Cohiba

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Who the heck do you think you are...?
A secret sign for frequent flier ''pests''
By STEVE HUETTEL, Times Staff Writer
© St. Petersburg Times
published December 2, 2002
Bob Johnson (a.k.a. PineyBob) of Mystic Island, N.J., says he and fellow cockroaches like the airline and go out of their way to fly it. But they are offended that executives such as Baldanza don''t consider them loyal because they don''t pay top dollar.
I swear to god if I see that pin, you will not board my plane!!
Where did you get that quiz? A Cosmo mag?
1. TSA stands for Thousands Standing Around? T F
Glad you support our security system…
2. 100 segments are required to achieve Chairman''s Preferred? T F
Glad you can add…
3. 500 miles is the minimum tier miles per segment? T F
Adding again…
4. US Air Club is FREE to Chairman''s Preferred Elites? T F
Is it always about the freebies…
5. Have you ever booked an itinerary just to earn miles or status? Y N
freebies again…
6. Have you turned down a non-stop flight just so you could earn extra segments Y N
Again…
7. The upcoming Code Share with United will be called The Chapter 22 Alliance T F
Clever… You proved you can add once again…
8. Have you Ever made 2 RT''s on The US Air Shuttle
on one weekend day in order to gain segments and triple miles? Y N
Are you freakin’ kidding me… Its US AIRWAYS shuttle
9. GOM refers to a recent promotion called Get Out More T F
See number 8…
10. The US Air Shuttle flies from LaGuardia to Washington Dulles? T F
See number 8…
11. Dash-8 is a new seasoning from Mrs. Dash? T F
See number 8…
12. Philadelphia, Charlotte & Pittsburgh are all US Air Hubs? T F
A true frequent flyer would know that the name is US AIRWAYS!
“Effective from 27 February 1997, US Air, one of the largest domestic and international carrier, was renamed US Airways and adopted a new corporate logo.â€
Glad to see you’re up to date…

Answers
1:F, 2:T, 3:T, 4:F, 5:Y, 6:Y, 7:F, 8:Y, 9:T, 10:F, 11:F, 12:T.
Scoring
10 -12 Correct - You are a stone cold certified Cockroach! Able to fly more places for less than Ben could imagine!

8-9 Correct - Jr. Cockroach! Don''t worry you''ll be a big roach soon!

6-7 Correct - Cockroach Wannabe

Less than 6 - You are spending to much time on United!
Thanks to PineyBob for creating the quiz.
Bob, you are a cockroach, by your own admission, not the company’s !
So, by definition…
“ The American cockroach is the largest of the house-infesting roaches. They are most commonly found in restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries, breweries, pet shops and other establishments where food is prepared or stored. They are often found in damp sewers and basements, in heating ducts under hospitals, and on the first floors of buildings. They can be transported into homes and apartments in boxes from infested establishments. Roaches can foul food, damage wallpaper, books and clothing, and produce an unpleasant odor.â€
“Most cockroaches have a flattened oval shape, spiny legs, and grow long, filamentous antennae. Immature stages are smaller, have undeveloped wings and resemble adults. Adult American cockroaches are reddish-brown to dark brown (except for a tan or light yellow band around the shield behind the head), about 1-1/2 to 2-inches long, and have wings capable of flight. Males and females are about the same size.â€
“These roaches are found in dark, moist areas, especially in sewers, steam heat tunnels, boiler rooms, around bathtubs and clothes hampers, and around plumbing, feeding on decaying organic matter. Many are attracted to fermenting liquid (bread saturated with beer). Feeding can occur on starch sizing in books, papers, etc. Cockroaches hide during the day in sheltered, dark places and forage for food at night, often running rapidly when disturbed.â€
So Bob, PROUDLY wear your pin!!! (just not on my flight)
Peace to all and Happy Holidays