Hot Hub Rumor - IND vs. PIT

LavMan

Veteran
Feb 12, 2003
Keep dreaming, IND was a mini-hub and died, it is not a hub for UA and will never be a hub for anyone. Your a day late and a dollar short, read the other thread US is not moving PIT to IND.

----------------
On 4/26/2003 8:33:39 PM FlyingHippie wrote:

This is prime certified rumor folks. Seems Dave paid a visit to IND this week. The folks in IND want US Airways bad. In fact, IND offered US Airways the United maintenance hangar lease free for FIVE YEARS - ''if'' they moved the PIT hub to IND. Well, well, well, things will get interesting now. This hub would be further west and get the big hubs more spread out. But the terminal is no PIT. This ought to give the officials in PIT and MDT a cow. Will Dave play IND vs. PIT? I bet he will. Seems IND has thrown him a bone that''s too good to refuse. What will the state of PA offer to keep this hub? Let the games begin.

----------------​
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Since we all seem to be outdoing each other with wild, crazy, hot and juicy rumors, well BOY do I have one to top them all! Seems Airbus and Boeing are looking into a joint venture where they will now do ALL heavy maintenance for ALL airlines. Indy will be one of several super maintenance centers world wide where third party will be performed. This action of course will diminish the A&P numbers for ALL airlines down to line maintenance only positions meeting the FAR’s bare minimums for airlines to function lawfully. GONE will be the days of heavy maintenance being an anchor of the airline industry, where airlines must pay greedy mechanics a livable wage. But my friends, the deadly cycle will NOT end here. Executives will come on board every few years scraping the cream from the pot leaving the airlines anemic only to have yet another new batch of executives coming in screaming labor costs are entirely too high, and the cause of all the woeful afflictions, the very root of the dysfunctional airline they must manage. Drums keep pounding rhythm to the brain, and the beat goes on and on and on…..

This is prime certified rumor folks. Seems Dave paid a visit to IND this week. The folks in IND want US Airways bad. In fact, IND offered US Airways the United maintenance hangar lease free for FIVE YEARS - ''if'' they moved the PIT hub to IND. Well, well, well, things will get interesting now. This hub would be further west and get the big hubs more spread out. But the terminal is no PIT. This ought to give the officials in PIT and MDT a cow. Will Dave play IND vs. PIT? I bet he will. Seems IND has thrown him a bone that''s too good to refuse. What will the state of PA offer to keep this hub? Let the games begin.

Hey man don''t shoot the messenger! Personally, I prefer PIT over IND anyday. IMHO, Dave is going to play IND against PIT. It''s a pathetic high stakes game that will get nasty for many of us that live in the PIT area. We''ve made a life here, I''d hate to see Dave ruin it. Then again I think all of us have learned by now that you can''t count on him when it comes down to money. The best deal will win. Haven''t we all learned that by now?

Give me a break. What is IND going to do..build another terminal? I have said it before...Dave and the gang will stay in PIT for one reason only...they already want to. The decision has already been made, either way, and nothing, I mean nothing will change the final outcome. Hopefully, PIT will be smart enough to say NO and let the chips fall. Anything they give will be gravy to the crooks at U management.

That is not a rumor, Airbus has set up EADS Aeroframe Services in Lake Charles, LA, it is a partnership with Northrop Grumman they do complete Airbus overhaul and anything else necessary. They have a 5 year $10 millon dollar contract with JetBlue and Air Jamaica.

Also Boeing has bought up all the land at the former Kelly Air Force Base in TX and they are in the process of building huge hangars to perform commerical aircraft overhaul. Also Boeing all ready performs numerous types of modification work to airplanes all ready.

But IND being a third party maintenance repair and overhaul facility is just a rumor. Like I said Airbus all ready has Lake Charles and Boeing has Kelly Air Force base, and the IND facility cannot handle widebody aircraft.

It is not a rumor about Boeing at Kelly, the IAM represents Boeing and we have secured those jobs for mechanics two contracts ago at Boeing.

IND is another loser small town market like PIT and the last thing we need is another one of those and besides it''s still too far east. No way.

A&P, Airbus all ready has it set up and Boeing is following suit

[url="http://www.aeroframeservices.com/"]http://www.aeroframeservices.com/[/URL]

• [SIZE= 10pt]Opened in October 2000[/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Centrally located in Lake Charles, Louisiana USA at Chennault International Airport (CWF) which has over 10,700 feet of runway[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Customers and immigration for aircraft landing from abroad[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Gated facility with 24 hour roving guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]24/7/365 operation[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]4 multiple bay hangars-over 400,000 square feet - can accommodate 8 wide body aircraft or 12 narrow body aircraft[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]24,000 sq. ft. mezzanine[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Expansion plan to include additional hangar space, warehouse space, backshops and administration building[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Heavy Maintenance on A300-600, A300/B4, A310 and A320 family up to C4/C8[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Since November 2000 have performed all phase letter checks on Airbus aircraft[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Line Maintenance on A330 and A340 aircraft[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Cabin refurbishments[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Cabin conversions[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Paint/strip services on all makes of aircraft
    Can accommodate up to A340/B747 aircraft
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE= 10pt] State-of-the-art, EPA compliant paint and strip hangars[/SIZE]

Guys & Gals lighten up, save your paxil for another day. As for that former Kelly Air Force Base in TX being bought up: I personally think that is where they are going to start producing those great big 300 foot long diamond shaped sky ships people have been seeing since the Phoenix lights made their appearance. I don''t know about you people, but I am putting my application in at the sky command center, because they are going to need the experience and skills we as A&P mechanics can provide them. BUT, just remember working there you can''t start rumors by posting here or anywhere about just what it is you are involved, you can’t even call Coast to Coast, and if your wife has a big mouth you’ll need to come up with a really good line as to just what it is you do and why you are moving your family there to do it.

Greedy Mechanics???? Since when, we here at U are proud to be among the lowest paid of all the majors. As for Airbus and Boeing setting up their own third pary maintenance its not too far in the future. Another word for it is "Power by the Hour". Just like your car going into the body shop, you get a loaner while its getting fixed.

----------------
On 4/26/2003 9:39:40 PM
Pacemaker wrote:

IND is another loser small town market like PIT and the last thing we need is another one of those and besides it''s still too far east. No way.

----------------​
In that case, using past decisions as a guide, that is exactly where we will go.

Latest posts