Handbilling

:down: READ .TRY reading the Modifed IAM term sheet
QUOTE ; THE following provisions will be applicable for mainline city closures as described below wherethe announcement of such closure is following the effective date of this agreement.

IN other words you guy are screwed and we arent going to help you.

Once again you fail to realize YOUR coworkers and probably yourself ratified the contract, blame yourself, YOU CHOSE to take the layoff, no one forced you.

And there are thousands of US employees who had to have moved to keep their jobs, you chose not to so accept the consequences of your actions.

UCA, TPA, SYR, GSO, EWR, DTW, DAY, CVG, INT, GSO,ROA, RDU, SAN, IND, and numerous other maintenance stations have closed, and those employees are not on the boards whining, accept the truth, you chose to be laid off, not the anyone else made that decision for you.

Bob, you got some right and some wrong.

Fleet Service employees were non-union until 1995, they ratified their first contract in 1999. They did not pay dues until a first contract was ratified.

During concessions new contracts were reached where ALL fleet service employees employed at US Airways had the choice to vote yes or no on concessions. Meetings were held to explain the new agreements before they were voted on. They were negotiated by fellow fleet service employees. The rank and file membership voted the concessions in so all the fleet service was governed under the new contract.

When a fleet service station is closed they are given a list from the company of where they can transfer to another city to maintain their employment. (fleet service has a different procedure then the mechanic and related, do forgive me if I don't get it all).

So when 28years worked at STL, the company closed the station for mainline flying, 28 was given the opportunity to transfer to another city to maintain his employment, he chose not too, so he made the choice not the IAM.

And I guess he is in denial of the choices he made and has to blame someone else for his choice instead of looking in the mirror and realizing he chose his own destiny.

Mechanics spread message

By Thomas Olson
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, March 6, 2004

US Airways mechanics took their case against jet maintenance outsourcing to the passengers Friday, distributing leaflets at Pittsburgh International Airport decrying job losses and other management moves.

Article

Jim

I think I would rather have a official USAIRWAYS mechanic working on a plane me or my family is on than letting it go to the cheapest person who can pick up a wrench....If ya know what I mean....when travelling at 35,000 feet....

What is the matter, do you not feel comfortable with "Jose" working on you aircraft??? Who needs a licensed mechanic........