Gay couple rebuked for "kissing, touching" on flight

That, in my opinion is a homophobic remark. The connotation and the words are all there. Straight couples get away with far more on a daily basis and not a word is said. The flight attendant should be at the very least reprimanded and docked pay. The Pilot should be forced to do community service in the gay community. Probably would not help the SOB but it would make me feel quite a bit better. Tim Wagner ought to be asked who the hell told him to say that and they should be terminated on the spot. The purser needs to get a spine at wal-mart.

Crap like this makes me embarrassed to work for AA. MY only consolation is that pin heads like this work for all companies.

WHAT?????? Are you kidding me?????? Well EXCUUUUUSE me for NOT wanting to grace this board with graphic detail of what it is two guys do together. I'm sure there are many who would thank me!!! :)

I'd be just as concerned had it been a man and woman if my kids were there, can you not read??! If my kids weren't there, then go the hell for it. I'm old enough to take it. BUT DO NOT PUT MY CHILDREN IN A SITUATION LIKE THAT JUST TO GET YOUR KICKS!!!

Golly, so touchy!!!!!

***I know I have gotten way off of what really (or supposedly) happened but I am ranting about hands on kind of behavior. Not meant for kids eyes. I re-read the story and had misunderstood the story of the fellas behind the "couple". I took it as a "mauling" and missed their confusion of the situation. I'm not bashing, really.

What does this topic have to do with aviation? Take it over to the ACLU. :down:

It's about an AA pilot who could use a dose of social skills and some flight attendants who need to MYOB.

Threaten to divert a CDG-JFK flight if the passenger didn't stop discussing (somewhat calmly, if the article is to be believed) the flight attendant's outrageous conduct?

Sounds to me like it involves aviation - and certainly American Airlines.

Every airline has its bad apples - and the pilot of this flight is stinking up the joint. So are the FAs.

If my kids weren't there, then go the hell for it. I'm old enough to take it.

Bill, I'm old enough not to take it. Such acts by anyone, especially men, in public is inappropriate. I don't care if its 1960 or 19gazillion, the laws of decency are timeless and I couldn't care less about political correctness. I'm ready, fire away.

Sorry for the mix-up Fly (girl). I would rather NOT have my kids exposed to this kind behavior at such an early age IF I CAN HELP IT. Grown folk should know to refrain from such behavior if kids are present. I do.

Just curious Flyboy....do you have kids????? By the way, I DO tell my kids that the stork brings the babies. I don't think that a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old are quite ready to hear about sex yet. DO YOU????????? Kind of like the concept of telling kids about Santa or the Easter Bunny.

When I, as their father and protector, feel they are old enough to understand such things then I will tell them. But until such time SHOW SOME FREAKIN' RESTRAINT!!!!!

21st Century my arse!!!

Save your money, bucko, you're gonna need it for your precious kid's therapy in 10-15 years...if not for their rehab.

First of all, PLEASE cut the "Do you have kids CRAP!! I am so sick of parents acting like they have the insight to how to treat children when most are sooo screwed up and they don't even know it. Case in point...YOU!! What you are telling your children are lies based on your delusions and in this case pure FEAR. THAT is ABUSIVE!!

If you think your children haven't already developed their sexuality...yes even at 3 and 5...then continue that backwards child rearing. You are a fine example of the binded America and Brits when it comes to anything sexual.

As far as RESTRAINT? A simple kiss, holding hands or laying ones head on a partners shoulder IS COMPLETLY ACCEPTABLE for ALL people. If YOU don't want you or your children to be exposed to the kindest and healthiest terms/expressions of endearment, may I suggest you never leave Dawg Patch again. I will NOT show restraint as there is nothing WRONG with that.

The flight crew was wrong PERIOD!! Would had been worth a trip to jail to fight such ignorance. The "INTERFERRING WITH CREW DUTIES" FAR has to be the most OVERSTATED, OVERUSED and MOST ABUSED FAR in the airline industry. If you question anyone or get upset, you are a threat unlike anything that happened on 9/11. Again, it's out of hand. :down:

Bill, I'm old enough not to take it. Such acts by anyone, especially men, in public is inappropriate. I don't care if its 1960 or 19gazillion, the laws of decency are timeless and I couldn't care less about political correctness. I'm ready, fire away.

Jesus, Birdman, can you read? It was a little kiss and putting his head on his partner's shoulder. The laws of decency? Someone sounds abit self righteous. You would had thought they were 69ing one another in the aisle.

Just by your remark "especially men" proves that unfortunately homophobia is timeless in America. B)

Just not ready or willing to go into detail to 5 and 3 yr old children about why 2 men are huggin, touchin' and squeezin' thank you very much. Like I said I don't have a qualm one way or the other but don't go making out in front of kids (and don't tell me there weren't kids on that flight!)....GAY OR NOT. I just don't think it is appropriate. Show some kind of restraint and save it for private !!!!

What will you do when one of your kids asks why their playmate has two daddies (or mommies)?

Oh LCC, go cry on someone elses shoulder. And whether you like it or not, parents DO have a better insight on kids, (especially their own) then those without kids. What the parent chooses to teach their children is usally based on what they think their kids can handle at any particular time. My kids CANNOT handle seeing gay OR straight people kissing and touching on each other. I DON'T WANT THEM TO!!!!!!

I could give a flying rat's a** what you think of my parenting skills or me as a person. You sound like you are so hung up on what you think you as a gay person (you were the one who said that weren't you???) are entitled to. And frankly I could give a rat's A** what you get!!!!!!

But I would appreciate if you didn't refer to my children in your posts. (*you're gonna need it for your precious kid's therapy in 10-15 years...if not for their rehab.)

That's a fine line there. Ask any parent on this board.

And this..... "What you are telling your children are lies based on your delusions and in this case pure FEAR. THAT is ABUSIVE!"

You don't have a clue to what I tell my kids. But I can asure you this, I will tell them to avoid people like you who think that a 3 yr old knows all about his/her sexuality. You DON'T have kids do you?????

I guess it's abusive to tell a child about Santa LCC????

That's a fine line there. Ask any parent on this board.

My wife and I raised our girls to be girls and the boy to be a boy. Dispite the efforts of those teaching situation ethics, my kids have adjusted nicely to their roles in life given they had a dad and a mom as role models. Bill, I would be very concerned for my kids if they were as young as yours. It sounds like your doing it right.

My wife and I raised our girls to be girls and the boy to be a boy. Dispite the efforts of those teaching situation ethics, my kids have adjusted nicely to their roles in life given they had a dad and a mom as role models. Bill, I would be very concerned for my kids if they were as young as yours. It sounds like your doing it right.

Do you honestly believe that a person chooses to be gay?

Or are you saying that if your daughter acted like a tomboy you would have slapped that girl silly until she sat down and played with dolls? How do you make a child act like a girl or boy? I guess I'm from a totally different mindset....I raised my kids to believe that I loved them, no matter what. One has blonde hair, one has brown. One has blue eyes, one has brown. I never beat them up over those differences either. They didn't choose their genetics.

I believe that people are gay, in most circumstances, from birth. Therefore, they have every right to love whom they find an attraction to. There is much too much hate out there, why add more?

The flight attendants and pilot were completely out of line, IF the story in the OP is true.

(I have to wonder if all the straight men responding here would have acted differently if the two people snuggling up were females. Hmmmmmm ;) )

But I would appreciate if you didn't refer to my children in your posts. (*you're gonna need it for your precious kid's therapy in 10-15 years...if not for their rehab.)

And this..... "What you are telling your children are lies based on your delusions and in this case pure FEAR. THAT is ABUSIVE!"

You don't have a clue to what I tell my kids. But I can asure you this, I will tell them to avoid people like you who think that a 3 yr old knows all about his/her sexuality. You DON'T have kids do you?????

I guess it's abusive to tell a child about Santa LCC????

*1. As YOU stated, "I could give a rats ass what you think" so I WILL say as I desire.

*2. YOU brought your children into this discussion, not me..so YOU put yourself in that situation. I'm sure you are a very good parent (although too protective).If I had a dollar for every parent that made the same statement of knowing what is best for their kids that were in prison today, I could pay for a home for those that have been abused and put into foster homes BECAUSE of such statements.

*3. GET A CLUE!! Most studies..oh I forgot that would be too liberal for you..suggest children know their sexuality VERY early on. Who you DO need to fear are the men who you THINK are your best pals and those you THINK are the staple of the community and those you THINK you can trust and those you THINK would never abuse or moleste. BTW, 90% of child molestors are heterosexual, so you don't have to fear me.

*4. I don't take your typical snide remarks about #3 personally. I like children, but I don't LIKE children. ;)

*5. I dont have kids and after your post, I know why. Thank you.

*6. Telling someone there is a Santa IS A LIE!!! I love how you categorize lies. Now that isn't very christian...or is it?

*7. I am not entitled to anything and have never stated such. But YOU did. That is the typical response many have to gay people when somehow they need to explain themselves. Heard it before. My peeps and I have learned what it means.

I have a lot of years hearing the same BS spew out of people's mouths wrapped around their ideas of what normal is about and what is appropriate or descent. All because they somehow think they have a direct redline between that person and God.Most of those people are the first to say many of the same things you posted and guess what? THAT makes me nervous, MANY...and I am NOT suggesting YOU...are the ones arrested for child abuse and child molestation. They are the first people to drag the same stereotypical lies about gay people like child recruitment and gay agendas to somehow convince the community that it is this or that they need to fear and not the true abuser.

You and I differ on displays of any affection. Many agree with me. Many with you. I have seen situations like this play out when involving gay people. So many times situations would never be questioned until two men buck the hetro system and bring out people's dis-ease when dealing with gender and sexuality. I HIGHLY doubt a peak would had been said had these two been a honeymooning heterosexual couple. That has been my experience as a gay man in America. That has nothing to do with left-right or political correctness.

To get back to the subject, YOU many times keep referring to your children AND those that don't have them. I am sorry if you feel either your parenting skills or your children are being attacked, but I was once a child and I came from a similar family structure that frankly that was sufficating, Myself AND my parents suffered alot of turmoil because of their oppressive and sufficating parental skills. It took YEARS and YES, lots of therapy and money to overcome those things. We worked very hard as a family, so I do not need your shoulder or anyone elses to cry over. I love my parents. They are my best friends. I will always be their baby, no matter what age.

Fate itself took care of the parenting issue. With 100% certanty I can tell you there are no LCC_#1 Jrs. But please know that it was a DIFFICULT and MOARNING process of simply accepting the fact that I would never know the joys of parenthood. I am very aware of the impact children have on parents and they way they view life. That is a great contribution, but one that is TOO many times abused with the response of "you must not have children" remark when a parent has done something inappropriate. So inappropriate and entitlement runs both ways. BUT if I DID have children, I WOULD want them to be affectionate to their loved ones AND their S O. No, I don't want them to be slobbering over their bf/gf, but I wouldn't want them to be dried fish toward them either. There is NOTHING to suggest anything more than affection here with TRUE homophobia (remember it means fear of homosexuals or anything perceived as homosexual) making a moutain out of a mole hill IF what was reported was true.

I'll never convince you of this but those of us that live on the other side of the fence have seen situations like this time and time again and it sends chills up our spines at the painfull similarities. But then why should you care? You're the one that said "you could give a rat's ass, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.