HERE COMES THE LAYOFFS

Rumors are like a-holes lately...everyone's got one. It's hilarious to hear most are about TUL. Some think layoffs in Tulsa won't affect other stations. Let the bumping, laterals and transfers begin. I'm ready to travel wherever I have to. To the lines or any other base. Ain't no thing. Whoever started this topic mimics the BS I receive in my spam mail about free money in Zimbabwe.

you will see they did it at united prevented ovehaul from bumping line stations they had no layoff clause and still layed off but hope for the best that you can follow the dead end job and be away from your families for a while or for a very very long time remember travel is getting harder to do as non rev flights are full so get a year pass on amtrac might be able to comute that way enjoy

Reactions: 1 person
Rumors are like a-holes lately...everyone's got one. It's hilarious to hear most are about TUL. Some think layoffs in Tulsa won't affect other stations. Let the bumping, laterals and transfers begin. I'm ready to travel wherever I have to. To the lines or any other base. Ain't no thing. Whoever started this topic mimics the BS I receive in my spam mail about free money in Zimbabwe.

Most of the rumors about the OH bases are coming from the OH bases, because for the first time since I been here they think their ass is on the chopping block, as far as you moving to the line goes come on out waters fine but we do operate 24/7 365 and no weekends off unless you got alot of time.

HEARD NOW JUST RUMOR THAT 2000 TO 3000 MAINT PERSONS IN TULSA LAYED OFF COMING SOON ALL OSM AND SHOPS FARMED OUT I JUST PUT IN FOR MY RETIRMENT AND HEADING BACK HOME TO ZIMBOBWAY ENJOY YOUR TIME HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU HARD WORKING MECHANICS JUST VOTE NO ALL THE WAY
I would thin that WARN letters would have to go out first. So I call BS on this RUMOR. Most likely just a troll.

Reactions: 1 person
Rumor is that AA Management intends to RIF mostly unskilled positions initially to reduce system churn, mentioned were Building Cleaners, Stock Clerks, OSM Shops, and Fleet Service. With increased outsourcing of those functions. Two reports last week of a company interested in providing complete stock clerk functions.

This isnt to say that more cuts will not come later, but the intial cuts appear to directed at those less likely or even the ability to exercise seniority options.

I am not sure what that total number would be but it will be substantial if true.

Also appears to be some some concerns regarding security, active shooter, and suicide potential, preparations, and handling.

The rumors I keep hearing would require CBA Modifications, which may explain why nothing has happened to date.

And as always, remember these are just rumors and nothing has been confimed, but make some sense from a business perspective.

I hope and pray for everyone to remain, calm, safe, and their needs to be met as we embark on difficult times.

We are basically now a bunch of little worms on a big friggin hook!

Rumor is that AA Management intends to RIF mostly unskilled positions initially to reduce system churn, mentioned were Building Cleaners, Stock Clerks, OSM Shops, and Fleet Service. With increased outsourcing of those functions. Two reports last week of a company interested in providing complete stock clerk functions.

This isnt to say that more cuts will not come later, but the intial cuts appear to directed at those less likely or even the ability to exercise seniority options.

I am not sure what that total number would be but it will be substantial if true.

Also appears to be some some concerns regarding security, active shooter, and suicide potential, preparations, and handling.

The rumors I keep hearing would require CBA Modifications, which may explain why nothing has happened to date.

And as always, remember these are just rumors and nothing has been confimed, but make some sense from a business perspective.

I hope and pray for everyone to remain, calm, safe, and their needs to be met as we embark on difficult times.

We are basically now a bunch of little worms on a big friggin hook!

Where I work, building cleaning is already outsourced to Globe, most all non-English speaking workers. As for Fleet Service, I do believe you will see TWU clerks only in Dallas, Miami, Chicago, JFK and LAX. Now what will the TWU do to save their dues?

Then again, I'm not there and I don't have any rumors to spread. This is just my opinion!

Where I work, building cleaning is already outsourced to Globe, most all non-English speaking workers. As for Fleet Service, I do believe you will see TWU clerks only in Dallas, Miami, Chicago, JFK and LAX. Now what will the TWU do to save their dues?

Then again, I'm not there and I don't have any rumors to spread. This is just my opinion!
There might be room in Title I for everyone.....

Most of the rumors about the OH bases are coming from the OH bases, because for the first time since I been here they think their ass is on the chopping block, as far as you moving to the line goes come on out waters fine but we do operate 24/7 365 and no weekends off unless you got alot of time.
That's cool. I'm averaging 80hrs a week anyhow and am on Sunday coverage. Thnx

Latest posts