Recalls to USeast @ IND HUB

Jul 29, 2005
I had a 2 FAA employees on board from DCA today that stated US was in final negotiations with IND to start a hub there "again" to decrease traffic in PHL. They stated the new US wants to deflect so much traffic in PHL except for cross country and INT. It would be a better location vs PIT so they said. I asked why not PIT, they stated it is too close to PHL. Allegedly, IND is building a new concourse or something, they stated it would be announced in May, 2006 for the US Hub there. I am just curious if anyone has info on these statements made by these FAA employees. Also, per rumor mill, Mainline is recalling in Feb- April timeline. I hear MDA is worried since they fear they will have no FA's to work the planes if it happens, not that anyone at MDA would give a crap.
Any truth to this?

Happy Holidays!

Why would they recall f/a, if we are doing VPLA? Not that it wouldn't thrill me to see people get their job back. The only place short of f/a is PHX, and I belive that AFA is still negotiating how to bring f/a into that base.

IND is building a new mid-field terminal scheduled for completion late '07 or sometime in '08

US and UAL currently share concourse D

IND is also headquarters for Republic

How about a hub in DAY?? :p

Why not put a focus city/hub in FLL?? That'd be a great idea. . .all that O/D traffic to latin america. . . :lol:

Wasn't there talk about US taking over the new UA hangar in IND a few years ago??

Why would they recall f/a, if we are doing VPLA? Not that it wouldn't thrill me to see people get their job back. The only place short of f/a is PHX, and I belive that AFA is still negotiating how to bring f/a into that base.

It's not VPLA they're offering, it's VFLR, and the idea behind it is to bring back lower paid flight attendants and get higher paid ones off the payroll.

I saw the leaders of the FAA and US Airways last night at my favorite watering hole and they assured me that US Airways would be reopening the Syracuse hub with a small express base in Utica, NY and also a return to Baltimore and also a large base in Honolulu, and several others i cant recall......... :p

Well excuse my French, but I thought the whole raison d'etre for Philly over PIT was O&D traffic. That being the case, how can they possibly consider Indy?

If they need to decongest Philly, they could divert traffic to PIT and CLT, or roll Philly.

Wait - we already tried that! :shock: !

Two steps forward; three steps back

Latest posts