2014 Mechanics T/A Contract Vote

WeAAsles said:
You are exactly what's wrong with certain union members today. Your attempt to stir an emotional reaction speaks to your level of intelligence not mine. Whatever people like yourself get and have gotten out of life I'm sure it's well earned. Well earned.

I would argue, your (TWU) type of unionism has failed my work group for all of my 29 years at AA.  I could care less about stirring up any emotional reaction.  I have been saying the same things on these airline msg boards for about 20 years now.  You speak of intelligence, what are you saying?  If I don't share your self serving belief in TWU marxist unionism that somehow - I'm less intelligent than you?
Whatever I have got out of life is none of your business - just like the AMTs contract isn't any of your business.  Simple enough for ya?

Reactions: 1 person
Vortilon said:
I would argue, your (TWU) type of unionism has failed my work group for all of my 29 years at AA.  I could care less about stirring up any emotional reaction.  I have been saying the same things on these airline msg boards for about 20 years now.  You speak of intelligence, what are you saying?  If I don't share your self serving belief in TWU marxist unionism that somehow - I'm less intelligent than you?
Whatever I have got out of life is none of your business - just like the AMTs contract isn't any of your business.  Simple enough for ya?
I personally don't care if you support the TWU or not. That decision is up to you. It was your comment that I based my opinion of your intelligence on. In that area is where I find it to be sorely lacking. A corporate CEO considers you to be no higher than a McDonald's worker either I can absolutely assure you of. And unlike you I don't look down on them or anyone who earns an honest days pay.

You can have your opinions though. They're of little concern to me.

Reactions: 4 people
WeAAsles said:
I personally don't care if you support the TWU or not. That decision is up to you. It was your comment that I based my opinion of your intelligence on. In that area is where I find it to be sorely lacking. A corporate CEO considers you to be no higher than a McDonald's worker either I can absolutely assure you of. And unlike you I don't look down on them or anyone who earns an honest days pay.

+1000000

WeAAsles said:

A corporate CEO's opinion? Funny you should bring that up.  I can remember Bob Crandal saying something completely different than what you just posted in regard to AMT's value.  On two different occasions, one in regard to maintenance supervisors, and the other on the effect of negotiating with fleet service.  On both occasions it was made clear that he didn't have a problem paying AMTs.  I'm sure there are plenty of AA AMTs that can remember Crandal's speeches.

Who said I look down on anybody?  That couldn't be further from the truth.  Fact is, the company is going to pay differently depending on your skills, and what you're able to negotiate.

Like I've said before, this is a AMT thread.  It's really important that I justify this to a fleet service clerk trolling for attention - said no-one ever....

To The USAirways Mechanics
 ​
I Hope that all of you have seen/read just what has been going on with us here at AA with the TWU.​
 ​
No matter what your opinion of the IAM is you should think about signing an AMFA card so that we can work together against this Alliance.​
 ​
All throughout the AA side of this site you can read the different threads that the Mechanics are NOT Happy.​
If its not the pre-funding, stock, contract we all can agree there is a problem.  You just got through a​
contract dispute with US and the IAM you need to ask yourselfs, Am I happy with what you got and do​
you think that with the TWU/IAM you will be better off.​
 ​
Our 1 yr bar ends the 3rd week of August, in order for us to file the cards with the NMB we need you​
 ​
THE MECHANICS AT USAIRWAYS​
 ​
To sign AMFA cards​

Vortilon said:

A corporate CEO's opinion? Funny you should bring that up.  I can remember Bob Crandal saying something completely different than what you just posted in regard to AMT's value.  On two different occasions, one in regard to maintenance supervisors, and the other on the effect of negotiating with fleet service.  On both occasions it was made clear that he didn't have a problem paying AMTs.  I'm sure there are plenty of AA AMTs that can remember Crandal's speeches.

Who said I look down on anybody?  That couldn't be further from the truth.  Fact is, the company is going to pay differently depending on your skills, and what you're able to negotiate.

Like I've said before, this is a AMT thread.  It's really important that I justify this to a fleet service clerk trolling for attention - said no-one ever....
I guess it IS important that you justify yourself since you responded. Believe what you want about what the truly wealthy think about you. It's your fantasyland buddy.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

To The USAirways Mechanics
 ​
I Hope that all of you have seen/read just what has been going on with us here at AA with the TWU.​
 ​
No matter what your opinion of the IAM is you should think about signing an AMFA card so that we can work together against this Alliance.​
 ​
All throughout the AA side of this site you can read the different threads that the Mechanics are NOT Happy.​
If its not the pre-funding, stock, contract we all can agree there is a problem.  You just got through a​
contract dispute with US and the IAM you need to ask yourselfs, Am I happy with what you got and do​
you think that with the TWU/IAM you will be better off.​
 ​
Our 1 yr bar ends the 3rd week of August, in order for us to file the cards with the NMB we need you​
 ​
THE MECHANICS AT USAIRWAYS​
 ​
To sign AMFA cards​

You may  be very disappointed. Must not have enough cards yet to ask for more?

mike33 said:
You may  be very disappointed. Must not have enough cards yet to ask for more?

Mike33

I am disappointed at this time that we the AA mechanics on our own have not enough cards to file with out US mechanics.

But with the ruling of the NMB about the gate agents we need the USAirways mechanics as well.

When we started here we also asked the US airways guys as well to start, during the IAM contract dispute we did not do so well since they had the contract on their minds.

From what I have heard there is an interest now that the IAM did not in the eyes of the IAM mechanics do a good job.

We will see as time goes on but the bottom line is we the mechanics can't let this alliance happen it will further destroy our class and craft.

If I am not mistaken you are working with or on the ramp/fleet?  If so you can vote for the alliance since we the mechanics at AA don't want it. We are also hoping that the mechanics there at US will not want this as well. The only way we can see to stop this is for them THE MECHANICS to SIGN AMFA cards.

Reactions: 2 people
AMFAinMIAMI,  I didn't think that they would include the US numbers with the AA numbers unless they were a single carrier.  You referenced another group in your post, what happened there?  Nobody has filed for single status as of today, if AMFA files prior to any final word or final ruling of single status, it should only include the AA mechanics and related.  Not sure how the NMB would rule after only a filing for single status, but after final ruling of single status I am sure the US mechanics and related would be included.  I really hope AMFA gets ON the ballot and not as a write-in option.  Good luck to you guys...