US TR: PVD-BGI March 1, 2008

By the way Van, did you ever talk to the flight attendant you had a problem with? IF so, what was there response? If they did acknowledge your concerns, why did you write them up to customer relations? Just curious. Sometimes it just takes a personal conversation to fix the problem, meaning you felt the fa needed to button up his shirt, or needed to help the pax with there bag issues. Thanks. :)

I don't think it's the responsibility of the pax to point out an FA's failure to do their job or dress appropriately. It makes for a very awkward flight experience, and nobody wants to get targeted by an FA for potential retaliatory action. An FA who does not take pride in his or her job or personal appearance most likely would take their frustrations out on any customer who points out their shortcomings. I think Van did the right thing by reporting it....even if it did take two attempts. ;)

Thanks for the clarification. I can see how that would be an awkward situation for the pax. I am sorry you had a bad experience Van. :(

Here's the really funny (or pitiful) part:

According to CATS, there was no Flt. 1521 on March 1.

So management is making sure that an airplane gets fixed, and that a flight attendant gets reprimanded, that do not even exist!

Sharp as bowling balls, that Tempe crowd...

I would bet my left.......elbow.....that management isn't/wasn't/never intended to (a.) fix the airplane or (b.) reprimand the FA.

Please, this company doesn't give a rat's behind about ANYTHING in terms of appearance or service....

Appearance
Reliability
Convenience.....

My arse.....

I had this very same response from the lady I speak with in Tempe. I'm not confronting a flight attendent on board and risk getting to where I'm going because he/she might pitch a fit and have me arested. When I say "Confront" I mean gentle asking and not in a mean way.

Some of the Senior Types (A minute minority) are not real fun to be around and the prospect of getting the hairy eyeball all trip long is not on my list of things to do.

After the 500 mile change I'm in no mood for any crap. If the service sucks I'm no longer willing to overlook it anymore. So if you don't or can't give me a predeparture beverage and you hear from your supervisor talk to Travis Christ about it, not me. His actions/decisions are why. Everyone has an end to their rope and I pray nightly for CO to come back to ACY and end my misery.
Piney , you hide behind a very thin vail when you always say you are against the co. and for the employee. Again this last post is one of your many many many post that says otherwise. We will never ever be the carrier you want us to be! You spend so much time and energy venting on the board and in some way that works for you. From all of your post on here its hard to believe you have ever overlooked ANYTHING. And I can assure you that EVERY letter that is written about a F/A is addressed. I know I have represented the f/A's when meeting with their supervisor. Those letters are not just filed somewhere as you would tend to let people believe. I understand you are a customer and want to thank you for your many years of flying with us. And as fo CO flying into ACY ....I hope they do for your sake so that you might finally find some peace in this everchanging world of the airline industry.

Piney , you hide behind a very thin vail when you always say you are against the co. and for the employee. Again this last post is one of your many many many post that says otherwise. We will never ever be the carrier you want us to be! You spend so much time and energy venting on the board and in some way that works for you. From all of your post on here its hard to believe you have ever overlooked ANYTHING. And I can assure you that EVERY letter that is written about a F/A is addressed. I know I have represented the f/A's when meeting with their supervisor. Those letters are not just filed somewhere as you would tend to let people believe. I understand you are a customer and want to thank you for your many years of flying with us. And as fo CO flying into ACY ....I hope they do for your sake so that you might finally find some peace in this everchanging world of the airline industry.

Frankly DiamondCutter....I respectfully disagree.

First off Piney Bob is THE number one defender of US...there have been times when he's called me out, behind the scenes and said, "remember, we're trying to be a positive influence." Piney's reasons for staying with US are because his choices are severely limited....so he's trying to find a way to make the carrier at least somewhat better.....however that may or may not work.

I can tell you....again....when you look at 2 of the 4 P's of marketing (Positioning and Pricing) there is NO worse managed brand then US. POSITIONING: "Business Casual, expect less then business, pay the same or more" and PRICING: "ALWAYS non-refundable, unless you are game for paying 50% more then the going price on other carriers that is refundable.

To "luvthe9's" comment (sorry if I missed the handle) I learned my lesson....BUT I HAVE A CHOICE because I fly from PVD....I can abaondon US for EVERYTHING except (a.) routes no one else flies and (b.) a dirt cheap, money losing fare.

Piney's reasons for staying with US are because his choices are severely limited....so he's trying to find a way to make the carrier at least somewhat better.....however that may or may not work.

I completely disagree. I fly out of PHL and you do not need to be married to US. I switched to CO and AA and I'm doing just fine finding my way to the places I have to go. He stays because he wants to stay. There could be a number of reasons, but being "stuck" is not one of them.

Frankly DiamondCutter....I respectfully disagree.

First off Piney Bob is THE number one defender of US...there have been times when he's called me out, behind the scenes and said, "remember, we're trying to be a positive influence." Piney's reasons for staying with US are because his choices are severely limited....so he's trying to find a way to make the carrier at least somewhat better.....however that may or may not work.

I can tell you....again....when you look at 2 of the 4 P's of marketing (Positioning and Pricing) there is NO worse managed brand then US. POSITIONING: "Business Casual, expect less then business, pay the same or more" and PRICING: "ALWAYS non-refundable, unless you are game for paying 50% more then the going price on other carriers that is refundable.

To "luvthe9's" comment (sorry if I missed the handle) I learned my lesson....BUT I HAVE A CHOICE because I fly from PVD....I can abaondon US for EVERYTHING except (a.) routes no one else flies and (b.) a dirt cheap, money losing fare.
Van I respect your opinion, and let me say I'm very sorry for the flight you had. I would feel the same way. What im refering to is not the 4 P's of marketing. I know the mess we have here I live with it daily. Frankly with the rising fuel prices it will only get worse. What I am refering to is Piney comments. Everytime you dont recieve a pre-depart drink ect. ect. You and I both know we as a workforce will never ever please everyone. We have thousands of workers from all walks of life that will never be 100% at all times. This goes for all airlines and yes even southwest. I know many who work there. I thank all of you who are trying to make a change for the better for my workplace . But at times many of post on here make us (the workers) just the butt of your jokes. So many pax on this board seem to be experts on Marketing, Aircrafts, AFA, ALPA ect ect . Again I'm very sorry for the trip you had.

No one really has that North/South route structure that US has out of PHL.

You are exactly where they want you to be: It's not so bad that he is flying someone else.

I find it hard to believe that the ST alliance can't get you up and down the east coast. DL flies more places than US in the South and they have non-stop between PHL-BOS. It's not going to be a perfect match and you may have to have 2 carriers that you are loyal to for the status, but you are not trapped. My travel schedule is unpredictable and changes year-to-year. When I figured it all out, AA and CO were my best bet and they treat me well.

No one really has that North/South route structure that US has out of PHL. Most, but not all of my travel is north/south east of the Missippi. If I were doing a lot of mid-con or transcon travel I would have been gone from US a long time ago, most likely on CO and if CO ever decides to come back to ACY I'm gone the day service starts.

Diamond Cutter,

The carrier I desire will do the following.

1. Be truthful in all business dealings with me. Bad news is better than lieing. Give it to me straight.
  2. Will treat their employees with dignity and respect. The better they are treated the better I'll be treated
  3. Be proactive when things go wrong.
  4. Be timely in their responses
  5. Have a customer service model that is one of Customer Satisfaction NOT complaint resolution.
  6. Have clean planes, handle irregular ops well
  7. Be fairly priced and offer a competitive product in First Class
  8. Have fare rules that are clear, concise and published
  9. Be in the top three in all categories of the DOT stats 75% of the year.
I do not think the above unreasonable.
Should we all start a list of what we desire in a pax. joking

[
Frankly with the rising fuel prices it will only get worse. What I am refering to is Piney comments. Everytime you dont recieve a pre-depart drink ect. ect. You and I both know we as a workforce will never ever please everyone. We have thousands of workers from all walks of life that will never be 100% at all times. This goes for all airlines and yes even southwest.

DC, I have to remind the entire crew here.....in the National Football League, when 2 teams go onto the gridiron, both teams have to take into account the weather, the conditions and all other issues.

The point here is this: US will see the SAME conditions as CO, WN and all the other airlines....we will see in future financial reports who actually "game planned" for the "tough field conditions."

I know many who work there. I thank all of you who are trying to make a change for the better for my workplace . But at times many of post on here make us (the workers) just the butt of your jokes. So many pax on this board seem to be experts on Marketing, Aircrafts, AFA, ALPA ect ect . Again I'm very sorry for the trip you had.

I appreciate, very much your comments. Thank you.

It's not my intent to make ANY employee the butt of a joke. I feel AWFUL for the absolutely outrageous situation the management of US Airways has put all of you in.

Honestly, I did consider that this particular FA was taking the "Business Casual" positioning to a new place...disheveled airplane and conditions means he could show up....disheveled.....

In closing, I have the deepest, utmost respect for you and your teamates....at some point, I'll reveal why....

In the mean time, this company's management is a COMPLETE embarassment.

Thanks for your concern and words.

You are exactly where they want you to be: It's not so bad that he is flying someone else.

I find it hard to believe that the ST alliance can't get you up and down the east coast. DL flies more places than US in the South and they have non-stop between PHL-BOS. It's not going to be a perfect match and you may have to have 2 carriers that you are loyal to for the status, but you are not trapped. My travel schedule is unpredictable and changes year-to-year. When I figured it all out, AA and CO were my best bet and they treat me well.

I dunno US1YFARE....

I had to buy tix today....PVD-CHS and CHS-ROA....then on to MFE, which US doesn't fly to, so that was SUPER easy to avoid them.

And while I did avoid US COMPLETELY, it wasn't particularly easy....without flying at times that were not exactly ideal.

The CHS-ROA portion was easy....DL was $360....the jacka$$es at US wanted $495....same flights, same times....the LCC was SUPER easy to avoid....

But PVD-CHS.....it's not as easy as one might believe...but I did it....flying CO a day early and spending time in the old town.

I dunno US1YFARE....

I had to buy tix today....PVD-CHS and CHS-ROA....then on to MFE, which US doesn't fly to, so that was SUPER easy to avoid them.

And while I did avoid US COMPLETELY, it wasn't particularly easy....without flying at times that were not exactly ideal.

The CHS-ROA portion was easy....DL was $360....the jacka$$es at US wanted $495....same flights, same times....the LCC was SUPER easy to avoid....

But PVD-CHS.....it's not as easy as one might believe...but I did it....flying CO a day early and spending time in the old town.

Dude...CHS is a blast to be at...Party it up the Charleston way ;)

[

DC, I have to remind the entire crew here.....in the National Football League, when 2 teams go onto the gridiron, both teams have to take into account the weather, the conditions and all other issues.

The point here is this: US will see the SAME conditions as CO, WN and all the other airlines....we will see in future financial reports who actually "game planned" for the "tough field conditions."

I appreciate, very much your comments. Thank you.

It's not my intent to make ANY employee the butt of a joke. I feel AWFUL for the absolutely outrageous situation the management of US Airways has put all of you in.

Honestly, I did consider that this particular FA was taking the "Business Casual" positioning to a new place...disheveled airplane and conditions means he could show up....disheveled.....

In closing, I have the deepest, utmost respect for you and your teamates....at some point, I'll reveal why....

In the mean time, this company's management is a COMPLETE embarassment.

Thanks for your concern and words.
Van, That really is nice to hear and really mean that!!!! Hopefully my this airline and my career will make a turn for the better, but I just dont see that happening. Again thank you and keep up the fight.

I am so saddened by this thread. I know Van and his relationship with this company. When you buy a full fare, premium ticket, the conditions of the aircraft, service, menu choices, etc. should be the best the company can provide. Obviously this was not the case and I continue to be amazed at the depths to which this company continues to sink.

I took a chance and flew a short-haul, coach award ticket (with a GoFirst purchase for one leg) a week ago. I had not been on US in three months. The travel experience turned out to be just horrible. On the first leg, we sat on the runway in CLT for 47 minutes waiting in traffic, then waiting for a gate (my flight itself was only 30 minutes!) I spent four hours waiting on my connecting flight to depart and it was subsequently canceled. Instead of directing passengers to call or go to Special Services, they were sent to ticketing to get rebooked. Luckily, I was able to be rebooked on the phone for a flight five and a half hours later, but could not get on standby for an earlier flight. I finally found a nice CLT gate agent who put me on standby for an earlier flight. I ended up being on standby for two flights before I finally made one. Ultimately I ended up at my destination. However, when I checked my return today, it had been canceled and I had to spend 45 minutes with online chat to get my reservation reinstated. I still do not know why my reservation was canceled.

I now know why I will only use US to redeem the five remaining vouchers I have. I will never pay full price for a ticket on an airline who continues to have operational problems and does not give its employees the manpower or tools to accommodate displaced passengers--not to mention the continuing inconsistent in-flight service and product.

DrBeth
(Platinum Preferred, BTW)