Handbilling

700UW said:
US Airways employees represented by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) will conduct informational picketing to protest US Airways’ treatment of its employees and passengers.

What: Informational picketing and handbilling.
Well let's hope someone proofreads and spell-checks the handbills this time.

Another waste of time, money, and energy, ineffective and pointless.

And I mean this "Sincerly" haha :D (Some of you know what I mean!)

D

I have seen the flyers, they are correct.

I guess Frank S in PIT did not have spell check working when the bus shirts were made, lol!

USA320Pilot said:
Personally I do not think the flying public cares about informational picketing. What the public wants is the lowest possible fare at the time they desire to travel.

Furthermore, a couple of hours of picketing may feel good, but it will not do much or shift sentiment.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
If you really believe the flying public in totality only cares about fares and not one whit about the people that make flying happen, then I am afraid you have lost your perspective and are looking only at yourself. People do care and when they stop caring that's when you better start caring a whole hell of a lot, because we all are in deep trouble.

USA320Pilots views are a load of self-serving manure !!!

I know for fact that people are concerned about their in-flight safety.

I have had hundreds of conversations with people and when they find out that I work for "Brand X Airways" the conversation will ultimately turn to one of two prime topics with all certainty.

(1) The safety of the Acft...and who's performing the work? (Thank the media and the leadership of these carriers for that)

(2) The high cost of tickets in a Hub City.

One topic or the other is always the concern...and sometimes it's both.

AOG-N-IT said:

I have had hundreds of conversations with people and when they find out that I work for "Brand X Airways" the conversation will ultimately turn to one of two prime topics with all certainty.

(1) The safety of the Acft...and who's performing the work? (Thank the media and the leadership of these carriers for that)

Don't you think you can take credit along with others on these boards for the questions people have about the safety of our aircraft.

The company is not the one constantly going on and on about how not to trust third party outfits.

PITMTC said:
AOG-N-IT said:

Don't you think you can take credit along with others on these boards for the questions people have about the safety of our aircraft.

The company is not the one constantly going on and on about how not to trust third party outfits.
I believe the media is doing a fine job on it's own accord.

I'll gladely take a degree of credit for making the truth clearer to those whom are intelligent enough to accept it. :p

cavalier said:
USA320Pilot said:
Personally I do not think the flying public cares about informational picketing. What the public wants is the lowest possible fare at the time they desire to travel.

Furthermore, a couple of hours of picketing may feel good, but it will not do much or shift sentiment.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
If you really believe the flying public in totality only cares about fares and not one whit about the people that make flying happen, then I am afraid you have lost your perspective and are looking only at yourself. People do care and when they stop caring that's when you better start caring a whole hell of a lot, because we all are in deep trouble.
Captain Munn looking only at himself? Thats a shock!!!!!!!!!!!!! Savy

PineyBob said:
I just think IAM has lost this whole thing big time and I am not saying they did anything wrong, I think no matter what happens in arbitration one way or another that US has a plan ready that will hurt IAM and maybe even kill it as the union that represents mechs at US.
Where do you come up with this? The IAM has not lost anything and we will prevail in arbitration, we have tons of facts to prove the case, even the company's own contract proposals over the years when they ask for relief in the scope.
And there is no "painful" clause in our contract as A320Pilot has been drumming but yet can never produce it.

You been talking to Mr Munn?

pitguy said:
My guess is is you did not care about the IAM when they picketed for their strike in 1992 either.
The entire USAir pilot group, except those who were on the street, SCABBED against the IAM. Yes, that is the correct word. I remember hearing from ALPA that "by flying we're really going to help the IAM hurt the company".

Sickened in DENVER,CO

Bob, if they move the work to a new base, they have to pay for the move and houses, it would cost them more in the long run.

PineyBob said:
I'd like to see that one in writing. Most relocation packages only cover the difference between the house you sold and the one you bought if the one you bought is of a higher price and is "Comparable". More litigation/arbitration. If 2500 let's say are effected and the 35% or so that moved in the Mack situation move here that means that once they go through the furlough list they hire off the street at bottom of scale. If 50% are new hire they will eat up the moving expenses in under 6 months just from converting 50% from top of scale to entry level.
Why do you need to see it Bob?

BEST OF LUCK GUYS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IM WITH YOU 110%.........

USA320Pilot said:

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Customers want cheap fares. That is why US Airways is in trouble today. LCCs offer low fares, customers want them and buy them and now the LCCs are drowning the US Airways network and that is what is causing the cost pressure.

BUT, to say customers do not care about picketing is not completely accurate. I think customers take notice and care in some cases.

If US Airways was producing $500 million dollar profits and then started outsourcing to make $600 million, then I could see outsiders caring about those picketing, but not in this case.

It's just hard to get public sympathy these days for employees who are picketing a company that is losing tons of money and getting intense competitive pressure by airlines that outsource the exact work the IAM is picketing to keep.

It is a troubling situation, but difficult to get a huge public outcry.