Historic Event

I do to! Great Job Ken

Thanks

The problem I have with Ken, is he thinks his classification is the only one that is able to keep an airline in the air. It take everyone, from the cleaners to the CEO, but according to what he writes, he walks on water. I hardly believe that.

The problem I have with Ken, is he thinks his classification is the only one that is able to keep an airline in the air. It take everyone, from the cleaners to the CEO, but according to what he writes, he walks on water. I hardly believe that.
Well we do keep the aircraft in the air. You don't know Ken, maybe he does "walk on water"? If you don't like what we say, then stay off this thread and ignore it. Sounds to me like you have an inferiority complex. ;)

From airliners to steamboats, maintenance is a neccessary evil in the form of expense, downtime, and heartache. Be it prevenative or unscheduled maintenance nothing moves without proper maintenance. Should technicians be lifted and hailed as heros? Well, the round of applause I heard from cruise bound passengers on the way to port in Florida sure suggests it. Learn a skill...Maybe the best advice I ever received from my late great uncle. "Nobody can take away what you can learn to do with your hands", he said. I am not sure I am making my point clear here in this post. I am just suggesting that "maintainers" are a vital piece of the whole operation. Are they above anyone else? No, I don't think so, but lets just let the aircraft go one complete month with ZERO maintenance and see what happens. What does it take to learn to throw a bag? and here goes let the bullets fly...but what does it take to complete a rigid six week course as a flight attendant? Now compare that to rigging flight controls on an MD-80, or ringing wires on a 777 with an electrical "goblin" on board. Skill, hands down a skill will always win.

So a Man has passion about his chosen craft and has decided to get the long neglected recognition it deserves, where/what is the problem with that?

No your wrong, cleaners clean the aircraft, baggage handlers load the aircraft, flight attendants attend to passengers needs/safety, pilots fly the aircraft, CEO's run the buisness aspect of the airline, and Mechanics make the aircraft AIRWORTHY, meaning "WE" determine whether said such aircraft flies or not.

So a Man has passion about his chosen craft and has decided to get the long neglected recognition it deserves, where/what is the problem with that?

No your wrong, cleaners clean the aircraft, baggage handlers load the aircraft, flight attendants attend to passengers needs/safety, pilots fly the aircraft, CEO's run the buisness aspect of the airline, and Mechanics make the aircraft AIRWORTHY, meaning "WE" determine whether said such aircraft flies or not.
Excellent...very well said.
A&P, Avionics

Let me see if I have this straight. From behind an alias you make the claim that I "walk on water". I also claim that my classification is the only one that keeps an airline in the air. Right?

Thanks for the opportunity to educate someone about the AMTA. That would be you twaokc.

At NO TIME have I ever said that my classification is the ONLY one needed to run an airline. If you were actually able to read above a grade school level AND comprehend what you read longer than it takes to watch a Looney Tunes cartoon you would not be so ignorant in your posts on this BB.

I have said ALL ALONG that the AMT craft & profession, be it mechanics that maintain commercial, military, government, private, corporate, civil service, cargo, etc. aircraft, has been for too long been over looked and taken for granted. I am trying to change the perspective that OUR responsibilities are looked at by the public.

After more than 100 years of aviation I feel it is time that the public become more aware of the knowledge, skill & integrity that each AMT possess. Starting with the "Father of Aircraft Maintenance", you know, aviation's original "Unsung Hero", was a good place to start. Just go to WWW.AMTAUSA.COM.

Perhaps you might think about this when the aircraft you are flying on rotates into the air.

I knew I would get the underpaid cry baby AMT's crying. It works everytime.
and your point would be what? What is your agenda or ill-will towards AMTs? I am not an AMT but work with them daily. They are people just like you and I. Wait, You and I are different b/c I respect the work, knowledge, dedication and professionalism I see AMTs do every day. You, on the other hand seem to be mis-guided. Perhaps you are PTO's cousin or something to that affect. What works everytime is for people like YOU to state their craft after making such remarks so we, may be able to understand where you are coming from. Of course I doubt you have the "Twins" big enough to do this.... Your turn.

When it gets right down to the (twins) cutting it takes 2 classifications to keep an aircraft in the air and a ceo isn't one of em.

Rock on Ken!

I knew I would get the underpaid cry baby AMT's crying. It works everytime.

Actually, you got me laughing! Not all AMT's are underpaid anymore.

I know a dozen AMT's, myself included, who left aviation (by force and by free will) who found jobs outside the airport fence who are making excellent money, with good hours and holidays off. And, we feel appreciated where we are!

Sure, we maintainers are always a liabilty no matter where we work--until something breaks and production lines stop-which usually cost thousands per minute. Or an aircraft becomes unairworthy and the expression "time is money" has refreshed meaning. Then we become an asset.

A cancelled flight cost thousands when you add the snowball effect of missed connections and giving pax to other airlines.

Let me see if I have this straight. From behind an alias you make the claim that I "walk on water". I also claim that my classification is the only one that keeps an airline in the air. Right?

Thanks for the opportunity to educate someone about the AMTA. That would be you twaokc.

At NO TIME have I ever said that my classification is the ONLY one needed to run an airline. If you were actually able to read above a grade school level AND comprehend what you read longer than it takes to watch a Looney Tunes cartoon you would not be so ignorant in your posts on this BB.

I have said ALL ALONG that the AMT craft & profession, be it mechanics that maintain commercial, military, government, private, corporate, civil service, cargo, etc. aircraft, has been for too long been over looked and taken for granted. I am trying to change the perspective that OUR responsibilities are looked at by the public.

After more than 100 years of aviation I feel it is time that the public become more aware of the knowledge, skill & integrity that each AMT possess. Starting with the "Father of Aircraft Maintenance", you know, aviation's original "Unsung Hero", was a good place to start. Just go to WWW.AMTAUSA.COM.

Perhaps you might think about this when the aircraft you are flying on rotates into the air.

What's the matter ken, having a little trouble with twaokc?
He may recognize that Charlie was a skilled craftsman. Who was a Machinist! With your posts you "lack to acknowledge him for what he was", and this leaves room for scrutiny.

This gives way to the suggestion that the poster may be trying to capitalize upon the accomplishments of others to better their position.

Honor Charlie if you will. But you need to recognize the man for what he was, and for what he has done for the career of the AMT...... ;)

Really ken, It is called "Back to the Basics".... :D

Latest posts