Full Pay Until the Last Day

Those that advocate a NO vote remind me of those back in the Vietnam days who felt that "in order to save the village, we must burn it down".....not the solution then, not the solution now. Or perhaps those that advocate a NO vote believe the other Vietnam era slogan....."kill them all and let God (or in this case the bankruptcy judge) sort them out. Again...not the solution then or now.

AA will survive either way...but without a bankruptcy...many oportunities for future growth and profitability will exsist that will be impossible or much more time consuming and costly if there is a bankruptcy.

Try filing bankruptcy and then go try to get a loan or buy a car or a house........see what it gets you compared to someone who has made some hard decisions, sacrifice and stayed the course.....

----------------
On 4/10/2003 4:28:18 PM wwiiairliner wrote:

EOM

----------------​
Well, that last day may soon be approaching.

Had the company started the process earlier instead of acting as if nothing was wrong, we could have used a progressive stepping towards recovery.

Try something, watch it, Try something, watch it.

Instead they chose Shock and Awe that has backfired in their face!

My take the general feel of the APFA team, is that a BK will happen with or without these concessions.

I can from the overall take of the flight attendants is that they are more than willing to do there part. But they are not about to see 50 years of there contract gutted, without some sort of negotiations. People see a court as the only way to get the company to own up to be fair and straight with the employees their concessions and the overall value.

----------------
On 4/10/2003 4:35:16 PM desertfox wrote:

Those that advocate a NO vote remind me of those back in the Vietnam days who felt that "in order to save the village, we must burn it down".....not the solution then, not the solution now. Or perhaps those that advocate a NO vote believe the other Vietnam era slogan....."kill them all and let God (or in this case the bankruptcy judge) sort them out. Again...not the solution then or now.

AA will survive either way...but without a bankruptcy...many oportunities for future growth and profitability will exsist that will be impossible or much more time consuming and costly if there is a bankruptcy.

Try filing bankruptcy and then go try to get a loan or buy a car or a house........see what it gets you compared to someone who has made some hard decisions, sacrifice and stayed the course.....

----------------

Those who say to vote yes are like the Vichy French, "Live to surrender another day".

I agree that AA will survive either way, but if we vote YES my career is over. There is no way I'm going to give away another six years.

The problem here is that AA wants the loan but they want the employees to "make the hard decision" and do without for six years.

AA claims that it is losing $5million/day. That equals $1.825 Billion. They want us to give $1.8billion. So their hard decision is to eke out $25 million. We give $1.8 billion . Who is making the sacrifice and who will get the gain?

----------------
On 4/10/2003 4:58:51 PM FA Mikey wrote:

My take the general feel of the APFA team, is that a BK will happen with or without these concessions.

I can from the overall take of the flight attendants is that they are more than willing to do there part. But they are not about to see 50 years of there contract gutted, without some sort of negotiations. People see a court as the only way to get the company to own up to be fair and straight with the employees their concessions and the overall value.

----------------​
And you may be right that AMR would file even if the TAs were ratified. But you can''t be sure.

Nothing is guaranteed except a filing on Tuesday if the TAs are rejected.

Good luck no matter how it turns out.

PS - when bankruptcy turns out worse than everyone expected, are you all going to whine endlessly about how bad it is? ''Cause sooner or later people will post "I told you so." In fact, I''ll do that right now. I told you so.

Latest posts