From an AWA pilot

First, the only thing that Parker extended to Jack Stephan was his middle finger.

That would be lovely.

Second, although there is a difference in pay rates, the East pilots cost as much as the West pilots do because of the large difference in longevity. So, East "parity" would actually increase the "whip saw" issue, not neutralize it.

Wrong, as usual.

Cost is a red herring. You know what that is, don't you?

It is all about "yield", a sort of lingo for net profit. It does not matter what the cost is, as long as the net revenue to cost ratio is better on in the east (and it is), they will always be the favored part of the carrier.

"neutrality" has very little to do with the ultimate yield. In fact, by causing management to actually work, for once, the yield may actually increase with employee attention.

Even then, I'm sure you guys would complain about something being unfair and blame it on the West pilots or ALPA.
[/quote]

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock.......

You East boys getting ready???????

I guess the clock just stopped. It looks like it will take a few years before you Westies see Paris. Time is on our side pal.

I guess the clock just stopped. It looks like it will take a few years before you Westies see Paris. Time is on our side pal.
That is good news. At this point the longer we stay separate the better off we will all be it appears. I can live with the contract I fly under now and I can live with the fact that no one will be coming off the street into a left seat position out West. I would say see you guys/gals around but as my login indicates I don't get to co-mingle with the East like the A320 drivers around here do.

Viva dos operating certificates!!!!

Latest posts