What Can Passengers Expect?

BTVFF

Jan 3, 2005
I've only been a member of this forum for several weeks, and have noticed the following:

1. Certain members believe customers shouldn't be allowed on the forum.
2. For very understandable reasons, many of the employees who post express a great deal of anger with the airline and their treatment by management.
3. Despite the stress the employees are undergoing, many continue to provide good service to passengers.
4. If USAirways has any hope of surviving, it needs to sell tickets.
5. With the Christmas fiasco and threats of strikes, sickouts, etc. why should a loyal frequent flier continue to choose USAirways when other carriers are available?
6. For those forum members who thrive on personal attacks on members who post OPINIONS they disagree with, it would seem more productive to respond to the opinion, not make personal attacks.

I hope the airline can survive, then thrive, and express sympathy to all present and past employees who unquestionably have gotten an unfair deal.

To survive, U needs to have a successful business strategy, not just a "bleed the employees" strategy. They need to do more than "sell tickets" also. They need to sell those tickets at a profit . . . something this management team hasn't done in near or distant memory.

SW, Jetblew, and now Delta are going to bleed U completely white in the next few weeks. And treating employees like coolies isn't a business strategy. They've had years to get their plan in operation, yet here we are after serial BKs and they still don't have a clue.

First, thanks for your kind words.

Please understand that like most internet boards, some will act like donkeys. Some are just venting their frustrations. Others seem to enjoy fanning the flames of already raw emotions. I don't understand it, but some seem to find it amusing to upset or insult others from the safety of a screen name.

Most employees I know want to give the best customer service we can. We value our customers and care about how they are treated. We are feeling somewhat hampered in our ability to do so by being understaffed in many cases and getting the blame (from management) when things go wrong.

I hope US Airways will continue to stay in business. I hope our management will come out and see just how much we do with so little. I hope our management will listen to what our customers have to say and address their needs. I wish management would listen to the employees to find out what we need to provide the service we want to give.

I hope you will continue to fly on US Airways and have good experiences.

Dea

I also work at a company where I have been for 24 years. In the last few years, the owner has concluded that the best way to "grow the business" is to bring in outsiders who he believes are smarter than those who have been running the company since he inherited it from his father. It is hard to stand by and see the effect on company morale and customer service, as well as lose business because the smart outsiders don't understand the market and believe that what works in size market area will work in another. Unfortunately, corporate america (even closly held companies) believe that the way to survive is to de-humanize the company. I'm afraid the ultimate impact will be to drive away customers and have miserable employees, and ultimately no company.

BTVFF,

You've hit the nail squarely on the head. Many times, outsiders get brought in who might be able to read a spread sheet but miss a lot of the reasons things have been done in the first place. The airline industry is a highly labor-intensive and customer needs business.

What may apppear to expendable on paper just might cost more with its elimination. Excellent customer service equals customer satisfaction and those customers tend to come back. Happy customers also spread the word about their good experiences, unhappy customers spread the word faster and farther.

Good luck to you at your place of employment. I'm afraid Corporate America is destroying itself in its quest for global dominance.

Dea

PS: Please excuse any spelling errors. I've had a long, exhausting day!