Hot Hub Rumor - IND vs. PIT

----------------
On 4/26/2003 9:30:28 PM LavMan wrote:

That is not a rumor, Airbus has set up EADS Aeroframe Services in Lake Charles, LA, it is a partnership with Northrop Grumman they do complete Airbus overhaul and anything else necessary.  They have a 5 year $10 millon dollar contract with JetBlue and Air Jamaica.

Also Boeing has bought up all the land at the former Kelly Air Force Base in TX and they are in the process of building huge hangars to perform commerical aircraft overhaul.  Also Boeing all ready performs numerous types of modification work to airplanes all ready.

But IND being a third party maintenance repair and overhaul facility is just a rumor.  Like I said Airbus all ready has Lake Charles and Boeing has Kelly Air Force base, and the IND facility cannot handle widebody aircraft.

----------------​
LAVMAN, Are you sure that the INDY facility cannot handle widebodies ?? If memory serves me right, I thought UAL worked on 767''s for a while there and then moved them down to a third party maint. facility in NC.. I remember that UAL was accused of stealing some tooling from the city of INDY for the 767. Can anyone confirm or deny this ???

----------------
On 4/26/2003 9:03:41 PM Walmartgreeter wrote:

Give me a break. What is IND going to do..build another terminal? I have said it before...Dave and the gang will stay in PIT for one reason only...they already want to. The decision has already been made, either way, and nothing, I mean nothing will change the final outcome. Hopefully, PIT will be smart enough to say NO and let the chips fall. Anything they give will be gravy to the crooks at U management.

----------------​
I believe the answer to your question is YES, INDY is in the early stages of building a new mid-field terminal. How many MAIN LINE gates is U using in PIT now anyway ?? Not Many..Right ??

----------------
On 4/26/2003 9:26:07 PM cavalier wrote:

----------------

----------------​
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Since we all seem to be outdoing each other with wild, crazy, hot and juicy rumors, well BOY do I have one to top them all! Seems Airbus and Boeing are looking into a joint venture where they will now do ALL heavy maintenance for ALL airlines. Indy will be one of several super maintenance centers world wide where third party will be performed. This action of course will diminish the A&P numbers for ALL airlines down to line maintenance only positions meeting the FAR’s bare minimums for airlines to function lawfully. GONE will be the days of heavy maintenance being an anchor of the airline industry, where airlines must pay greedy mechanics a livable wage. But my friends, the deadly cycle will NOT end here. Executives will come on board every few years scraping the cream from the pot leaving the airlines anemic only to have yet another new batch of executives coming in screaming labor costs are entirely too high, and the cause of all the woeful afflictions, the very root of the dysfunctional airline they must manage. Drums keep pounding rhythm to the brain, and the beat goes on and on and on…..

----------------​
only if we let it be negotiated away!

----------------

I believe the answer to your question is YES, INDY is in the early stages of building a new mid-field terminal. How many MAIN LINE gates is U using in PIT now anyway ?? Not Many..Right ??

----------------

34 (or 35) mainline and 40 express. Guess you'd better give up more of your salary if U moves to IND. They're going to need every cent you make to prosper there. And why would U move to IND with ORD so close?? With the codeshare why would you need an IND hub? Doesn't make sense.

----------------
On 4/28/2003 9:32:49 AM trvlr64 wrote:

34 (or 35) mainline and 40 express. Guess you''d better give up more of your salary if U moves to IND. They''re going to need every cent you make to prosper there. And why would U move to IND with ORD so close?? With the codeshare why would you need an IND hub? Doesn''t make sense.
----------------​

Exactly! ORD is the new ''old PIT.'' PIT maybe the new ''new PIT,'' but it''s not impossible that management is considering making IND the ''new PIT.'' Making STL the new ''old PIT'' only makes sense if UAL does an ''old Braniff.'' I don''t see making STL the new ''new PIT'' makes any sense, regardless. If UAL prospers, because it barely got it''s Chapter 11 process started before it''s too late, the new ''old PIT'' might be a ''new DFW'' if AMR does an ''old Braniff.,'' because it waited too long to avoid Chapter 11 AND too long to avoid looking more attractive to break up.

If the midwest really needs a CLE, CVG and a ''new PIT'' and U is determined to deploy small jets in the ''near mid-west,'' then it''s presumably PIT. But if PIT just doesn''t deal, then management may think that the idea is sound enough to do the deal at IND. One can only assume that U is NOT putting together a business plan for small jets at PIT for the sake of history.

Right on Lavman...

The current manager in IND was sent there only to close it down. It''s what the company does with these guys. Someone call IND and ask them what an idiot this guy is. He''s closed at least 3 stations. FNT, LEX & SDF. That''s all he''s got on his resume. IND a HUB? What a joke! He was sent there to close it!

I believe the state govt in IN also just recently voted to discontinue taxing commercial aircraft. Not sure if PA has any such tax. This would save the airline millions.

Didn''t US have a res center in IND also? Could this also move from PIT to IND? Does US still have the building and computers for easy startup?

Indianapolis is NOT a loser town, pay it a visit sometime.

UA is moving out because they can't afford a fine they are to incur, not because of the lease. The state and city forgave lease payments two years ago, they however did not forgive a penalty due to them for incentives given. UA didn't have enough employees on the books there at the end of last year. So in BK they can get out of that fine but only by closing the mtc fcty.

Yes, U still owns the res building here and as of yesterday it still had all the furnishings, including PC's. I only know this because I pass it on my way to work and now and then stop by to watch some takeoff's.

IN did pass a law which does away with the property tax on aircraft. This was done to keep Chatauqua here as they had threatened to move those operations to either CMH or to SDF with their subsidiary Republic.

Mr Powers was here, however the city is not seeking a hub (even though we are building a new airport slightly bigger than PIT), they are only seeking the mtc facility. ATA announced expansions here over the weekend (new nonstops to RDU,LAX,LGA,BOS,JFK,SFO,SJO). Although the new terminal here is to have 20 gates solely for regional jet usage.

In the long run what happens will happen. "They" will make stupid decisions as always. On a "kinda personal" note. Even though I live in IND and work at the airport, I would not be overly suprised to see it go express. For years in May and August when other carriers are bringin in race fans on full 757's and 767's, US still flew 737's and MD80's in here. Could never understand that... they did that kind of thing whenever the NCAA playoffs were here too... still do actually.

Anyway.. We can all have our own opinions, thats cool.. but do you really need to "dawg" other cities? Come on... last I thought we were all grown ups here.

----------------
On 4/26/2003 8:33:39 PM FlyingHippie wrote:

This is prime certified rumor folks.
----------------​

You said it yourself...PRIME CERTIFIED RUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why must everyone do that. I heard CIN, DAY, IND....all RUMORS. That is why everyone gets into tangents.

----------------
On 4/29/2003 11:15:17 AM MiAAmi wrote:

what about CMH now that HP is gone?

What about PIT now that US is gone?

Latest posts