want (airport shuttle, price range, etc) and they will accept payment and call the shuttle and show you to your way. They are honest and helpful. Never go to a hotel kiosk in London! You will pay over the SAT rate! Know in advance that German hotel beds are very firm (like a marble slab) and provide a comforter and goosedown pillow that will not give you much neck support. Double up the pillow.

You can also go to Hotels.com and other sites and look to see if they have an airport shuttle for a particular hotel.

If you are completely unfamiliar with Frankfurt, just visit a hotel kiosk at the airport.

Why is it that only East people can give information on Frankfurt hotels? I have lived in Frankfurt. I visit often. -_-

She's right on that one....The US/East layover is in Weisbaden which is about 20-25 minutes away from Frankfurt Airport. But if you fly to Frankfurt on US....talk to the crews....they do get out and explore on layovers.

:blink: its Wiesbaden- Buddy not Weisbaden

try the holiday Inn Express on the South side of the Airport
last year i paid 55 euros Airline rate.
the do pick up at the Airport.
Nothing fancy around, as far as eating places go.

Wow thanks everyone for the great responses, I will take all of them into consideration. Thats what is so nice about this board...getting great information like that from people who have experience, who are in the business and who know. I mentioned US East, simply because of non-rev benefits and years of flying to a place like that, certainly the word must have gotten around of places are the hits.

Thanks

One other thing to remember is the World Cup Soccer Tournament is going on in Germany now. There are games in Frankfurt.

Based on my previous travels you are better off staying at the Airport Sheraton as previously posted or the Steigenburger which is also close/ 2 kilometer.

If hotels are scarce the day you are there, the town of Waldorf about 5 kilometers away has some small hotels that should have space available. Not great rooms(50-70 Euro), but they are clean and offer a breakfast(continental/7-8 Euro)

One other thing to remember is the World Cup Soccer Tournament is going on in Germany now. There are games in Frankfurt.

Based on my previous travels you are better off staying at the Airport Sheraton as previously posted or the Steigenburger which is also close/ 2 kilometer.

If hotels are scarce the day you are there, the town of Waldorf about 5 kilometers away has some small hotels that should have space available. Not great rooms(50-70 Euro), but they are clean and offer a breakfast(continental/7-8 Euro)
Dont forget you can take the train from the airport to the Central Station for about 7 Euros round trip. Many good cheap hotels withen walking distance from the station. Lots to see and do from this area.

Dont forget you can take the train from the airport to the Central Station for about 7 Euros round trip. Many good cheap hotels withen walking distance from the station. Lots to see and do from this area.

Affordable and comfortable near the Bahnhof. Problem is all the yelling. Last year, when I stayed near the Hauptbahnhof, two Turkish shopkeepers spent the night yelling at eachother.