Recalls to USeast @ IND HUB

Northwest has been steadily pulling down the "Heartland Strategy" focus city at IND. I think it's down to 18 destinations, most of them on CRJs.
Northwest was more dedicated to killing ATA than it was to actually serving IND.

Last night, I was at the Seashell Lounge in Moon Township and talked to a friend who has an uncle whose brother's son has a girlfriend who works for the FAA. He says that the company is planning on painting a 757 in the Colts' colors and the announcement will be anyday now...
HA HA ohhhh now thats to funny...I am still smiling...think the same friend was on my jumpseat...thats great....

no information or intuition about this, but I would say that IND is in the 'heart' of the midwest and geographically/systemwise distinguishable from PIT. There's a fair amount of distance between PIT and IND and a WHOLE lot of travelers interested in heading west from OHIO or NE
Absolutely! Geographically Indy is much more suited to being a mid-continent connecting point as would STL over PIT. (I for one NEVER understood why US(East) had two hubs in the same state....we're not talking huge population areas like Calif/Texas/Fla....and the business climate for western PA has really made alot of companies downsize and relocate). Pit does have a great airport and a reliable, hardworking workforce but the dynamics of being an airline hub in the current environment have really changed things.

Northwest has been steadily pulling down the "Heartland Strategy" focus city at IND. I think it's down to 18 destinations, most of them on CRJs.

Your "cities served" number may be correct, but at last look it was still 15 CRJ flights/daily vs. 24 mainline. Of course, with NW in BK anything is possible. Having said that, the smart money says MKE gets pared down first.

Last night, I was at the Seashell Lounge in Moon Township and talked to a friend who has an uncle whose brother's son has a girlfriend who works for the FAA. He says that the company is planning on painting a 757 in the Colts' colors and the announcement will be anyday now...
Talked to a buddy of mine at work yesterday. Asked him what he thought of the outcome of the Colts/Steelers game a couple of weeks ago. He didn't have much to say, :huh: :lol:

Latest posts