Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leadership at Flight Attendant Conference , Sara Gonzales, Melissa Brennan and Marche Cooper. Next picture is District 142 President Dave Supplee.

12565585_10209076680382333_3003904547222534305_n.jpg

12400627_10209076680342332_2657692361629694682_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
sorry for going off topic a bit  but whats the difference between the 777 ER vs LR
777-232ERs have Rolls Royce Trent 895-17 engines and 328t MTOW
777-232LRs have GE GE90-110B1 engines, the wings are longer (by 13 or so feet IIRC) and the 777-300ER landing gear. MTOW of somewhere around 380 tons. The LR could have three extra fuel tanks but none of Delta's LRs have the aux tanks.

The only routes DL flies right now that really need the 77Ls are ATL-JNB (which the ER can't do at all) and LAX-SYD (which would leave cargo behind)

in the cabin DL modded the 77Es to be pretty much the exact same as the LRs.   

700UW said:
And UA and the IAM got jobs insourced.

No additional work can be outsourced until 2019 and UA approached the IAM and reopened the contract to stop outsourcing.
they got a few UAX jobs insourced while agreeing to a contract that will allow United to basically dump all of its mainline ramp over time. Oh and they kept some stations open as long as they took a big pay cut to make them competitive. 

but woohoo they got UA to put a temporary stop on outsourcing, just allowing United to get UGS geared up so it will be easier to lay everyone off in a few years. 

Man what a big win  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

townpete said:

Looks to me like they sold out the group.

Nice job at the back-pedaling tho.....
thats because they did. 

700UW said:
12573195_1096968363660559_4148938672288904704_n.jpg

Delta decides to remove 1 position from the 777

Allison says it saves the company $5 million a year.

So, we work short, work harder, don't receive short crew pay like our industry peers AND we're supposed to take home the coveted JD Power and Associates award.

Truth is, it's just one more giveback to pay for our raise. Sad indeed.

Request your card NOW: http://www.iamdelta.net/acard/

#StillHere
#StillRight
#IAMSigning
This is the kind of stupidity that is exactly why people like me wont join a union. 

why in the hell should I expect Delta to staff extra FAs if the load is light and they aren't needed. Same stupid crap as expecting 8 hour work days and no 24/7 coverage. 
This is exactly what I have been harping on. Unions like the IAM focus on stuff like this but don't say a friggin word about issues that really matter (ie JV outsourcing). I see the same damn issue over at AA. 8 hour work days only, GMAFB. 

My advise to anyone at Delta, you want a union, start one in-house with people who live in 2015, not the 1940s. 

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with your overall sentiment, but many people here have been down the in-house road; it doesn't work.

IMHO, it's much more preferable to go with an existing group, and structure it to suit your needs. DL is already a "unique" place anyway...

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
I agree with your overall sentiment, but many people here have been down the in-house road; it doesn't work.

IMHO, it's much more preferable to go with an existing group, and structure it to suit your needs. DL is already a "unique" place anyway...
I disagree. Example the strongest FA union is, IMO, the APFA. I'm also a much bigger APA fan than I am ALPA. 

Delta is a unique place, it is going to be less militant than what the big trade unions want to be. I also feel like Delta people are more willing to work with the company and have a better business sense than anyone I have see working at(not for, AT) the big trade unions. The propaganda piece above is a perfect example, hey lets b**ch about the company being more efficient on 18 airplanes (even though, as Baba pointed out they do it on the bulk of the international fleet already) and find ways to complain about at 14.5% (+1%) raise. 
In other words, we want to be able to be lazy when loads are lighter vs working just as hard as we do at heavy loads. That is the kind of stupidity and laziness that bothers me about unions like the IAM. 

This is why I always point out unions like the IAM and TWU not wanting to go to 24/7 coverage and having some 10-12 hour shifts. Guess what, they do it on the line, why in the hell shouldn't it be done in base? That is exactly the kind of crap that puts a divide in the work group. That kind of shortsightedness only helps management get more concessions in the end. 
On top of that, I personally think you are dumb to want 8 hour shifts. I want my 13.3s back dammit! (and preferably lets open mon/tues/weds 13.3 lines  B)  )

seriously though, I think its crap like the above that will keep a union out of the FA group and if they get in (by the skin of their teeth) you will just have a big ugly divided group. Management wins, The IAM wins, the FA lose. (granted, that is how the IAM seems to like it but still) 

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
thanks dawg     I just did not know the difference in regards to range payload etc   
Welcome. 

Delta's 777-232ERs are some of the highest preforming models in the industry but the LR still has better legs/payload. 

topDawg said:
I disagree. Example the strongest FA union is, IMO, the APFA. I'm also a much bigger APA fan than I am ALPA. 

Delta is a unique place, it is going to be less militant than what the big trade unions want to be. I also feel like Delta people are more willing to work with the company and have a better business sense than anyone I have see working at(not for, AT) the big trade unions. The propaganda piece above is a perfect example, hey lets b**ch about the company being more efficient on 18 airplanes (even though, as Baba pointed out they do it on the bulk of the international fleet already) and find ways to complain about at 14.5% (+1%) raise. 
In other words, we want to be able to be lazy when loads are lighter vs working just as hard as we do at heavy loads. That is the kind of stupidity and laziness that bothers me about unions like the IAM. 

This is why I always point out unions like the IAM and TWU not wanting to go to 24/7 coverage and having some 10-12 hour shifts. Guess what, they do it on the line, why in the hell shouldn't it be done in base? That is exactly the kind of crap that puts a divide in the work group. That kind of shortsightedness only helps management get more concessions in the end. 
On top of that, I personally think you are dumb to want 8 hour shifts. I want my 13.3s back dammit! (and preferably lets open mon/tues/weds 13.3 lines  B)  )

seriously though, I think its crap like the above that will keep a union out of the FA group and if they get in (by the skin of their teeth) you will just have a big ugly divided group. Management wins, The IAM wins, the FA lose. (granted, that is how the IAM seems to like it but still)
Those are valid points, but you can't have a discussion about APFA without having one about PFAA.

I just think that an in-house union would either get crushed really fast, or become a glorified EIG/FIT type deal in short order.

I also agree that any vote should be overwhelming. No one wins with 52-48, ya know?

As for 8's, I'm assuming that comment was a general one, and not directed at me; I've been pushing for 10's forever, and would take 13.3's in a heartbeat.

Yep, only gripe I have right now is no 12's or 13.3's and the only reason I can figure they did away with them is having to pay those, working those hours, 12 or 13.3 hours per holiday.
Do I want a union, just to get them back? Nope!

southwind said:
Yep, only gripe I have right now is no 12's or 13.3's and the only reason I can figure they did away with them is having to pay those, working those hours, 12 or 13.3 hours per holiday.
Do I want a union, just to get them back? Nope!

Is your shop just a Monday-Friday shop? Guess just 8 hour shifts
Company said, at least in the hangar, production was dropping off hard in the last few hours of the shift and moving to 12s (plus a make up day) would increase production. How true is this? No idea

I know when we "voted" on what we wanted 4/10s won for the week shifts but the super seniors cried enough to get a revote. Magically the next vote 5/8s won.

But not joining a union to get them back. Dumb reason to want a union.

Kev3188 said:
Those are valid points, but you can't have a discussion about APFA without having one about PFAA.
I just think that an in-house union would either get crushed really fast, or become a glorified EIG/FIT type deal in short order.
I also agree that any vote should be overwhelming. No one wins with 52-48, ya know?
As for 8's, I'm assuming that comment was a general one, and not directed at me; I've been pushing for 10's forever, and would take 13.3's in a heartbeat.
Honestly I don't know much about the PFAA

It was on the IAM/TWU opener.
Things like what times a shop is open, shifts etc. is stuff I don't want the union to worry about. Shop changes and you don't like it, bid out. You work for a 24/7/365 company and expect to work a 9-5 job? No go work at a bank if that is what you are looking for.
If I join a union I want the focus on the big issues, scope, pay, health care, retirement, and some work rules. I would want a clear proces when things do change we don't get a "whoops, revote" till we fit the company/Union/senior mamas agenda.
But at the end of the day deciding that a shop needs to add a line to run overnight cause volume is high is above my pay grade. Seniority makes it fair and we all have to or had to cut our teeth in this industry.

townpete said:

Tell that to the XJT FA's 
who've been
waiting/wasting
4 years with IAM 
http://www.iamdl142.org/iam-requests-proffer-of-arbitration-in-effort-to-conclude-negotiations-with-expressjet/

After more than five years of negotiations, IAM International President Bob Martinez today requested that the National Mediation Board (NMB) issue a “proffer of arbitration” to the IAM and ExpressJet in an attempt to conclude the years-long contract negotiations.

A “proffer of arbitration” can be requested and/or refused by either party and is a legally mandated step in contract negotiations under the Railway Labor Act (RLA).  If both sides accept the proffer—or offer—of arbitration, then a neutral arbitrator would have the power to impose contractual terms based on both parties’ proposals.  If the proffer of arbitration is denied by either party, then a 30-day countdown would commence leading to the exercise of “self-help” by either party—strike and/or lockout—if no agreement is reached in the interim.

At the conclusion of the 30-day cooling off period and prior to a strike or lockout, the President of the United States could establish a Presidential Emergency Board (PEB).  The PEB would offer recommendations on how to settle the dispute. If both parties still cannot reach agreement, then both parties would be free to exercise self-help or Congress could intervene and legislate a resolution.  Click here to view the RLA collective bargaining process summary.

It is critical that all IAM members understand that our request for a proffer of arbitration is a necessary step to move this process along and ultimately secure the contract you deserve.  We must, however, prepare for the real possibility that the Company does not share your commitment to attaining the industry-best contract you have waited much too long to achieve.

Our power to achieve our goals is directly related to our unity and solidarity.  We must all demand the fairness and respect that we deserve.  The fact is, the Company has dragged its feet for too long and every day that passes without a genuine effort to attain an agreement is a slap in our face.
Now is the time to put all political differences aside and demand an INDUSTRY-LEADING CONTRACT!!!  Now is the time to come together and demand the company sit down and negotiate fairly!  CONTRACT NOW!!!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please contact your local base representative for more information.

Fraternally,
Dave Supplee

Status
Not open for further replies.