Grass Roots drive for TWU to replace AMFA begins.

I’m sure AMFA doesn’t care because they can barely represent AMT’s much less anyone else.

39DA97A4-7171-49C3-808D-B774BFCA309C.jpeg

I swear. Do any of you know your own contract?

American can outsource 50% billable hours of AIRFRAME overhaul.

so again, I will say, apparently the big problem for the AA people is that they think Engines, landing gear, APUs, TRs, Avionics etc are get repaired via unicorn farting rainbows. Engine shop can be completely outsourced other than the JT8, CF6 and CFM56. Component maintenance can be outsourced to a large extent as well. (IIRC your support shops have to be staffed to 20% of the total number of base maintenance)

and again, You should check out where American sends some of its airframe work......
Correct sir. And, 50% billable hours of "all" AIRFRAME overhaul can easily exceed 50% outsourced. And their union doesn't even have access to the books on the billable hours $$$. So, throw the question to these guys about billable hours. What is the total billable hours on "all" Airframe overhaul? If they cannot provide said numbers, then they have no freakin clue what that total is and can never prove they broke the contract as the total % of number of aircraft farmed out could very easily exceed 50% of total aircraft. It's a mind and numbers game at the companies favor, otherwise, they would have not ever agreed to it, I promise you that...

Correct sir. And, 50% billable hours of "all" AIRFRAME overhaul can easily exceed 50% outsourced. And their union doesn't even have access to the books on the billable hours $$$. So, throw the question to these guys about billable hours. What is the total billable hours on "all" Airframe overhaul? If they cannot provide said numbers, then they have no freakin clue what that total is and can never prove they broke the contract as the total % of number of aircraft farmed out could very easily exceed 50% of total aircraft. It's a mind and numbers game at the companies favor, otherwise, they would have not ever agreed to it, I promise you that...

Of course they have access to that information. The Company is obligated because of the contract to provide that kind of information just as much as your company is obligated to provide similar information to your Union to make sure they aren’t in violation of your Scope.

Or are you saying that AMFA doesn’t get that information from SWA Management?

BTW what’s with the “Correct Sir” to everyone that writes something you want to hear? It’s really weird man.

Wrong the union does have access and there is an audit performed every year.

And it doesn’t exceed 50%. As AA only outsources 40% of their maintenance and there is a cap and formula.

Unlike SCAMFA at WN who outsources 80% of their maintenance.

And don’t say IAM or IBT You’ve had 17 years to bring work in and you’ve only let more work go out the door

Last edited:
Wrong the union does have access and their is an audit performed every year.

And it doesn’t exceed 50%. As AA only outsources 40% of their maintenance and there is a cap and formula.

Unlike SCAMFA at WN who outsources 80% of their maintenance.

And don’t say IAM or IBT You’ve had 17 years to bring work in and you’ve only let more work go out the door

Yea but wait they got raises and full retro for selling out the unborn. It’s no wonder in all their pictures you see nothing but old grey haired geezers and almost no young people.

I bet you have to have 35 years or more to get a weekend off under AMFA?