Grocery Store Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we can bring this back on topic since we're discussing everything BUT.
Also the PM feature on here is great. I ask that more people try it out when they start back and forth on personal items. Thanks.

And people ask me why I dont post anymore? If I wanted to read political rhetoric, drivel/cheerleading about Southwest Airlines, personal insults or just plain ignorant babble I wouldnt come to a US Airways site. :rolleyes:

I guess every good message board goes downhill after awhile.

Light

Light Years said:
If I wanted to read political rhetoric, drivel/cheerleading about Southwest Airlines, personal insults or just plain ignorant babble I wouldnt come to a US Airways site.
Gee, but that's about all there is around here. :lol:

I've missed seeing your posts. Thanks for popping in. :)

(yeah, yeah, scot, I know...)

When I have a problem with the self-checkout at the grocery store, a cashier has to step in to fix the problem.

When the ATM runs out of $20 bills in the middle of the day, I can always count on the tellers to help me out inside the bank by reloading the machine.

When I call most customer service departments and can't find the right selection in their menu for my problem, usually pressing the zero button gets me to an operator who can dial the right extension.

And when a ticket kiosk refuses to print a boarding pass for a flight I booked in advance, I can easily solve the problem by finding a US Airways reservation agent to take care of the problem. (I don't fly any other airline)

Technology is great when it works, but more often than not we need people to solve the problems and situations that arise that technology cannot solve on it's own.

So, couple people who are competant with technology and let them work together. Don't sacrifice one for the other.

ELP WN said:

What's even better is I can actually USE RR tickets. Except for a handful of blackout dates, they are good any time, on any flight that has seats open, with no capacity controls. You have no idea how loudly some of my co-workers curse when they attempt to redeem SkyMiles or AAdvantage miles. Nobody here has any USAirways mile, because they don't fly here.

N628AU replies:

Obviously you are clueless, you admit yourself by saying no one has US miles. But I can tell you this. I called and booked two DM rewards from CLT to SNA. I knew part of the leg would have to be on UA from DEN, ORD, or SFO. Was talking to a rep within four minutes, put me on UA the whole way as the US inventory on these legs was full, and I got to fly from CLT where WN does not serve. Another benefit of flying US and the STAR alliance.

Honestly, this "my airline's daddy can beat up your airline's daddy" stuff has got to stop. There are plenty of reasons to choose WN, and plenty of reasons to choose US.

Where it gets funny is when someone spends three times as much money and takes three times as long to fly on two turboprops instead of one jet. But everyone has their own preferences. It's pretty clear that we're not going to change any minds in that regard.

The stuff that really needs to stop is the "nobody but poor white trash would ever set foot on WN." I haven't flown WN that much, but my experience has shown that the mix depends on the time and route...just like on the legacies. :shock:

I hate flying this time of year, because it's all families with tons of luggage who are completely unfamiliar with the security procedures. I see it at PIT and SFO as much as at any other airport...and WN doesn't serve either city. At PIT in particular, I've seen a large number of people that would look right at home on Airline. And which airline serves the most passengers at PIT? hmmm <_<

So why not dispense with the elitist attitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.