Historic Event

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
On Friday August 11th, 2006 at 8:00 PM Eastern the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association donated a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to the Smithsonian's Steven F. Udvar - Hazy Center.

This world class museum houses some of the world's most famous aircraft. Aircraft made famous in large part by the skill of the faceless aircraft mechanic who kept these historic aircraft airworthy. However, nowhere is there a reference to the man who started our proud craft & profession.

But all that changed before a crowd of 100 invited guests. Now the public will become better aware of not only who Charles E. Taylor was and what he accomplished but also of the men and women who followed in his footsteps after more than 100 years of aviation history. No longer will Charlie remain aviation's original "Unsung Hero". No longer will today's skilled AMTs remain the "Faces Behind Safety".

Photos and further information will soon be posted on the AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, showing what took place and who our Guest Speakers were. To educate the public about the skilled, professional craft & profession of the AMT will require a voice to speak out... and speak out loud! I invite you and everyone you know to lend your voice to that of the AMTA so we may reach out further and educate even more people about a profession that carries a great responsibility... that of providing safe, airworthy aircraft.

(Moderator: Could I ask if it is possible for you to post this thread on the top of each airline link? I know you do not allow mulitple posts on the same topic. I simply wish to reach each airline with the above information about the education of the public about the AMT profession. Thanks.)

On Friday August 11th, 2006 at 8:00 PM Eastern the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association donated a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to the Smithsonian's Steven F. Udvar - Hazy Center.

This world class museum houses some of the world's most famous aircraft. Aircraft made famous in large part by the skill of the faceless aircraft mechanic who kept these historic aircraft airworthy. However, nowhere is there a reference to the man who started our proud craft & profession.

But all that changed before a crowd of 100 invited guests. Now the public will become better aware of not only who Charles E. Taylor was and what he accomplished but also of the men and women who followed in his footsteps after more than 100 years of aviation history. No longer will Charlie remain aviation's original "Unsung Hero". No longer will today's skilled AMTs remain the "Faces Behind Safety".

Photos and further information will soon be posted on the AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, showing what took place and who our Guest Speakers were. To educate the public about the skilled, professional craft & profession of the AMT will require a voice to speak out... and speak out loud! I invite you and everyone you know to lend your voice to that of the AMTA so we may reach out further and educate even more people about a profession that carries a great responsibility... that of providing safe, airworthy aircraft.

(Moderator: Could I ask if it is possible for you to post this thread on the top of each airline link? I know you do not allow mulitple posts on the same topic. I simply wish to reach each airline with the above information about the education of the public about the AMT profession. Thanks.)

WHO CARES?

I wish Ken Mactiernan was older and started in this business decades earlier so his campaign to finally have the aircraft mechanic recognized would not be needed anymore, we all would have undoubtedly reaped the benifits by now. Ken is helping us get the respect we deserve.
So to people like TWAOKC who could care less, I say to you it is attitudes like yours which have helped the industry treat us with such disrepect and ill regard for years.

How long ago was it that stewardesses and stewards succesfully fought to be called flight attendants?

Latest posts