Guest pass zone fares/Parent fees

My whole point was that some parents get to pay $15, while others have to pay $30. On the ETC, it doesn't say anything about determining the cost by which cities you choose to fly to (for parents).

I gave my parents my numbers for the Hub and they go on there and make their own itenarary. I don't even have to deal with it. Then again, my parents are fairly bright and can do those types of things without my help. They don't even mind the fees. They have had it great for 17+ years and now they have to pay $15 dollars. Big freakin deal. That covers they fuel, processing, and a beverage. They also realize that this is a business and that I work for the business. I'm just glad that I can keep them on the pass, at all.

plus taxes, LOCAL taxes, FUEL tax, and any other tax each airport puts. This does add up. Book a flt for fun and you'll see what I mean.

The whole "charging parents" thing is BS. First they get taken down a peg to S4 - which I can stomach...don't like it, but I can handle it. But to then charge taxes and fees on top of that is wrong. Let them pay an annual fee or something, go willy nilly with their S4 selves, and stop the hassle of getting tickets, taking up what little time agents have, etc.

When I was a new-hire, many moons ago, and making only $10k/year, my parents were the ones who made it possible to have food on my table. Flight benefits were a "thank you" back to them for their help in my financially lean years, but that's gone now.

plus taxes, LOCAL taxes, FUEL tax, and any other tax each airport puts. This does add up. Book a flt for fun and you'll see what I mean.
It's still better than not at all. Don't get me wrong here, I likes the one time deal also. All I'm saying is that my parents don't mind paying the minimal fee. Is it the employees who are complaining or is it their parents who won't stand for this. I can't imagine my parents saying anything to me about it. When my pop was in the Air Force, they never let me fly on the aircraft either. I guess I should have bitched to him about that. Maybe they would have changed the policy. How dare they.

It's still better than not at all. Don't get me wrong here, I likes the one time deal also. All I'm saying is that my parents don't mind paying the minimal fee. Is it the employees who are complaining or is it their parents who won't stand for this. I can't imagine my parents saying anything to me about it. When my pop was in the Air Force, they never let me fly on the aircraft either. I guess I should have bitched to him about that. Maybe they would have changed the policy. How dare they.
Well I can't speak for anyone else but my parents don't know the difference because I just do everything and pay it for them (they have no idea how I do it, however they do know how to Space A on WN), so in my case it is me who doesn't want to stand for it. The other thing that ticked me about it is that Doug P. said that the parent service charge was put in place because of revenue depletion (sp?) "because these are people who would've otherwise paid for a ticket". Newsflash--My parents do not live in a hub city for US in fact they have Expressed their city and another major has a hub (in fact 2 majors) that they would spend their money on 1. because of nonstop service 2. 757/M80/737 vs. CRJ's opertated by Mesa.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but my parents don't know the difference because I just do everything and pay it for them (they have no idea how I do it, however they do know how to Space A on WN), so in my case it is me who doesn't want to stand for it. The other thing that ticked me about it is that Doug P. said that the parent service charge was put in place because of revenue depletion (sp?) "because these are people who would've otherwise paid for a ticket". Newsflash--My parents do not live in a hub city for US in fact they have Expressed their city and another major has a hub (in fact 2 majors) that they would spend their money on 1. because of nonstop service 2. 757/M80/737 vs. CRJ's opertated by Mesa.
This company doesn't owe my parents a damn thing. They feel lucky, still to have the ability to travel and a tremendously reduced price. My dad uses it more than my mom, but he ran Air Force transportation, so he knows how to travel, space A. I guess to some, things come more natural.

Not to worry, my parents just don't want to deal with the bs of it all. It's one thing to give a benefit, but to give it and then take it away goes agaist the taking of the good from both airlines line which has now turned into a line of crap.

I can pay for my parents travel. Heck, THEY can pay for their travel, but one of the personally fun things for me was for my parents to come along on long layovers to places they may have never been. That was fun. The hassle isn't worth the $$ spent. It is just a shame that after all we have given back that this couldn't be extended. Anyway, most parents don't use this "revenue generating" benefit THAT often. Most of all, the best of both turned out to be nothing but lies!! :ph34r:

Oh, and btw, the company doesn't owe YOU or ANY of us a damn thing. Only a paycheck. It's called keeping your word...something East has grown apathetic to for years and something Doug Parker has decided to embrace. ;)

This company doesn't owe my parents a damn thing. They feel lucky, still to have the ability to travel and a tremendously reduced price. My dad uses it more than my mom, but he ran Air Force transportation, so he knows how to travel, space A. I guess to some, things come more natural.
Well I'm not sure what is up your butt, however I never said that this company owes my parents a damn thing. I will tell you this, I'm now in my 30's, have 10 years with the company and my parents have had to help me through the last 5 (not the first 5 but the last 5). Combined my parents make well over 6 figures and my mom is Executive Platinum on AA so money and "how things come more natural" are certainly not an issue here. To be honest they would rather just pay for a ticket and I have to beg them to fly on my pass so I can feel like I am actually giving them something. I feel it is an honor to give them this privelege (and they feel privileged to have it) but when it comes to paying as much as a ZED or service fee costs on another airline along with the ETC which consistantly messes up, and the reasoning behind the SVC fee it's not worth it to fly on an unreliable Express carrier. Like I said before if they would go back to the yearly fee it would make it a little easier to swallow.

Not to worry, my parents just don't want to deal with the bs of it all. It's one thing to give a benefit, but to give it and then take it away goes agaist the taking of the good from both airlines line which has now turned into a line of crap.

I can pay for my parents travel. Heck, THEY can pay for their travel, but one of the personally fun things for me was for my parents to come along on long layovers to places they may have never been. That was fun. The hassle isn't worth the $$ spent. It is just a shame that after all we have given back that this couldn't be extended. Anyway, most parents don't use this "revenue generating" benefit THAT often. Most of all, the best of both turned out to be nothing but lies!! :ph34r:

Oh, and btw, the company doesn't owe YOU or ANY of us a damn thing. Only a paycheck. It's called keeping your word...something East has grown apathetic to for years and something Doug Parker has decided to embrace. ;)
Agreed totally, you summed up exactly what I wanted to say and in all the right words.

Latest posts