Good By 737s & Sim

X-U said:
The AeroTransport Data Bank reports 11 737s stored. Total active fleet at 271.
The current active fleet including the nine airbii that were leased again and two 737-400s returned to the lessor is 285 per maxi-merlin (US Maintenance Computer System).

And US does not own any parked 737s, there were sold to Jetran or the leases were abrogated during chapter 11.

El Gato,

"Getting rid of the 737's is not a bad thing to do. The 737's are getting old, and the truth is that the airbii are better, more fuel efficient, and going to a single fleet type for domestic ops is a good way to become solvent again."

As usual, you should read before typing. If you had, you would have seen that my post dealt with the 737 simulator in CLT - one of the two we have - not the 737 itself.

Jim

ok it is 8:25PM, where is the announcement? Another Bullcrap stupid rumor!

according to my sources the arbitration went very well for the IAM, I will find out more tomorrow and post.

The decison will come down probably in 60 days, each side usually gets 30 days to file post hearing briefs with the arbitor.

700UW,

Please make sure I get my Airbus outsourcing grievance check payment before this place finishes crumbling. That should cost them plenty. Nothing like paying for stuff twice. I hope the IAM don't blow that. Make 'em pay.

Secret new plan below.

Attachments

• usaircutbacks.jpg
    usaircutbacks.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 161
Could this rumor have anything to do with the one about Usairways and Branson doing something together? Could it be that 35 Boeing go to FedEx and at the same time Usairways makes a deal with Branson and he provides 30 new Airbuses that Usairways pilots fly under the Virgin USA brand? Could this be what the red tail rumor was all about?

Aviation Daily

Virgin USA To Order Aircraft, Name Base, But Launch Slips
By Steve Lott
05/03/2004 10:33:39 AM

Virgin USA plans to unveil an order this week for roughly 30 new aircraft and reveal the base of operations for the low-fare carrier, but the launch date continues to slip from the timeline executives have previously discussed.

A Virgin USA executive told The DAILY Friday that the airline planned an announcement "very early next week" but couldn't discuss details. Several sources, however, confirmed that Airbus is the frontrunner in the narrowbody campaign. Chairman Richard Branson earlier this year said he wanted to start with 10-15 planes, but sources said management now wants a larger order....

US can't have an alter ego airline it is against the union contracts.

planejane said:
So that's why FedEx has been on property checking records and at the simulators................ :shock: :shock:
A/C records are stored in PIT, not at the airport and they put them on micorfilm and store them in a warehouse, try again.

FedEx reps were at the 737 CLT sim a few weeks ago. I'll bet they're not just buying a 737 sim for the fun of it. It appears to be happening, however I missed the day. Stay tuned....

US Airways has two simulators available for sale, one A320 and one B737. The company is expected to ask ALPA for "E" period training relief from 0001-0400, which will increase productivity and reduce the need for the two simulators.

75% of the proceeds will be used to pay the loan guarantee, to reduce short-term debt, and 25% of the proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes.

At some point in the future, the current plan is to move last two Pittsburgh simulators (B737 and B757) to open bays in Charlotte and the Pittsburgh simulator building will be closed, since the buildings lease agreement has been rejected.

Separately, as previously noted, the company plans on winning the A320 overhaul arbitration and then will replace the B737s with A320 and EMB-190/195 aircraft. This will permit the airline to close the Pittsburgh maintenance facility per the new ACAA agreement provided the IAM and the airline do not reach an accord to cost effectively conduct overhaul in-house.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Separately, as previously noted, the company plans on winning the A320 overhaul arbitration and then will replace the B737s with A320 and EMB-190/195 aircraft. This will permit the airline to close the Pittsburgh maintenance facility per the new ACAA agreement provided the IAM and the airline do not reach an accord to cost effectively conduct overhaul in-house.
I guess they have no plan B for when the IAM wins then, correct? The more things change the more they stay the same.