From an AWA pilot

Then that MEC official is lying to you. If Parker called Jack it certainly wasn't to reach out to discuss equal pay for equal work unless it was to tell Jack to go pound sand.

I think that is an option for the east pilot group if retaining your attrition is the top priority. I have looked at the attrition numbers the east is in an uproar over and I can tell you only 50-60% of all that attrition is actually in the captain ranks, and out of that number, a good portion are already on medical so those retirements will not result in any net captaincies. The rest of your attrition (40-50%) comes in the FO and furloughed ranks (hint: you can have all of them with pleasure). Those are undisputable numbers that anyone with a high school diploma can figure out.

Once you compare the east CAPTAIN attrition with the west CAPTAIN attrition you will find it is relatively comparable. Upward mobility is what concerns us in the west.

The best/smartest option IMO is to regain the contract you guys once had through the JNC. If the Company will not give it to us then we bring them to their knees using our options under the RLA.

Cactus Callsign,

Cactus Callsign said: "Per Doug Parker reaching out to Jack Stephas" - That is such a load of crap. You should be stoned for starting that kind of rumor as it only gives false hope to the honest east guys."

USA320Pilot comments: No, it's not a rumor, it's a fact. An MEC Official told me that directly.

By the way, what do you think of the first post in this topic and the author's comments about the risks to the AWA pilot's? After reading this, and then having the US Airways MEC and Legal Counsel read this, I was told they were interested in the comments and the thought process of the AWA MEC.

By the way, what do you think of the option of the East pilots simply not agreeing to a new joint contract, if that is the option they elect?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

B)-->QUOTE(Todd B @ Jun 25 2007, 09:40 PM) [post="498633"][/post]

AWA320 is already in the cornfield for 7 days.
[/quote]

But, he is not a hot-head, right?

Oh, come on, you can do better than that. (BTW, It's spelled "tongue")

Do yourself (and us) a favor. Pick up some cool lingo here

Appropriately enough, today's word is "Askhole: Someone who asks many stupid, pointless, obnoxious questions". Whoever puts that site together must know our Uncle Fester and your Chippy.
Nah, that's steroids. Just ask Barry "Asterisk" Bonds. :p

Thank you for setting us straight.

In your language.

Dude.

BoeingBoy, how many planes and at what is the cost to fly these aircraft from the Western part of the system to the East just to repositon crews? The answer? You do not know.

Again, if nothing else the US Airways pilots can sit on LOA 93 for a very long time, if that is what they elect to do. Meanwhile, the West pilots will reamin stagnant, the company will continue to suffer, and the fighting will continue. :up:

Regards,

USA320pilot

Regarding how many planes and at what cost. Do you really think we would be ferrying planes and crew for this? We already have non-direct flights from PHX to your hubs. Every city that we serve from PHX or LAS could simply continue on to your hubs and then bounce around the east system for a few days before returning west. If we need additional aircraft for that; well I guess more are coming, right? I know we are loosing a few 737's, but you are loosing even more. And if the rate of 737 departures exceed your attrition rate, will that mean that your junior 737 people will be displaced to the 190's? Can you say stagnation?

Hope you don't mind me butting in here Boeing Boy, but this guy is like shooting fish in a barrel!!!

USA320Pilot comments: No, it's not a rumor, it's a fact. An MEC Official told me that directly.

Ya, and they also told you that you were getting DOH integration. How did that work out for you?

So much for your "MEC Official."

How do I know Doug didn't call Jack? Because Doug told me when he called me yesterday. He told me to tell A320Pilot to "get a clue."

Anyone want me to pass along a message to Doug? I'm having BBQ at his house this weekend. God I love going up to PV - all those big houses.

An East pay raise and vacation increase, per Doug Parker reaching out to Jack Stephas, would begin to nuetralize the "whip saw" issue.

First, the only thing that Parker extended to Jack Stephan was his middle finger.

Second, although there is a difference in pay rates, the East pilots cost as much as the West pilots do because of the large difference in longevity. So, East "parity" would actually increase the "whip saw" issue, not neutralize it.

I believe the majority of East pilots would be happier with a pay raise, increased vacation, no comprehensive joint contract, living under the remainder of LOA 93 for as long as possible, and not permitting the Nicolau Award to proceed for 7, 8, 9 or even 10 years. By that time the majority if US Airways pilots would be retired.

Even then, I'm sure you guys would complain about something being unfair and blame it on the West pilots or ALPA.

By that time the majority if US Airways pilots would be retired.

What about those guys that are still around. You going to leave them hanging.

So typical of the east.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock.......

You East boys getting ready???????

Junebug quote

"How do I know Doug didn't call Jack? Because Doug told me when he called me yesterday. He told me to tell A320Pilot to "get a clue."

Anyone want me to pass along a message to Doug? I'm having BBQ at his house this weekend. God I love going up to PV - all those big houses."
[/quote]

I left a pair of size 14 athletic shoes there, can you send them back to me.

Ya, and they also told you that you were getting DOH integration. How did that work out for you?

So much for your "MEC Official."

How do I know Doug didn't call Jack? Because Doug told me when he called me yesterday. He told me to tell A320Pilot to "get a clue."

Anyone want me to pass along a message to Doug? I'm having BBQ at his house this weekend. God I love going up to PV - all those big houses.

Tell him to start running an airline. Doesnt take much to impress you eh?

An East pay raise and vacation increase, per Doug Parker reaching out to Jack Stephas, would begin to nuetralize the "whip saw" issue.
It sounds as if you truly believe that Parker really, really, really wants to help the East pilots, keep the airlines separate, raise his costs, and eliminate a tool from management's kit.

Right.

Latest posts