Machinists Win Major Dispute

delldude said:
there are rumors of several airbuses in the desert...let it be known,they have been overhauled....however...your union has verbage that these aircraft cannot be returned to USAIRWAYS service unless they have been inducted for service with another airline and sent back to the desert.
Could you provide a bit more background on that statement?

If that's the case, then US is indeed going to have an operational problem on their hands.

the a/c in the desert were returned to lessor and overhauled.they can't be brought back to U as a way of circumventing the contract.if they come back it would have to be after having be leased by someone like america west and then again returned to that lessor then released by U.
and you are quite correct,the CCY gang has gotten themselves into a fine little predicamint.

QUOTE= PineyBob,Oct 21 2003, 05:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe it would be prudent to hear what Siegel and Glass have to say.
Maybe by doing that you can somehow strengthen your position.

Maybe you can negotiate some staffing levels that protect you from further downside risk. Like exchanging these 10 Airbusses for specific headcount on property and a tighter scope of work.

The point is maybe you can avoid the crap shoot that is any court of law. What does it hurt to hear what they have to say??

----------------------------------------------------------------

Bob !!!!!!!!

When you're right, you're right.

When you're wrong, you're bad wrong.

Brother, you are way off base here. Glass, Siegel, et al, have ZERO credibility and trust. There will be NO negotiation with them on Airbus work. They will never be able to lead this company. They must go, and soon.

Bullies can only be dealt with from a position of strength. There is no negotiation with someone that wants to steal from my family. This is war.

:down: Two thumbs down on that post PB... :down:

Your mug privileges are in jeopardy. (just kiddin') :D

Bob,

You must realize by now, that this managment can not negotiate. You go into a room with them, and they threaten and intimidate the leadership. They will say, "ok, if you don't convince your members this, that, or the other thing, we will just have to go into Chapter 11 again, and bring down the fleet, and blah, blah, blah, blah. This is what they do. There is no "reasonability, NEVER a "middle ground", or good faith negotiations with THIS type of management that has "inflicted" our carrier.

No. I would not recommend discussions with this managment without a Federal Judge pressent. AND ABSOLUTELY NO ARBITRATOR!

Bob,

The last thing one would want to do is open up the contracts. In labor law that would be a grave mistake. When you have the work in your contract you have jobs. There is no way the new Lorenzo would agree to anything that would not benefit him and we in maintenance would only have language to lose and nothing to gain. It would be a terrible mistake for us.

--A liar is a liar and if the new Lorenzo fits the bill so be it.

Bob,

Your comment: "Especially in light of the fact that under his management team, US has failed to turn a profit or boost employee morale. I would also point out that empowered, happy and motivated employees are far more productive then the beaten down, berated, unrespected and unappreciated work force at US. That the more productive a workforce is the more they contribute to the bottom line. "

PITbull comments: Your quote above is what I have been saying on these boards for the last 9 months!

You use to say, "live to fight another day". Remember?

And I said.....TODAY IS THAT DAY.

My comments on this issue were to provide information, period. To suggest otherwise is simply wrong and likely an emotional versus logical thought process.

I was the first one on this website who let IAM members know the A320 family aircraft outsourcing plan was on the horizon, only to be criticized by Lavman and others. Then the attempt to contract the "S" checks happened.

Was it better to know the outsourcing attack was about to occur, so the IAM legal staff could prepare for the battle, or would it have been better to be surprised?

Now, is it better to know information about 2 A319s being returned from the desert to meet the 279 fleet count, while 2 A319s sit in Alabama or not?

Moreover, is it better for readers know information about the appeal process or not?

Regards,

Chip

Chip Munn said:
My comments on this issue were to provide information, period. To suggest otherwise is simply wrong and likely an emotional versus logical thought process.

I was the first one on this website who let IAM members know the A320 family aircraft outsourcing plan was on the horizon, only to be criticized by Lavman and others. Then the attempt to contract the "S" checks happened.

Was it better to know the outsourcing attack was about to occur, so the IAM legal staff could prepare for the battle, or would it have been better to be surprised?

Now, is it better to know information about 2 A319s being returned from the desert to meet the 279 fleet count, while 2 A319s sit in Alabama or not?

Moreover, is it better for readers know information about the appeal process or not?

Regards,

Chip
if these are planes that were overhauled after being returned to lessor's in BK,then we now have a new dilema and a new challange.the union will not take this lightly..