Machinists Win Major Dispute

delldude said:
Machinists Union Prevents US Airways
From Subcontracting Maintenance
:blink: OK... so this is what they mean when they say, "... just waiting for the other shoe to drop!" Congrats to all Maintenace and all unions on a victorious FIRST battle. Just watch out for the real meaning of the word "VINDICTIVE" to surface next! :unsure:

Amen on the "Vindictive" part Bob !!

I think we all know it's coming with a vengence in one form or another...but when is it ever not anymore?

BTW....I have an in bound part for ya (LOL) Name withheld to protect the guilty please !!!! :D

I hope it's like the last "Mother of all " threats. ...100 hours of hostilities I can do while standing on my head.

It's real concerns like those created since the failed UA/US merger and 9-1-01 that concern me still.

Maybe with some luck and logic , the leadership will change their minds about ripping the fabric of this company apart and hopefully start trying to compete again...with our real adversaries like DL , WN and B6.

Until then...No retreat and No surrender should be labors call to arms.

WAY TO GO IAM.... !!! I hope the rest follow suit when challenged...and I'm sure they will now !!!

A few random thoughts from my very tired brain...

Piney Bob:

What do you think of our "parakeets" now? How about giving them some credit for presenting a strong and compelling case to thwart this greedy grab of IAM jobs? I know you've been strongly supportive of us in this case, and I appreciate your support sincerely, but when I stated in a previous thread the "IAM legal eagles" better be prepared, etc... you said they were more like parakeets and ignored my question as to what you think they should have done differently. Give 'em some kudos! :D High fives!

Chip:

It's not at all surprising to read how disappointed you sound at "labor" winning in this matter. And when someone notes that, you immediately start with the name calling, which for some reason you are allowed to do but no one else seems to be. Of course, we all know, you're "special". :rolleyes: Not one positive word from you or congratulations. Once again, you chose the wrong team to cheer for and once again, you were wrong. Face it and congratulate the IAM team for their victory and learn something.

PITbull:

Thanks for your unwavering support as always. Some very interesting times lie ahead and I am glad to have you on the right team! :up: Victory hug! Muaaah oh babeeeeee !!!!

mrplanes:

Your support has been unwavering and very much appreciated! We'll be there for you guys if we're needed... Thank you, sir.

Delldude:

Dude, I missed your prediction... did ya make another one! ;) :shock: Congrats!

Itrade:

As you well know, there is probably only one thing you and I agree on, but thanks for the legal analysis and viewpoints you share. We come from different perspectives but I do think you are fair in your assessments. Bassets rule! AROOOOOOOO

Employees of U:

Please recognize this is one small battle to stem the tide of organized mugging we have all been subjected to. Please pull together and support your fellow employees and don't fall subject to managements divide and conquer approach. Our only chance is to stick together and get some management in here that wants to run an airline!

Customers of U (especially our Cockroaches):

We need your vocal support to turn this thing around and make this a full service, dependable, on time, professional operation. Let your voices be heard in consumer affairs and demand excellence. We want to get you where you want to go, on time, with your bags, and make your experience a positive one... but we are being sabotaged by a regime that is setting us up to fail.

IAM Legal:

thanks for doing your homework and presenting a strong case. :up:

Also a special thanks to our fellow employees at UAL and other carriers who come here to offer support and encouragement. :up: Good luck in your battles also.

Savor the victory today, but prepare for many more battles ahead. :ph34r:

Let's have a party and enjoy this one for 24 hours! :p

<<<<<<<<<< This mugs on me, plenty more on tap!!

YOOHOOO!!!!
Paging Mr.
Strickfacts, Hawk, Flyonthewall, and all the other croonies.
Care to comment? Guess the judge got all his "ducks" lines up.
We will fight. Vindictivness will only make you look petty. And obvious to all.
Have a great day guys :up:

I'm going to die someday, too. I'm ready for it, despite the fact that I'm not looking forward to it. And, despite the fact that they have the aircraft to use for now it does not address the fact that they are going to lose this, and lose it big. What about this time next year, when more than a dozen airbii are up for the S check? Then what?

Further, while Robert Cindrich is a Clinton nominated democrat, he seems to have a pretty good track record from what I can find, and the fact remains that he issued a preliminary injunction not a temporary restraining order. Ergo, US is probably going to lose the appeal to get the injunction lifted, and if they do, it will probably get remanded to Cindrich who can then issue a TRO.

US had one card to play in this battle, and that was the "we don't have the facilities and tooling" line. This particular judge said it was bunk, and the reasoning is unlikely to be overturned on appeal.

Further, and perhaps more to the point, the judge basically stated that US is indeed attempting to unilaterally modify the CBA and thus making a major dispute. Given that US was not prepared to offer any more evidence than they did, this is very unlikely to get overturned on appeal. Thus, even if the injunction is lifted, it would seem that this is still a major dispute, thus opening the door for self-help--which US would most likely not be able to overcome if it were to come to pass.

Dave can do anything he wants, if we let him!!! If he reduces the fleet, we should act swiftly.

To all of the IAM MECHANICS, I do send my congradulations to all for such a swift victory may the crooks of ccy learn an awful lesson--Dont Mess With The Employees! Hope all will be done swiftly thru the appeals process!

We again call upon the IAM to work with the company to settle this disagreement.

Looks to me that the IAM has attempted to work with the company. The work is ours so let us do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Congradulations on winning battle number 1.........

Now, Let's try and get some stations that went MAINLINE EXPRESS
BACK TO MAINLINE.

It's not FUN working for $13.01 per hour.

There are alot of employees who have lost good jobs
while others have stood by and did nothing.

Why is that......

Do we only care about are own group.

Let's get other cities back to where they were.

Let's get more airplanes and make money and not give are passengers
away to the other carriers.

LET'S WAKE UP AND TAKE THIS AIRLINE BACK TO WHAT IT CAN BE.

BOOT DAVE AND DAVE OUT......... :up: :up: :up: :up:

Congratulations...one for the good guys, IAM

Stand up to them. The battles a long one. Dave Lorenzo go suck a lemon

Beware of the Crystal Palace, their lurking everywhere.