Good By 737s & Sim

USA320Pilot said:
Separately, as previously noted, the company plans on winning the A320 overhaul arbitration and then will replace the B737s with A320 and EMB-190/195 aircraft. This will permit the airline to close the Pittsburgh maintenance facility per the new ACAA agreement provided the IAM and the airline do not reach an accord to cost effectively conduct overhaul in-house.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
The company knows they will lose, since you are so certain please tell us why they will win when we have overhauled every single airplane since 1949 and the scope lanaguage has not changed?

Just like they expected to win in District Court and the first appeal?

Don't worry if they do win, Mesa will be flying your A320 sooner or later!

And by the way the company's case was all on facilities, so the Dunsford award wiped out thier arguement, expect a decison in August.

700UW said:
The company knows they will lose, since you are so certain please tell us why they will win when we have overhauled every single airplane since 1949 and the scope lanaguage has not changed?

Just like they expected to win in District Court and the first appeal?

Don't worry if they do win, Mesa will be flying your A320 sooner or later!

And by the way the company's case was all on facilities, so the Dunsford award wiped out thier arguement, expect a decison in August.
August??? I don't think we have till august!!!

USA320Pilot,

The attitude of you and management will be the demise of this place and that same attitude toward Mechanics is why we will have full pay until the last day. You will be just like me in the end unemployed, but guess what my life style will not change. I am already poor.

I do not want to see PIT reduced to a focus city, flight training leave PIT to go to CLT, or the IAM not conduct the overhaul.

The reality is that the market will determine what happens in all of these issues and if the IAM wants to bid on the work, I am sure the company will make a cost effective decision. All of these points are being driven by economics and employees have a choice: Participate in the "Transformation Plan" or not participate, but David Bronner has said the plan will go forward "with or without employees".

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

My, God 320Pilot: You have posted this same thing repeatedly for weeks now. Ever since it was first said. We KNOW!!!!!!!! With or without the employees, For Gods sake, enough already. :down: :shock:

ktflyhome said:
My, God 320Pilot: You have posted this same thing repeatedly for weeks now. Ever since it was first said. We KNOW!!!!!!!! With or without the employees, For Gods sake, enough already. :down: :shock:
I second that.

Thanks, Funguy2, I get tired of reading the same old crap over and over. On some other threads, he has even resorted to putting his same ole, same ole in Capital letters just to hope to drive home the same ole, same ole point.

For crying out loud, Captain, take a chill pill. We all get it by now. We are not children lost in this world and need our hand held every step of the way and told what to think every moment. WE ARE GROWN ADULTS.!!!!!! Your post are becoming insulting. :angry:

USA320Pilot wrote -
US Airways has two simulators available for sale, one A320 and one B737. The company is expected to ask ALPA for "E" period training relief from 0001-0400, which will increase productivity and reduce the need for the two simulators.

75% of the proceeds will be used to pay the loan guarantee, to reduce short-term debt, and 25% of the proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes

Obviously he is not aware of the sale price of these simulators, whatever they can get for the 737 would be negligable in paying off anything except maybe a going away bonus forsomeone lower than a vp. The last time these geniuses sold a 737 simulator they spent more than they sold it for renting it back. And their lame plan to use just 2 A320 sims and train 20 hrs per day is not feasible. The brilliant gentlemen that are making these decisions have not taken into account maintenance time, which is an imortant and neccesary factor to keep these machines up to FAA standards. They have not factored in mechanical failures of these highly technical machines. They say if they need time that they will rent it somewhere else, maybe they will be PAYING Jet Blue for use of one of the four A320 simulators they are having built right now. This will ending up costing far more than the tiny cash infusion that will result from a sim sale. The word is, that the AQP program that was to use less sim time is actually using more sim time. It is obvious that USA320Pilot does not have a grasp on the value of these simulators sale price as compared to the huge amount of debt carried by UAIR. A new state of the art simulator costs abou 15 - 20 million, a 25 year old sim like the 737 in CLT MIGHT bring in a million or two. There will be virtually no effect on paying down UAIR debt. They may get a few million for the A320 sim but this as well will will have virtualy no effect on paying UAIR debt. They may be able to scrape up enough from the sale to pay of Siegles going away present for the long years of hard work he put in here with his labor friendly management. The sad thing is that UAIR used to make money renting time to other airlines. Just another good thing gone bad due to some bad apples in management making decisions based on what benefits them personally rather than what is good for the company. Not to mention building countless wasteful mini empires. USA320Pilot, I sure hope you don't have anything to do with the finances of this company because you are way off on your assesment of the value of an old simulator compared to 900 million+ in debt. Good luck everyone, we are going to need it.

Wearethecompany:

Your point is invalid because the loan guarantee is colateralized by assets, including the simulators.

When a colateralized asset is sold the loan guarantee must be paid down by 75% of the proceeds and 25% can be kept for general corporate purposes, which is an ATSB requirement.

Is it relatively a small amount money? Yes it is, nonetheless, the proceeds must be distributed per the ratio above as required by the Board.

For more information on these requirements (click here)

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

PhillyFlyGuy said:
Today is almost over and nothing yet ....... Hmmmmm ......... I smell a RAT ;)
By the way, has anybody called the pest controll a few weeks ago?

It smells like, looks like, and sounds like the same old story. Ratboy must have a friend or is he incognito? :lol:

I guess things are changing rapidly. There is now another bidder(FedEx + 1) for the CLT 737 sim. It appears that the company has until today to make a decision on which bid to accept. It's happening but the time frame is unclear.

Separately, as previously noted, the company plans on winning the A320 overhaul arbitration and then will replace the B737s with A320 and EMB-190/195 aircraft. This will permit the airline to close the Pittsburgh maintenance facility per the new ACAA agreement provided the IAM and the airline do not reach an accord to cost effectively conduct overhaul in-house.

I PLAN ON WINNING THE POWERBALL JACKPOT ....IF I DO I'LL GET YOU A LIFE
i'm willing to bet you will be in for a huge let down with an unfavorable ruling regarding the airbus arbitration.

DellDude:

My point on the arbitration is that the company wins most cases and I do not want to see our mechanics lose their jobs.

If the IAM wins the grievance and there is no new labor accord between the IAM and the company, the Pittsburgh maintenance facility will close/move and there are reports the IAM will have a lot of pain. It's up to you and your counterparts as to what to do. Remember, Bronner said the restructuring will go forward "with or without employees."

In yesterday's Charlotte Observer ALPA Spokesman Captain Jack Stephen said, "We are upbeat. For a long time this airline has sat sluggishly on the sidelines as the rest of the industry changed. "But the company was emphatic that things can't happen unless a new cost structure is put into place," Stephan said, since reduced fares must be accompanied by reduced costs. "It won't do any good to do one without the other."

Moreover, according to the Beaver County Times Another unchanged piece of the plan is for US Airways to seek a third round of concessions from workers. Negotiators for the pilots and the airline will meet next week, Stephan said. He echoed management's mantra that "this plan will require everyone to shoulder their portion of the load, and it won't be possible for one group to take up the slack, so to speak. While that was possible, maybe, in bankruptcy, it won't work this time. That message was given loud and clear today from the top man himself."

Therefore, the issue is simple. The company must lower unit costs to LCC levels across-the-board, or it will file for bankruptcy. The question then is would the filing be a Chapter 11 or 7? There is reason to believe it will be a Chapter 11 that is pre-packaged with those labor groups, aircraft debt holders, and other lessors who do not reach consensual accords placed into the "cross hairs".

Finally, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review pilot’s union spokesman Jack Stephan was optimistic about US Airways' restructuring plans. "We're encouraged by the fresh thinking and bold marketing strategy that's embodied in this plan," he said. "For too long, this company and its employees sat on the sidelines as observers of the industry, reacting to changes."

Regards,

USA320Pilot