Historic Event

But you seem to forget the three basics characteristics for being an AMT... knowledge, skill & integrity. Union affiliation has nothing to do with it.

I'll concede to knowledge and skill, but integrity is subjective, Ken.

I don't happen to agree with the notion that someone who disregards an invisible line called struck work as having no integrity anymore than I'd consider someone who is pro-choice to be less of a Christian than someone who is pro-life.

PTO has demonstrated time and time again that he has neither skill or knowledge, so I agree that he's not worthy of being considered a professional.

As far as having a license, this does not make one individual more competent than another.

Neither does honoring a picket line. I'm sure there are hundreds (if not more) of mechanics working at NWA who are just as skilled and knowledgeable as you.

The way you and others portray it, anyone turning wrenches at NWA is a drug addicted child molester. I'm sure there are a few of those holding AA ID's as well (you and your friends have indicated likewise when referring to TWU supporters...), so it's by no way unique to those who don't recognize a picket line for a failed strike.

The entire concept of the AMTA was/is to educate to the public about the responisbilities of those who have decided to carry the responsibility of safe, airworthy aircraft. Those proud men and women who call themselves AMTs.

And I applaud that effort, Ken, aside from the fact that you're discriminatory in who you choose to see as worthy of being called an AMT.

I'll concede to knowledge and skill, but integrity is subjective, Ken.

I don't happen to agree with the notion that someone who disregards an invisible line called struck work as having no integrity anymore than I'd consider someone who is pro-choice to be less of a Christian than someone who is pro-life.

PTO has demonstrated time and time again that he has neither skill or knowledge, so I agree that he's not worthy of being considered a professional.
Neither does honoring a picket line. I'm sure there are hundreds (if not more) of mechanics working at NWA who are just as skilled and knowledgeable as you.

The way you and others portray it, anyone turning wrenches at NWA is a drug addicted child molester. I'm sure there are a few of those holding AA ID's as well (you and your friends have indicated likewise when referring to TWU supporters...), so it's by no way unique to those who don't recognize a picket line for a failed strike.
And I applaud that effort, Ken, aside from the fact that you're discriminatory in who you choose to see as worthy of being called an AMT.

FM,

Perhaps your definition of integrity is different than mine. To me integrity means doing what is right when the time calls for doing the right thing...which in essence is making the hard choice not the easy one. By crossing an "invisible line" that is drawn by those willing to make the hard choice for the betterment/advancement of an entire profession is a HUGE sign of no integrity.

As for knowledge & integrity, there are MANY people more knowledgeable and skilled than I. I have NEVER claimed to be "all that". I simply stated that to be an AMT there are three basic characteristics to possess.

The "image" of SCABS at NWA as being drug addicted child molesters is interesting. I am sure that drug addicted child molesters are very upset being considered on a par with SCABS.

Thanks for the kind words towards my efforts to bring recognition to the AMT craft & profession. I do not choose who is "worthy" and who is not. THAT choice is up to each AMT. You know what I believe in. I do not hide behind an alias or post lies. If an individual wishes to spend his/her time/money/energy promoting a false image that is their right. I would prefer to do what I am doing and promote the truth.