Hope and a Future

Flyboy4u

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
Whatever happens with these concessions is merely a roll of the dice. I know one thing for certain is that my days as a F/A here at AA are numbered. I only hope that one day the job that I fell i love with will be worth me coming back to. I urge everyone to please get as much information as possible before making their final vote. If me going to the pavement in search of a job, means that the company will survive then so be it. I just hope that it''s a job that is worth returning to. The vote you will cast between now and the 15th is extremely important. I owe my dedication and grattitude to those senior at AA who fought long and hard for a contract the became the best in the industry. Its just a shame some of us may never get a chance to see it for what it is worth. Good luck to my fellow flight attendants at AA and to the future of the airline industry . I hope it only gets better because I am not sure it can get any worse.

It can get worse. Having a BK judge tear up our CBA or just as bad gut it to AA''s needs.

Like MKirkpatrick said, the additional layoff could take up to a year to see. A yes vote may allow you to stay after all.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 8:50:23 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Like MKirkpatrick said, the additional layoff could take up to a year to see. A yes vote may allow you to stay after all.

----------------​
Can you please explain what will the thousands of those who''ll be returning early from OVL on May 1, in order to keep their health insurance, be doing when they are back on the job? What will happen to those who''ll be displaced by the returnees, mostly on the AA side of the fence?

How much overage will the company be willing to carry on the AA side as more junior union members keep staffing TWA LLC flights before their planes cross the fence without them?

Will the company be furloughing out of seniority order? That will be the case unless it is willing to carry a huge overage, which I do not believe to be the case.

Is that why the fine print of the tentative agreement still under the negotiations, or it is final and simply being hidden from the members?

----------------
On 4/8/2003 8:50:23 PM FA Mikey wrote:

It can get worse. Having a BK judge tear up our CBA or just as bad gut it to AA''s needs.

----------------​
Does that alias you use stand Fear Attendant Mikey? Where is proof that the BK Judge will tear up our CBA?

Your really management and will not even get a vote!

Alot of dreaming going on here. If anyone thinks that any airline job lost now will be worth coming back to in the future is sadly mistaken. The airlines have finally seized the moment to break the unions and screw the workers. They have instilled fear and anxiety into their employees. They will use the bankruptcy courts to get their costs down. Then after they do that, they will have successfully lobbied the Congess into forcing "baseball style arbitration" on airline workers. You will never have any leverage to negotiate a decent contract again. You will never have the right to strike and enjoy the basic rights of self-help. Don't you realize that they want to set us back about 20 years in labor gains? Now the supervisors have their pre-recorded spiel to pass on to the employees. They have allegedly been told that if this deal is rejected, AA will be laying off half the workforce, grounding haLF the fleet, reducing every station in half, blah blah blah.

DIDN'T CARTY SAY YOU CAN'T SHRINK TO PROFITABILITY?

----------------
On 4/8/2003 9:41:01 PM TWAnr wrote:

Can you please explain what will the thousands of those who''ll be returning early from OVL on May 1, in order to keep their health insurance, be doing when they are back on the job----------------​

I was of the understanding that about 450 were returning May 1, which was largely responsible for the coincident furlough, and that about 1500 were coming back in Oct and Nov. Someone else says 4000 are coming back.

Starving for facts here. Someone, please?

MK

----------------
On 4/9/2003 11:49:51 AM kirkpatrick wrote:

I was of the understanding that about 450 were returning May 1, which was largely responsible for the coincident furlough, and that about 1500 were coming back in Oct and Nov. Someone else says 4000 are coming back.

Starving for facts here. Someone, please?

MK

----------------​
I was just drawing an inference. I saw two figures quoted for the number currently on OVL. One from a management source and the other from a union person (albeit on the STL side of the fence). The higher figure was around 4,800 the lower one about 4,300. Approximately 300 of those are TWA LLC persons.

How many do you expect to remain on OVL without medical benefits? I don''t expect many.

By the way, only 2,000 nAAtive flight attendants are currently eligible for full retirement benefits.