Grass Roots drive for TWU to replace AMFA begins.

Where’s AMFA? Aren’t they also a part of the Airline Industry? Why aren’t they a part of this initiative?

BTW if you try to ask AMFA any questions or challenge them in any way they block you from all access. I’ve been told they do this to their own dues paying members as well. They can’t take or accept any criticism.

2A931F67-24B7-405F-89DA-BA018624C548.png
C040CD8E-17F9-4495-86CF-C77889245B13.png

Yes, very true sir.
They didn't lie about a card drive starting up at Southwest to try and get the TWU cards signed. They did have some very small group of folks show up near the Dallas hangars trying to pass out literature. They were successful in passing out some lit. to our Directors, Managers, supervisors, office workers, app techs, contractors, office janitors, and even one of our VP's. Now some Mechanics did get flyers, but most handed out went to NON-Mechanic Related employees. The VP that received one came to our hangar floor and asked mechanics what the hell is this crap? And that is how the word spread that the twu/iam/asso was once again trying to gain access to the mechanics at SWA.
These efforts were completely shut down in a matter of a couple days and they were all sent home with their tails between their legs. It was a very, very sad turn out for the asso. and their efforts. Even our management knows we don't want to have anything to do with that union here, no way in hell.
I have no clue if you have even been following these yahoo's efforts and what they are still trying to say a card drive for the TWU is going on at SWA. As you stated, it is completely dead in the water. So dead they have been claiming that the twu/iam/asso airline division web page Is the card drive at SWA, titling it SWA for TWU. When in FACT it is the web page trying to fight off the grass roots card drive at AA to get AMFA in. As it is properly titled on the web page as "Taking on AMFA" And absolutely NOTHING to do with an imaginary card drive at SWA for the TWU.
Now below I offer the web page they have been touting as a card drive at SWA for the TWU. But, before I post it, pls be reminded to look at the dates. All info is from almost 20 years ago, not up to date, or just completely false with no connection on where they got the data from as in the outsourcing chart they claim is true and accurate. What they have completely failed to include is the dramatic growth of the past 4 airlines that have recently voted AMFA in as their represented entity or are currently voting on bringing in AMFA.
Also note, the asso. claims to be and have promised to be so transparent in all past fights with the AMFA card drive at AA for the Mechanics group, and yet they STILL do not touch transparency with a 10' pole. The last time the twu/iam/asso. web page was updated was back in Nov. 23,2021, going on a full year soon. As well as the last update to their web page on "supposive" twu at SWA drive was back on AMT day. 1st chart on number of members is from 18-20 years ago. Second chart on number of a/c and number of mechanics is from 2021, what it doesn't show is all the 10,000 plus employees hired so far in 2022, and still hiring mechanics and related to this day ( I don't know the break down for just M&R as of yet) but we also have 750 plus aircraft, but not all a/c are in service. The outsourcing chart they are providing is way out dated too. Since the teamsters left at an average of 75-85% outsourcing, AMFA has doubled heavy maint, added double "C" check lines, boosted overnight maint from 16-18 a/c to 40 aircraft just in Dallas alone, has brought in so many new maint into back shops and support shops, added 6-7 new hangars with up to 8 lines of maint at each. Our current o/s % is more like 68-70% and has always been that way here at SWA from the get go, so really no breaking news there to the mechanics industry at all.
For the folks that really matter and are in the know, know that these are all lies, misinformation and made up stories about AMFA as they always do when the card drives get stronger and stronger. And now that the recent 4 airlines that just brought in AMFA representation and now looking at possibly 3 more, as American Airlines being one of them is a very, very huge concern with this asso. as it may just completely kill the twu/iam represented mechanic group thru-out the airline industry. They are scared to death and will do anything, say anything, and even keep a completely false card drive at SWA with the twu going just to try and fight off this massive growth within our industry for a Class and Craft AMFA Mechanics representational entity.
To be fair and balanced I leave you the web pages they keep taunting below:

Facts are facts, don't fall for the rhetoric BS of two yahoos spreading misinformation and lies just to fight off a "CURRENT" very active card drive at AA for AMFA representation. As I leave proof below as well. Gotta love transparency...

Here's the link from the AMFA National site under "ORGANIZING"

They're in your head.

Yes, very true sir.
They didn't lie about a card drive starting up at Southwest to try and get the TWU cards signed. They did have some very small group of folks show up near the Dallas hangars trying to pass out literature. They were successful in passing out some lit. to our Directors, Managers, supervisors, office workers, app techs, contractors, office janitors, and even one of our VP's. Now some Mechanics did get flyers, but most handed out went to NON-Mechanic Related employees. The VP that received one came to our hangar floor and asked mechanics what the hell is this crap? And that is how the word spread that the twu/iam/asso was once again trying to gain access to the mechanics at SWA.
These efforts were completely shut down in a matter of a couple days and they were all sent home with their tails between their legs. It was a very, very sad turn out for the asso. and their efforts. Even our management knows we don't want to have anything to do with that union here, no way in hell.
I have no clue if you have even been following these yahoo's efforts and what they are still trying to say a card drive for the TWU is going on at SWA. As you stated, it is completely dead in the water. So dead they have been claiming that the twu/iam/asso airline division web page Is the card drive at SWA, titling it SWA for TWU. When in FACT it is the web page trying to fight off the grass roots card drive at AA to get AMFA in. As it is properly titled on the web page as "Taking on AMFA" And absolutely NOTHING to do with an imaginary card drive at SWA for the TWU.
Now below I offer the web page they have been touting as a card drive at SWA for the TWU. But, before I post it, pls be reminded to look at the dates. All info is from almost 20 years ago, not up to date, or just completely false with no connection on where they got the data from as in the outsourcing chart they claim is true and accurate. What they have completely failed to include is the dramatic growth of the past 4 airlines that have recently voted AMFA in as their represented entity or are currently voting on bringing in AMFA.
Also note, the asso. claims to be and have promised to be so transparent in all past fights with the AMFA card drive at AA for the Mechanics group, and yet they STILL do not touch transparency with a 10' pole. The last time the twu/iam/asso. web page was updated was back in Nov. 23,2021, going on a full year soon. As well as the last update to their web page on "supposive" twu at SWA drive was back on AMT day. 1st chart on number of members is from 18-20 years ago. Second chart on number of a/c and number of mechanics is from 2021, what it doesn't show is all the 10,000 plus employees hired so far in 2022, and still hiring mechanics and related to this day ( I don't know the break down for just M&R as of yet) but we also have 750 plus aircraft, but not all a/c are in service. The outsourcing chart they are providing is way out dated too. Since the teamsters left at an average of 75-85% outsourcing, AMFA has doubled heavy maint, added double "C" check lines, boosted overnight maint from 16-18 a/c to 40 aircraft just in Dallas alone, has brought in so many new maint into back shops and support shops, added 6-7 new hangars with up to 8 lines of maint at each. Our current o/s % is more like 68-70% and has always been that way here at SWA from the get go, so really no breaking news there to the mechanics industry at all.
For the folks that really matter and are in the know, know that these are all lies, misinformation and made up stories about AMFA as they always do when the card drives get stronger and stronger. And now that the recent 4 airlines that just brought in AMFA representation and now looking at possibly 3 more, as American Airlines being one of them is a very, very huge concern with this asso. as it may just completely kill the twu/iam represented mechanic group thru-out the airline industry. They are scared to death and will do anything, say anything, and even keep a completely false card drive at SWA with the twu going just to try and fight off this massive growth within our industry for a Class and Craft AMFA Mechanics representational entity.

Facts are facts, don't fall for the rhetoric BS of two yahoos spreading misinformation and lies just to fight off a "CURRENT" very active card drive at AA for AMFA representation. As I leave proof below as well. Gotta love transparency...

P
Playground business in Owasso must be slow this time of the year for you to be spending all this time "arguing" with three stooges I guess?

Yes, very true sir.

[QUOTE="JimmyBop, post: 1375547, m...rguing" with three stooges I guess? [/QUOTE]
Yes, very true sir.

Something tells me this rant was triggered by this TWU posting that has got AMFA on their heels from the shop floor's reactions. I notice you have nothing to say about Dave Stewart's published statement to a fellow AA mechanic and the $100.000 + dollars of dues money you spent last go around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-160916_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-160916_Chrome.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 84

Something tells me this rant was triggered by this TWU posting that has got AMFA on their heels from the shop floor's reactions. I notice you have nothing to say about Dave Stewart's published statement to a fellow AA mechanic and the $100.000 + dollars of dues money you spent last go around.

Yes that was Dave Stewart who is one of the lead organizers at AA in TUL who made that statement. And he’s not the only one who thinks that way either.

And yet the so called Leadership of AMFA who themselves are mostly SWA AMT’s authorized over $100,000 of their dues money to help support themselves being voted out of the top jobs.

That’s like using your own Saw to cut your own throat.

Reactions: JimmyBop
Yes that was Dave Stewart who is one of the lead organizers at AA in TUL who made that statement. And he’s not the only one who thinks that way either.

And yet the so called Leadership of AMFA who themselves are mostly SWA AMT’s authorized over $100,000 of their dues money to help support themselves being voted out of the top jobs.

That’s like using your own Saw to cut your own throat.
Bret just looking to not have to move out of Oklahoma to run his contracting business. But then again, he did state to the Federal Election Commission that he is "retired."

The two propagandist's from American aren't getting it. They are in denial. There is no twu card drive at Southwest. If you asked any random mechanic about a twu card drive, they would reply: "What is a twu?" The only evidence that they tried one was propaganda left on employee windshields in the parking lots, which blew away in the wind, along with their card drive. These two clowns are perpetrating a fraud. Trying to create an illusion of a twu card drive that simply does not exist.

Reactions: SWAMECH
The two propagandist's from American aren't getting it. They are in denial. There is no twu card drive at Southwest. If you asked any random mechanic about a twu card drive, they would reply: "What is a twu?" The only evidence that they tried one was propaganda left on employee windshields in the parking lots, which blew away in the wind, along with their card drive. These two clowns are perpetrating a fraud. Trying to create an illusion of a twu card drive that simply does not exist.
They're in your head too!

Yep I’m sure the AMFA thugs would just give a rousing round of applause 👏 to all those people sending in TWU cards if they knew who they were. 🤫

So if you want to say there’s no TWU drive (If you say so) I can say the same thing about AMFA at AA. It’s an illusion too.

Exactly, and most do in fact know this. I just reposted the sites that prove their is NO current card drive at SWA for the twu. Everything they have posted in the past was from the site on the airline divisions pages where they are fighting tooth and nail against the AMFA card drive, "currently" in progress at AA.

BTW-FYI, another thorn in their side in 2022:

LATEST NEWS
Press Release: AMFA Welcomes Spirit Maintenance Technician and Controller Employees
August 26, 2022 -- CENTENNIAL, CO – The National Mediation Board (NMB) officially announced today that Spirit Airlines Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Controllers voted overwhelmingly to elect the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) as their collective bargaining agent.
Read More

Reactions: A&P and SharoninSAT
Here’s the beauty of belonging to one of those Independent Unions that people don’t think about. Who’s watching the money?

“APFA is an independent union and does not have a parent body to scrutinize the actions of the National Officers. Therefore, changes to the Policy Manual are necessary to ensure financial transparency and integrity. Earlier this month, your APFA Board of Directors unanimously approved a resolution that updates and clarifies the APFA credit card policy. Once the minutes of the meeting are available, we will send a communication detailing the changes”

26C20591-8282-4526-AE35-A6A50CE1EA1D.jpegE852D7FB-04FE-4565-8636-49E8F7190547.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyBop
Exactly, and most do in fact know this. I just reposted the sites that prove their is NO current card drive at SWA for the twu. Everything they have posted in the past was from the site on the airline divisions pages where they are fighting tooth and nail against the AMFA card drive, "currently" in progress at AA.

BTW-FYI, another thorn in their side in 2022:

LATEST NEWS
Press Release: AMFA Welcomes Spirit Maintenance Technician and Controller Employees
August 26, 2022 -- CENTENNIAL, CO – The National Mediation Board (NMB) officially announced today that Spirit Airlines Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Controllers voted overwhelmingly to elect the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) as their collective bargaining agent.
Read More
Thank you Sharon :)

• Haha
Reactions: A&P and WeAAsles