US Airways Pilots Labor Thread 12/16-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Here is the new pilot's thread for the week.

We're getting tired of repeating this, but there will be NO personal attacks, comments, insults, or other remarks aimed at individuals or other posters.

Posts containing personal attacks/comments/insults will be deleted in their entirety without comment, and continued attacks will result in lengthy suspensions.

We realize that this is a polarizing issue for all involved, but you still need to keep it civil.

This applies to EVERYONE.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

The most recent exchanges I have read on this forum remind me of a similar dialogue I heard just last night. Except last night it was my teenage daughters arguing over whether to see "Twilight" or "Four Christmases".

Really, the mods should suspend this thread until the judge rules. Then the usual suspects can resume the "My Plane (or paycheck) is Bigger Than Yours Is" dialogue. Till then, Happy Holidays.
Remember there ARE far more important things in life.

Just look at President Bush. He's been waiting for the other shoe to drop for 8 years and instead someone threw it at him.

It could happen here.

From AOL:

Once again we cannot emphasis enough the importance that every pilot read through all of the legal materials contained in either that web page, or in USAPA's “Litigation Library.â€￾ The issues are straightforward and most of the documents are easy to understand. We would encourage every pilot to study these documents and judge for themselves the merits of USAPA's legal position. If anything, every US Airways pilot should read Judge Wake's Order dated November 20, 2008 because that Order speaks directly to the entire foundation of USAPA. Bradford and company sold the East pilots on USAPA using a strained and twisted interpretation of past case law which at this point is highly unlikely to survive the scrutiny of a federal judge. USAPA's self-appointed leadership will be entrenched at least until next April which is past the trial date and likely past the time when a determination of USAPA's liability will be published. At this point there does not appear to be many options for the average East pilot who is still grinding life out under LOA 93 and under the empty promises from the gang of USAPA charlatans. But as the cliché goes, “knowledge is power,â€￾ and we recommend that every pilot (East and West) read, digest, and discuss with their fellow pilots what is happening. Now is the time for all to consider the reality of what is likely to come out of Courtroom 504 of the Sandra Day O'Connor United States Courthouse next February.

v1 wrote on the previous thread:

"PS:
Parker quote of the day:

(when asked about NIC being THE list...)

"Of course not...."

(PHX crew news)

read it and weep. "

The only thing Parker did is get himself an invite to appear in front of the Judge with that comment.

Note that he does state that section 4A of the transition agreement will be complied with. His last comment in that segment was and effort to keep both sides on tilt.

He isn't stupid, he knows what the answer is to the question, you expect him to say it on tape?

Why do you think the company has responded to the NAC on every issue except this one?

Really, the mods should suspend this thread until the judge rules. Then the usual suspects can resume the "My Plane (or paycheck) is Bigger Than Yours Is" dialogue. Till then, Happy Holidays.
Remember there ARE far more important things in life.

But where would we then go to see our fill of entertaining and idiotic posts?.

I know for the west, seeing the posts of V1cut, eastUS, Nostradomas and others only deepens our resolve. I'm sure others have the same impact on east pilots. Of course, the problem as you are also aware is that it deepens the chasm between the two pilot groups even further.

Maybe, after the judge rules we'll be able to start putting Humpty-Dumpty back together again. I could be wrong, but I don't think USAPA is up to the task. Simply too many individuals associated with USAPA have used it to damage west pilots. Although, I'm not an ALPA fan (not many are) I do see it as being the best option to give us some "adult supervision". Regarding the two-year limitation on voting for union representation; I would doubt that applies if the current union has been bankrupted or otherwise disolved.

And most importantly I almost forgot,

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

One more question for this highly esteemed panel :lol: :lol: :lol: :

Do the recent actions of the company such as:

Hemenway's letter to Bradford which caused USAPA to distance themselves from the (BOS?) notice to pilots reminding them that they can drop time, and

The company refusing to negotiate the needed protections in the ASAP program, and

The slow progress in contract negotiations, and

other actions, all indicate that they intend to take every liberty possible with our current contracts knowing that USAPA is an impotent, divided "union", incapable of enforcing our contracts or protecting our fellow pilots?

And if this is correct, how many years/subsequent contracts will it take for us (as a united group) to negotiate the return of these items and the group leverage that USAPA has squandered?

america west pilot update in march 2008.

THE WAR AGAINST USAPA

"Although the election is far from over, there are plans in place to destroy USAPA should they prevail as our bargaining agent. We’ve already announced the formation of the America West Airlines Pilots Protective Association (AWAPPA), and the website is up and running at www.awappa.org. In addition, you should have started receiving email communications from AWAPPA that detail, in part, the plans to ensure USAPA fails in its quest to disadvantage America West pilots. If you have not received these emails, please adjust your spam settings to allow emails from [email protected] and/or send an email to that address.

The plan entails a comprehensive legal strategy to be executed by Bredhoff and Kaiser PLLC (the same firm that represented us during the merger), as well as a political strategy to be executed by all 1,800 of us."

Fraternally,

Captain John McIlvenna
AWA MEC Chairman

The west pilots insulted an attorney and did not give him his say in this video. Then at the end of this video the west pilots pulled out the race card, yet they are all white.

Note treasurer Mark King commenting at the end of this video about this "mature" group of west pilots giving the finger throughout the meeting.

The US Airways East pilots were on camera, in front trying to hold a meeting. The america west pilots were the ones heard in the background acting like children.

west pilots version of allowing freedom of speech

"Don't you mean magnetic variation correction?"

Ya...hahahha....that is the original saying for mag var, but I use it for cruising altitudes too, being a rookie and all. I like the east is odd, west is best(i mean even) one too.

Sorry you EAST people don't like the saying..its just the way it is. Kinda like binding arbitration!!

You may not like my handle, but I really LOATHE the way you highjacked my union away from me and all the benefits that came with it. I want you all to know that everytime you see my handle!

The lack of defense of the actions of your group from the west, is noted sir.

Intelligent minds crave your opinion, more than their documented actions on video. Your retort and the substance of such is evidence of the cornerstone of what the fabric of this society is proud of.

In layman's terms sir, bull ####.

You may not like my handle, but I really LOATHE the way you highjacked my union away from me and all the benefits that came with it. I want you all to know that everytime you see my handle!
Is that the same union you guys tried to vote out years ago and now want to hide behind?

"Don't you mean magnetic variation correction?"

Ya...hahahha....that is the original saying for mag var, but I use it for cruising altitudes too, being a rookie and all. I like the east is odd, west is best(i mean even) one too.

Sorry you EAST people don't like the saying..its just the way it is. Kinda like binding arbitration!!

It wasn't your union yet if you were still on probation. You did say rookie.

Intelligent minds crave your opinion, more than their documented actions on video.

Each youtube video has been transcribed and will be entered as evidence against your fake union and the ambulance chaser seham you've all hitched your wagon to.

I assure you, those videos are far more dangerous to your side and more specifically to Lee Seham and his law license.

USAPA is fighting tooth and nail to hide behind "attorney/client" privilege. That effort will fail, like every other effort USAPA has spearheaded, (aside from proving to the world that the east outnumbers the west).

I can't wait to see the private emails sent between your esteemed leaders. I wonder what they're scared of?

america west pilot update in march 2008.

THE WAR AGAINST USAPA

"Although the election is far from over, there are plans in place to destroy USAPA should they prevail as our bargaining agent.

The plan entails a comprehensive legal strategy.

Yup,

It's working beautifully too I might add.

USAPA will be gone, BK'd, or fundamentally overhauled by Summer 09. Assuming this airline is still around then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts