Grocery Store Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
cavalier said:
That said. You can go back to the country you crawled out from under, or if you were born here, please by all means makes us all happy and go your utopia country of preference.
This is way off topic but I need to respond to this ... Born here and grew up here, so you're stuck with me. However, if Bush's much discussed Constitutional amendment should ever be passed, I'm out of here. You can take that to bank.

i'd rather do self checkout than face you unruly agents!
you have to be one of the worst groups in the industry.
walmart even has self checkout and the other day i saw a manager THANKING customers for using the self checkout. you folks need to get a grip of reality.
just like the corvair you're an endangered species.

USFlyer said:
This is way off topic but I need to respond to this ... Born here and grew up here, so you're stuck with me. However, if Bush's much discussed Constitutional amendment should ever be passed, I'm out of here. You can take that to bank.
I will not get into a political debate. But will say I heard other BIG names saying the same thing the last election, maybe it was one of the Baldwin brothers? There are still here and I would say there is a 90% you will be too because like it or not, it ain’t much better elsewhere and if it was why is the entire planet moving here and then bitching we don't speak their language?

You're not going anywhere, just another frustrated individual. Gee do what the right wingers say: Pull up your boot straps and get on with your life and stop complaining that it's the other guy's fault.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
LOL a little tongue in cheek sarcasm...
I dunno...it sure sounded sincere...

I used to live in Texas. Many of the people I knew there had those opinions without the tongue in cheek.

Hello all,just a quick question. How can any pro-union man or woman in south western pa go to a union grocery store and use self check out? I believe the cashiers are members of IBT or COMMERCIAL FOOD WORKERS unions. So much for brotherhood.Also the turnpike is self sufficent, NO TAX DOLLARS.Let er rip.

mr peabody said:
Hello all,just a quick question. How can any pro-union man or woman in south western pa go to a union grocery store and use self check out? I believe the cashiers are members of IBT or COMMERCIAL FOOD WORKERS unions. So much for brotherhood.Also the turnpike is self sufficent, NO TAX DOLLARS.Let er rip.
Funny you ask:

I asked the exact same question before using the system, they were installing them. I asked a union member who worked there and he replied with a laugh saying it made no difference because they still needed them to watch over the machines plus had them doing other jobs. No one was furloughed and they are STILL hiring, so in this case your kindling is wet.

Folks -

Denying that technology can reduce the need for human intervention in many, but not all, cases is a waste of time and energy. ATMs, grocery store self checkout, toll booth passes, the Internet, etc. are not going away. Perhaps US is taking the "use the kiosk or die" stance a bit too often, but the kiosks are a great tool for many of us. If anything, I would like to see CCY bring some of the line agents in-house to better improve the kiosks. The agents know what does and does not work, not necessarily folks in CCY.

(And, for the record, twice this week the kiosk pissed me off. It kept claiming I had two reservations. So, the kiosk prompted for the record locator. Umm, almost no one carries the record locator around with them. Most passengers don't even know what it is. And, for those that do, often times if the reservation is booked via Apollo, for example, Apollo has its own record locator which differs from US's. The kiosk also asked for the flight number, but I was nowhere near a monitor to see what the flight number was. Of course the kiosk wouldn't allow me to look-up the flight number. Why it couldn't just bring up all the reservations I had based on my DM # is beyond me -- UA's kiosks do this even with my US FF # in UA reservations! Regardless, the agents in both cases checked me in after only a few keystrokes. What on earth did they do that the kiosks didn't?!)

On a side note...Let's not forget of course that Furloughed Non-Rev's can't check in using the kiosks.

:down:

Bob, like I said....if you want to put yourself through all of your recent trials and tribulations to avoid WN, be my guest. It is all about CHOICE.

Me personally? Call me provincial, or small minded.....but I believe that, just like the little airline serving 60 cities has a market cap bigger than the "Big Six" combined.......that the one country they fly to is better than the other 132 combined.

If you're ever fortunate enough to be in El Paso, holler at me and I will tell you where to go eat.

ELP:

Gonna be there Sunday night...about 8 blocks north of the main border crossing. Where to eat?

Depends upon what you want, but if authentic Chihuahan Mexican sounds good, try a place I usually take folks to - a local chain (4 restaurants) which originally crossed over from Juarez called Carnitas Queretaro.

They have one location not far from the airport.....it's about a mile or so east of the I-10/Airway Blvd junction on the north side of the freeway access road.

What they serve is barbecue, Mexican style. You wrap your carnitas (little bits of meat---pork or lamb, usually) in fresh-made-on-the-premises flour tortillas and slather them good with a really nice cilantro based pico de gallo...their refried beans are really good, as is their rice, but carnitas just NEED some guacamole on the side. I'm not sure why.

I've never taken anyone there that didn't emerge (a) full and (B) satisfied.

I have had some spectacular Mexican food in ELP. But I think most of the country associates "Chihuahuan Mexican" with Taco Bell. :lol:

I know, I know... :eek:ff: :lol:

Gonna be in the downtown area, a pretty nice hotel. Is one of the resturants down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.