Why Don't The Angry People Leave?

So, bobcat, if I understand you correctly your plan is to bleed the company dry to fund your startup business. Is that correct?

Cav, there is a difference between the combat veteran being bothered by the killing and the bothered combat veteran deciding to voluntarily stick around to witness more killing. I'm not going to suggest you shouldn't be bothered; I'm suggesting that if it bothers you and you can't fix it, you shouldn't subject yourself to more of it.

mweiss said:
Cav, there is a difference between the combat veteran being bothered by the killing and the bothered combat veteran deciding to voluntarily stick around to witness more killing. I'm not going to suggest you shouldn't be bothered; I'm suggesting that if it bothers you and you can't fix it, you shouldn't subject yourself to more of it.
Given the content of your posts, I simply ignore your suggestions.

mweiss,

First of all I am in no position to personally bleed the company dry. The management of this company of past and present have done it all by themselves and are attempting to do it to the employees to save themselves personally.

I am just covering my butt which any rationally thinking person would do.

USA320

You have a lot of nerve telling anyone else to do something you have not done yourself. Have you moved on since your company stole your pension? Weren't you screaching about the fact that pilots weren't focusing on flying and that you'd never ever witnessed the pilot group being more galvanized against a management maneuver when that event took place? Where is your conviction to move on?

If you don't like the movement of the masses, what the general consensus believes is the right thing to do, then you, sir, are in the minority and it surely does appear that you are unhappy that no one wants to do it your way.... maybe it is really your turn to move on. Oh, and please suspend the nonsense about courage, we do not want to visit that again, do we?

MrAeroMan said:
I have asked a relative in CLT IAM and he hasn't heard a thing. Seems the "word" isn't getting out like you would like to believe.
One more question. If the company and the IAM are working together on the issue then how can fingers be pointed at the company blaming them for the suicides?
In Pit in the last 5 years just in the SSB building there have been a VERY high number of suicides, all were of course U employees. I know for a FACT a high percentage was attributed to the state of things at U and the employee not being able to cope with it.

Don't you find it very strange that such a high percentage doing themselves in happen to be U employees? You cannot discount that fact. To say management is blameless when even the outside experts can see the ineptitude U has been plagued with for years is denial of the truth. It was so bad in SSB that CCY came up twice that I am aware of to investigate, but according to you that was sheer consequence and no cause for concern.

In Pit in the last 5 years just in the SSB building there have been a VERY high number of suicides, all were of course U employees. I know for a FACT a high percentage was attributed to the state of things at U and the employee not being able to cope with it.

What I'm saying is there are many reasons why people decide they can't cope and do themselves in but management isn't the sole reason they're doing it. Yes, while what's happening in the industry is weighing heavily on all employees there is only a handful of people that turn to suicide as the answer.

Don't you find it very strange that such a high percentage doing themselves in happen to be U employees? You cannot discount that fact. To say management is blameless when even the outside experts can see the ineptitude U has been plagued with for years is denial of the truth. It was so bad in SSB that CCY came up twice that I am aware of to investigate, but according to you that was sheer consequence and no cause for concern.

Yes, it is troublesome and strange that a high percentage of employees are doing themselves in as you say and I'm not discounting that. What I'm saying is there are MANY underlying issues that get a person to that point and it's not all managements fault it's happening. Many times when something this tragic happens you often hear of copy cat instances where others commit the same act and kill themselves like they had read or seen on the TV. They're not in their right mind when this stuff happens but you're making it sound like management is making policy changes and decisions with the hope employees will end it all. It's sad as hell to see someone turn to that as their answer. I hope it has stopped and those that need it are getting the help they need.

MrAeroMan said:
They're not in their right mind when this stuff happens but you're making it sound like management is making policy changes and decisions with the hope employees will end it all. It's sad as hell to see someone turn to that as their answer. I hope it has stopped and those that need it are getting the help they need.
Obviously they are not in their right mind. I am not making anything sound like anything. I am stating the TRUTH. In that one building way too many people killed themselves! YES, some for reasons other than U’s problems. But, if you couple the troubled lives of people with the troubled times of U it can and does spell disaster as witnessed in the SSB building. It was so bad I believe the company didn't go far enough investigating. I can think of 8 people right of the top of my head, I mean is it the water?

You and I both know U's management tactics are NOT blameless in this enigma.

USA320Pilot said:
For those who say the concession stand is closed, burn the place down to the ground, or full pay until the last day, why don't you show some courage and leave the company? I bet you do not have the courage to quit!

If US Airways is so miserable then leave. Why be miserable?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
I think the company would be light years (apologies, L.Y. ;) )ahead if the
a$$ki$$ers would leave - all of them.

USA320Pilot, you're kind of like the Simon Cowell (of American Idol) of US Aviation. DELETED BY MODERATOR. In other words, people will post stuff just to irritate Y-O-U. Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Problem is, for Y-O-U US Airways appears to be your only kitchen and you want to keep baking in it. You don't care if the ingredients to success don't add up, all you want is to keep baking from the left seat. To the rest of the employee workforce you decry "Let them eat cake." If this your recipe to success, well, it's setting off the smoke alarm.

What do we have now??? Over 50 posts on this stupid topic. This topic is an insult to everyone!!!! I cannot beleive anyone needs to justify thereselves and comment on such a ludicruous topic. Come one people..... this is high school BS.

I won't justify why I stay or go to anyone, it's NO body's business. Come on You guys. :shock: :shock:

I travel Airways a lot and seldom see evidence of angry. The pilots always seem professional. The FAs are not angry in appearance. My first question is, who and how many employees really care about airways surviving for the long run. We have been paid for all previous work. The unions need to recognize the issue. Here is a proposal. Every person at Airway, starting June 1, take a 6% pay cut for 4 months. At the end of that time, lets see if there is any money to expand the airline. No hiring except essential positions. If we have some money and find the lower costs structure works, we can decide what next. If we are losing money, no way to fix the problem, let United, Delta, etc, hire all their pilots, mechanics, FA back and we can go to work in the health industry. I just want to know what people [who seem to ignore the fact OUR company is losing money every day and may soon be gone]will tell their family when the paycheck stops coming in - are they going to allow their kids and spouse to accuse them of poor management :huh: ? Whether we work for airways next year or go to another carrier, we will be making less money in today's environment. Airways needs all of us and we should want Airways. Let's stop waiting for someone to tell us what we need.

I have already taken a 38% pay cut. I am getting ready to put the red light out on my front porch. Give me a break. Just was at Home Depot today, they have 3 different kinds of red bulbs. ;)

Moosedog:

The reason you do not see the anger on the line is two fold. The anger on this board is not the sentiment of the majority of the employees and the vast majority of the employees are professional.

My point is simple. If a person is miserable, they should move on. Why would somebody stay in an environment they hate?

In my case, the current pay, monthly DC Plan contribution, work schedule, and work benefits do not require a change. When they do, my wife and I will make the appropriate change.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot