US TR: PVD-BGI March 1, 2008

It is CLEAR that those that defend US's service or lack thereof do NOT fly on other airlines. These kind of conversations will go on until US either dies or is absorbed by someone else with better business sense. We have a HORRIBLE product compared to other airlines. The upgraded food though better is not as good, the wine we offer is absolutely, positively disgusting and ghetto cheap. We might as well serve MD 20/20 or Tiger Rose. EVERY airline is dealing with the same industry pressures yet the folks running this joint in Tempe feel that they have a better handle on how to keep costs down. Though they find ways here and there to cut costs they are so evident to the employee and customer that it makes us look unprofessional, inept and just downright customer UNfriendly. I have said it before and will again regardless for your reasons for flying US when necessary they will see only ONE thing in Tempe and that it's that you are STILL flying. They count on it. The arrogance they show toward the customer is off the chart. Let them FEEL your leaving with the wallet. MONEY is all this management understands.

Back when the bottled water was offered, that was one of my favorite amenities about being upgraded. I would like to know who conducted these surveys and with whom.

Its funny several airlines have bottled water for their customers in 1st. DL is one of them. So they did not partake in that "survey" because it shows they like water at their seats.

I guess DL customers are different, they also like clean planes, and the NEW uniforms their F/As wear.

Not only does DL have it for F, but they have half pints, and more than 1 case, for Y. If you make it back to the galley during boarding, 9/10 times they'll give you one!

If I ever have F/C customers that order a cocktail during the boarding process I premix it. I pour the mini into a glass of ice then add the mixer. Then pour it into a empty cup. Do that back and forth a couple times then give it to the customer. I find if I give all the ingredients seperately, it takes them longer to get the drink dialed in and finish it. (except you Piney!! :up: )
Everyone always has an empty cup for me to pick up!!

If I ever have F/C customers that order a cocktail during the boarding process I premix it. I pour the mini into a glass of ice then add the mixer. Then pour it into a empty cup. Do that back and forth a couple times then give it to the customer. I find if I give all the ingredients seperately, it takes them longer to get the drink dialed in and finish it. (except you Piney!! :up: )
Everyone always has an empty cup for me to pick up!!

Where the heck have you been :)

<SNIP> We, the flight attendant group, were told not to put anything including water bottles on the seat prior to boarding. The reason being was that in a survey the passengers didn't like their seats cluttered.
The customers who answered that survey question were probably hoping for a seat free from the “clutterâ€￾ of duct tape, pen marks, chewing gum, etc.

Just when it can't get any more STUPID.....I receive this from the rock stars at The Sand Castle...

=========================================
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:56 PM
To: vantheman63
Subject:

Dear VanTheMan63:

Thank you for contacting US Airways Customer Relations.

I received your email dated March 10, 2008, and I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced on Flight 1521. I have notified the maintenance department regarding the two seats, 2D and 2F, that were broken. I am very sorry you had to experience an uncomfortable ride.

Please be assured that your concerns regarding the flight attendant's dress and behavior have been documented and forwarded to the appropriate management personnel.

Once again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to address your concerns. I realize that you are still traveling, and if you have any other concerns you would like to discuss, please call me at 877-369-6512.

We look forward to serving you on a future US Airways flight.

Sincerely,

Mary Ellen Heaps
Executive Liaison
Customer Relations
US Airways

File #2415764A

So....here's the really stupid part....as I noted in this thread earlier....I err'd and now I think for good reason, to see if anyone IS ACTUALLY FRIGGIN' PAYING ATTENTION!!!!

I err'd and it was actually flight 1669 I was on.....

So now, some poor bastard who was flying flight 1521 is getting a letter in his box....and they are fixing an airplane that....well, they need to fix all the airplanes, so I guess that's the positive out of this.

But pretty clear...."just send 'em a form letter, nevr mind checking to see what really happened and where this person was.

Folks, THEY DON'T CARE!!!!

Yes, LESSON LEARNED....for the last time.

Can this team in AZ suck more or be any worse? IS ANYONE AWAKE AT THE WHEEL IN THE DESERT?!?!?!?!?

You are going to correct them aren't you??? It wouldn't be fair for someone to get in trouble for something that didn't do on a flight they weren't on. I would just point out their stupidity in your reply. And, what, no voucher? :shock: I thought they threw worthless vouchers at people.

You're operating under the assumption that they even bothered to document the incident and put it in anybodys file. Most likely it's in the round file next to my letter which is next to yours, which is next to someone elses. etc etc etc

Piney, I'm really surprised that you would take that position. Someone may never get in trouble, but it isn't fair if someone does who shouldn't. <_< :(

You are going to correct them aren't you??? It wouldn't be fair for someone to get in trouble for something that didn't do on a flight they weren't on. I would just point out their stupidity in your reply. And, what, no voucher? :shock: I thought they threw worthless vouchers at people.

US1YFARE - You make a couple of good points...one which will be fun...

I will call them on it and point out that CLEARLY didn't really give a rat's a$$ about this CP....as evidenced by the RIDICULOUS form letter.

At least Aunt DOT got 3 filings on this one....

Who wants to bet I can find a reason to notify Aunt DOT on "issues" when I return???

ARE THINGS ACTUALLY GETTING WORSE???? Was the Valentines Day raping just the beginning of ANOTHER downward spiral in the life of this "airline" and it's business???

When it comes down to using muscle on a flight attendant they will go to GREAT lengths. Ya see though many MANY things at this company can go unaccounted for or slip by we as flight crew can be pinpointed to an exact flight and time. It's ridiculous. They can't find a fuel truck for fuel, bags to an airplane or even workers to BE on property but they can track us anywhere, anytime. Correct it so the wrong person doesn't get in trouble by chance.

Correction Sent.....amazing they couldn't figure it out themselves...this time I attached the receipts to the correction I sent to them as well.

==================================================

Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:05 AM
To: Executive Office
Subject: RE: US Airways Poor Service

Dear US Airways -

Please be advised, fligth number 1521 is not correct. As evidenced by the attached receipt, this was the assigned flight number when I purchased the tickets, however, somewhere along the line, the flight number was changed to 1669. I (incorrectly) assumed US Airways would find the error I made in my original e-mail note to US Airways.

I make this correction because, while I feel all of the US Airways airplanes need to be fixed and cleaned and have no problem with US Airways looking into "fixing" the wrong airplane, it would be incorrect to reprimand a Flight Attendant from the wrong flight.

It's obvious that US Airways, by way of the thorough manner in which this complaint was handled, isn't terribly concerned when a Chairman's Preferred has this type of experience on a full, paid, F class ticket.

I find it both amazing and sad.

Regards,

VanTheMan63
Chairman's Preferred #XXXXXXX

Date: 3/12/08 19:55
Subject:

Dear VanTheMan63:

I received your email dated March 10, 2008, and I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced on Flight 1521. I have notified the maintenance department regarding the two seats, 2D and 2F, that were broken. I am very sorry you had to experience an uncomfortable ride.

Please be assured that your concerns regarding the flight attendant's dress and behavior have been documented and forwarded to the appropriate management personnel.

Once again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to address your concerns. I realize that you are still traveling, and if you have any other concerns you would like to discuss, please call me at 877-369-6512.

Sincerely,

Mary Ellen Heaps
Executive Liaison
Customer Relations
US Airways

Just when it can't get any more STUPID.....I receive this from the rock stars at The Sand Castle...

So....here's the really stupid part....as I noted in this thread earlier....I err'd and now I think for good reason, to see if anyone IS ACTUALLY FRIGGIN' PAYING ATTENTION!!!!

I err'd and it was actually flight 1669 I was on.....

So now, some poor bastard who was flying flight 1521 is getting a letter in his box....and they are fixing an airplane that....well, they need to fix all the airplanes, so I guess that's the positive out of this.

Here's the really funny (or pitiful) part:

According to CATS, there was no Flt. 1521 on March 1.

So management is making sure that an airplane gets fixed, and that a flight attendant gets reprimanded, that do not even exist!

Sharp as bowling balls, that Tempe crowd...

Correction Sent.....amazing they couldn't figure it out themselves...this time I attached the receipts to the correction I sent to them as well.

==================================================

Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:05 AM
To: Executive Office
Subject: RE: US Airways Poor Service

Dear US Airways -

Please be advised, fligth number 1521 is not correct. As evidenced by the attached receipt, this was the assigned flight number when I purchased the tickets, however, somewhere along the line, the flight number was changed to 1669. I (incorrectly) assumed US Airways would find the error I made in my original e-mail note to US Airways.

I make this correction because, while I feel all of the US Airways airplanes need to be fixed and cleaned and have no problem with US Airways looking into "fixing" the wrong airplane, it would be incorrect to reprimand a Flight Attendant from the wrong flight.

It's obvious that US Airways, by way of the thorough manner in which this complaint was handled, isn't terribly concerned when a Chairman's Preferred has this type of experience on a full, paid, F class ticket.

I find it both amazing and sad.

Regards,

VanTheMan63
Chairman's Preferred #XXXXXXX

Date: 3/12/08 19:55
Subject:

Dear VanTheMan63:

Sincerely,

Mary Ellen Heaps
Executive Liaison
Customer Relations
US Airways

By the way Van, did you ever talk to the flight attendant you had a problem with? IF so, what was there response? If they did acknowledge your concerns, why did you write them up to customer relations? Just curious. Sometimes it just takes a personal conversation to fix the problem, meaning you felt the fa needed to button up his shirt, or needed to help the pax with there bag issues. Thanks. :)

Latest posts