Grass Roots drive for TWU to replace AMFA begins.

Compare the two contracts side by side for yourselves. You’ll find that on pay and benefits they line up pretty similarly. The difference is in the Scope. TWU at AA has far better Scope than AMFA. And that’s better Scope period

Scope means jobs, and jobs mean opportunities. Those are opportunities to move up to better shifts and days off or to move to places that you’d rather live. Wouldn’t some of you maybe like to move down to Florida?

Now no I’m not going to blow any smoke up anyones ass and promise that the TWU can guarantee you better Scope at SWA. But I can say that AMFA absolutely can’t get it for you. They haven’t gotten it for you in almost 20 years.

Maybe a new Union and a new approach can get you somewhere?

193 pages

228 pages

5315A2AF-19BE-4EC7-986D-DFAB7AF33A09.jpeg

If the TWU is going after SWA and not the ibt as you say, then why do you find it necessary to post ibt UAL campaign material?

Again with the deflection -

You critiqued AMFA for not expanding MX stations ... when have the IAM or TWU forced an airline to open a MX station where it DID NOT PREVIOUSLY EXIST?

Answer that question ... NOT BK Station losses - again stations where MX DID NOT PREVIOUSLY EXIST - you can't because just like AMFA, the TWU & IAM cannot force an airline to open a MX where none previously existed.
TSH,
It's all BS. I wanted to wait over a full month and there is still nothing on the Airline Divisions web pages about any kind of Organizing at Southwest for the Mechanics. The only remote info is a site trying to discredit the "current" and "real" grass roots efforts collecting cards at AA for the Mechanic and Related. And yes they are worried, so once again, they send out all the propaganda to try and fight against the AMFA card drive at AA. They done this before at one of the previous card drives at AA by trying twice before to START an organizing campaign, but was ran off and sent home with their tales between their legs in a mere 3-4 days and it was all over. Exact same thing has happened here again. They do this every time the card flows picks up quite a bit @ AA. What it indicated is there is good momentum, and it is showing at AA for AMFA representation of the Mechanics. I also think the rather fast moves by Sun Country and Spirit Mechanics as well as the JetBlue Mechanics and MC's all getting and soon getting to a vote for AMFA representation.
Not saying they didn't try TSH, but it failed so quickly it all went super quiet in under a few days once again, and sent packing. The only real campaign the TWU has going is the one where they are fighting for their lives at AA to try and counter the overwhelming AMFA card drive and even that campaign is going no where as far as the Mechanics are concerned, as they know it is all propaganda and lies in order to mislead the membership to stay with them when the vote comes @ AA. No airline mechanics out there are doing any campaign drives for the TWU where AMFA Nations has 4 airline Mechanics groups campaigning now with 2 voting soon on a representational election. And that's the real truth about campaigns @ airlines...

Last edited:
And to clarify TSH,
I haven't heard of a card drive for AMFA at United as of this date, however, I as well as others are hearing the Mechanics at United are looking at options currently on what to do about the teamsters lack of representation (that they were warned of) and possibly doing a drive for AMFA or another Class and Craft entity to replace the teamsters there...

TSH,
It's all BS. I wanted to wait over a full month and there is still nothing on the Airline Divisions web pages about any kind of Organizing at Southwest for the Mechanics. The only remote info is a site trying to discredit the "current" and "real" grass roots efforts collecting cards at AA for the Mechanic and Related. And yes they are worried, so once again, they send out all the propaganda to try and fight against the AMFA card drive at AA. They done this before at one of the previous card drives at AA by trying twice before to START an organizing campaign, but was ran off and sent home with their tales between their legs in a mere 3-4 days and it was all over. Exact same thing has happened here again. They do this every time the card flows picks up quite a bit @ AA. What it indicated is there is good momentum, and it is showing at AA for AMFA representation of the Mechanics. I also think the rather fast moves by Sun Country and Spirit Mechanics as well as the JetBlue Mechanics and MC's all getting and soon getting to a vote for AMFA representation.
Not saying they didn't try TSH, but it failed so quickly it all went super quiet in under a few days once again, and sent packing. The only real campaign the TWU has going is the one where they are fighting for their lives at AA to try and counter the overwhelming AMFA card drive and even that campaign is going no where as far as the Mechanics are concerned, as they know it is all propaganda and lies in order to mislead the membership to stay with them when the vote comes @ AA. No airline mechanics out there are doing any campaign drives for the TWU where AMFA Nations has 4 airline Mechanics groups campaigning now with 2 voting soon on a representational election. And that's the real truth about campaigns @ airlines...

Yep 👍 it’s all BS. This webpage is a complete figment of your imagination.

AMFA provides little growth due to their negotiated contract deficiencies at their represented Airlines to provide opportunities for young people to secure jobs within the major airlines. After 20 years at SWA they prove over and over again that they just don’t cut it. They don’t have what it takes.

From the Airline Data Project year 2020. Employees per Aircraft.

SWA Maintenance in House 3.5 Mechanics per Aircraft.

AA Maintenance in House 21.7 Mechanics per Aircraft.

Facts don’t lie.

I'm sure the 10-15 people left on these forums are going to have a huge influence on all this airline union poaching....

I'm sure the 10-15 people left on these forums are going to have a huge influence on all this airline union poaching....

Actually E since I started posting these things I have seen it once get over 100 guests. A few times in the 70’s but mostly you’re right it’s pretty dead except for Swampy talking to himself everywhere.

Actually E since I started posting these things I have seen it once get over 100 guests. A few times in the 70’s but mostly you’re right it’s pretty dead except for Swampy talking to himself everywhere.
Don't believe guests... look views for posts without replies, which run around 30. The counter here doesn't account for repeat views by the same user, so if SWA looks at his own post 12 times to see if someone responded, it's going to show 12 views...

I'm sure there have to be a bunch of bot logins driving up the guest/currently logged in counts -- one of the forums I manage elsewhere is seeing 20-50 bot posts a day getting flagged (e.g. accounts with 0-10 posts including a hyperlink in the body). A few of those have slipped thru here as well so I know it's happening.

Don't believe guests... look views for posts without replies, which run around 30. The counter here doesn't account for repeat views by the same user, so if SWA looks at his own post 12 times to see if someone responded, it's going to show 12 views...

I'm sure there have to be a bunch of bot logins driving up the guest/currently logged in counts -- one of the forums I manage elsewhere is seeing 20-50 bot posts a day getting flagged (e.g. accounts with 0-10 posts including a hyperlink in the body). A few of those have slipped thru here as well so I know it's happening.

I’m talking about this bottom part that sometimes says less than 20 and averages in the 30 range and yesterday at one point showed in the 70’s. I don’t think those are logins cause right now only you and I are showing active? Either way sometimes I ain’t got anything better to do anyway. Here and there I mean.

01C21824-8738-423F-824C-756A01D06B54.png