How Can We Get The Iam To Vote Fair?

700UW said:
Dues will not be going up unless you get a raise, but I guess you are too busy to look into the facts and just want to spread misinformation and hate.
[post="240386"][/post]​
if this is the case, then why are we in the mainline expressed (or should former mle) are paying roughly 15.25 or higher in dues and we dont have a local lodge? the local one is in phl about an hour and a half drive from us. i personally make under 12 bucks an hr but yet i am a full time paying 15.25 in dues and yet it was the iam that sold us down the river but failed to throw in the life preservers

If you make under 12 an hour you should have reduced dues, sounds like you need to contact the ST of 1776.

Imamec said:
...a job pays ME! I pay a union! See the difference grasshopper?
[post="240411"][/post]​
You work for your employer, so your employer pays you. Your union works for you, so you pay your union.

700UW said:
If you make under 12 an hour you should have reduced dues, sounds like you need to contact the ST of 1776.
[post="240442"][/post]​
i will double check with him but each time he has called they refuse to return his call what is next? our local lodge is the one in phl and that is a good 1 1/2 hrs drive and that is if there is luck and no traffic on our turnpike

Then you need to send a certified letter to the local lodge president, if you get no where with that then fire a letter off to Robert Roach.

700UW said:
Then you need to send a certified letter to the local lodge president, if you get no where with that then fire a letter off to Robert Roach.
[post="240521"][/post]​

Yes, create a paper trail, it comes in handy if you sue them later on.

700UW said:
Dues will not be going up unless you get a raise, but I guess you are too busy to look into the facts and just want to spread misinformation and hate.
[post="240386"][/post]​
he

What a crock. You tell me then why did Fleet Service dues go up just recently? I don't remember a raise lately. We were told that it was to make up for all the IAM jobs that were lost the last time around. Whatever the reason our dues went up. Have the mechanics dues gone up recently. Probably not. Splain it to me! Huh? Go ahead! <_<

Go read the constitution and your local lodge bylaws, dues can only be calculated one of five ways.

And dues are done by the local lodge, not the district.